CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One unknown is if / when KB became aware of KK and PF’s real relationship. I would imagine that once she was aware, she would have been torn between fighting for him, and leaving him. There would have been many discussions with him about KK, and at some point she may have told him to make a choice, or she’d be done with him, take the baby, move, get custody. Add in KK pushing him to break things off with KB, perhaps pushing to spend the holidays with him. The escalating tension surely would have set PF off. Thus the level of rage, devastation and overkill. It easily could have been KK that he leveled that rage and bat against, had he been with her that day. Pathetic and brutal ending.

Thanks! I will have to look it up.

(Here’s hoping he gets everything he deserves)
Here is the wrongful death lawsuit: http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf
I would like to point out that KK was likely interviewed in Colorado Springs by CBI, the state agency, not by the CS police department, a local agency.
The possibility of PF's brother tipping him off about the interview is unlikely.

MOOOO
Yes, she was interviewed by G. Slater, CBI Agent as well as other LE.
@PommyMommy & @MassGuy - I will plan to take my drones down there Tuesday weather permitting. They are calling for 4-8" of snow tonight where I live at almost 8k' but should be stopping by tomorrow midmorning. Cold again on Sunday, only 30s but Tuesday looks to be in the mid-50s so that would be welcome. Will keep you posted. Always looking for a reason to fly them.
You're awesome! Thank you so much. :)

MOO, Can anyone else imagine a kooky defense that can explain KK's post-murder behavior/clean-up, while also saving PF from life in prison?

Could this defense tactic be possible?
Might the defense put forth a scenario where KB was found in her condo by PF, deceased by suicide. PF, being the gentleman and caring family guy he is (LOL) wanted to spare her loved ones the pain and stigma that sometimes accompanies a death by suicide. And maybe he was feeling some guilt or responsibility due to problems in their relationship. So, he made the decision to have KB "vanish" into the unknown, because he thought that was the preferred narrative, to spare her family and their daughter from the difficult "truth."

How to explain the copious amounts of blood throughout the condo? She used a sharp object, followed by a firearm to effect her death.

IMO, of course it's a ridiculous notion, and there's no way that would work to convince a jury of his innocence, but I've seen some very creative work by defense counsel in my lifetime, so nothing would surprise me.

Just to be clear, I think the above scenario is ridiculous and impossible!
I had considered that perhaps a plan may have been to take her to ID where the ping was detected to stage a suicide with her firearm. In my thoughts, the sedatives would have been for this trip then to the area she disposed of the phone. I think KKL backed out of this scenario. I am still not sure why a bullet is missing. So, yes the defense will try many theories. Depression and anxiety doesn't mean you are suicidal though. She doesn't have any evidence of being treated for suicidal ideation either.

I don't know about all of you, but I'm still feeling a bit shocked about all the information that was revealed on the 19th. Poor KB didn't stand a chance with PF and KK. They were hell bent on killing her and they went to great lengths to get it done. What they did is beyond sick. My heart breaks for Baby K, her family and friends.
jmo

I had considered that perhaps a plan may have been to take her to ID where the ping was detected to stage a suicide with her firearm. In my thoughts, the sedatives would have been for this trip then to the area she disposed of the phone. I think KKL backed out of this scenario. I am still not sure why a bullet is missing. So, yes the defense will try many theories. Depression and anxiety doesn't mean you are suicidal though. She doesn't have any evidence of being treated for suicidal ideation either.

I would like to know more about that missing bullet too.
jmo

I don't know about all of you, but I'm still feeling a bit shocked about all the information that was revealed on the 19th. Poor KB didn't stand a chance with PF and KK. They were hell bent on killing her and they went to great lengths to get it done. What they did is beyond sick. My heart breaks for Baby K, her family and friends.
jmo

Just want to shout you to you Tippy for your awesome timeline posts!!

I have missed all this as I was following a trial in Scotland but just catching up from your info...

To answer this post... Totally floored, he tried to get KK to do it 3 times and she even went to door with coffee... He was clearly so full of rage and I had a little cry when I read about her tooth being found as he literally beat her to death.

No she did not stand a chance with them two and I think it's wrong she has plead down.. She should be charged with more!!

Here's a few pics of KB's apartment, to give reference to areas discussed in the arrest warrant. This is before she bought it so decor and furnishings might be different.

IS6a3z28m9j25m1000000000.jpg
IS2nae8u9cb1g51000000000.jpg
ISu86nady7pcal1000000000.jpg
ISq9ctaov6vfab1000000000.jpg

ISes25kz6k0e5c1000000000.jpg
The living room would be smallish and open to the kitchen so it's conceivable kb's blood could splatter that far. Is that how you see it?

I have a question that I'm sure somebody here will know the answer to. When the tote, body, bat, Kelsey's purse contents and items removed from Kelsey's home were burnt, what kind of items are likely to have "somewhat survived" the fire?

How well things burned might depend on placement of the items in the water trough in relation to the fire itself. I would think remnants would still remain even if the contents were stirred or turned over.

Among items removed from Kelsey's home were curtains (curtain rings/drapery hooks), cookie cutters (could have been plastic or metal), tooth with roots, possibly candles (glass/wax), zipper from KK's paper coveralls.

And a comment: Anyone that was present on the Frazee property during the burning, or within hours after, would have smelled an awful stench from the burning plastic, gasoline, oil and flesh. It would smell nothing like a normal wood fire/bonfire.

Bones. Bones are not destroyed by fire alone from what I’ve read.

jmo
Yes I am as well- 5 people could have stopped this and not one did - I’m disgusted and hope the rest of their lives are not happy

I have missed all this as I was following a trial in Scotland but just catching up from your info...

To answer this post... Totally floored, he tried to get KK to do it 3 times and she even went to door with coffee... He was clearly so full of rage and I had a little cry when I read about her tooth being found as he literally beat her to death.

No she did not stand a chance with them two and I think it's wrong she has plead down.. She should be charged with more!!

I'm glad the timeline is helpful :)
I agree and I hope KK screws up her end of the bargain and ends up with more than a slap on the wrist.
jmo

Yes. You can see here how tiny her condo is. The living room and kitchen are basically one room except for a flooring change.

IS2nae8u9cb1g51000000000.jpg

ISircntwawd4al1000000000.jpg
Now it makes sense! I was thinking bigger rooms, with hallways, and white carpet everywhere. (I never did white carpet everywhere, but many people seem to). That would have been a real problem for blood spatter clean up. So thx. I get it now.

I think the DA knows KK lied and that's why the deal will be called off. Her story makes no sense. She claims she left blood evidence so LE would more quickly find her yet when LE did first contact her, she lied. The defense will have a field day with KK on the stand.

JMO

jmo
I feel the same way.
KB's pinterest had quotes regarding her faith and one of the last pins from that board was, "Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us."
It's gut wrenching. Evil had to work overtime to take down such a faithful, beautiful soul.

One unknown is if / when KB became aware of KK and PF’s real relationship. I would imagine that once she was aware, she would have been torn between fighting for him, and leaving him. There would have been many discussions with him about KK, and at some point she may have told him to make a choice, or she’d be done with him, take the baby, move, get custody. Add in KK pushing him to break things off with KB, perhaps pushing to spend the holidays with him. The escalating tension surely would have set PF off. Thus the level of rage, devastation and overkill. It easily could have been KK that he leveled that rage and bat against, had he been with her that day. Pathetic and brutal ending.

If KB found out PF was having an affair with KK, I don't think she would fight for him.
"Fine, go to KK", would perhaps be her comments, "and I am leaving here with baby K."
This may have been, why PF decided to murder KB.
KB was an intelligent woman, and didn't need PF, to make her way in life, if KK was on the scene.
MOO.

Not asked of me directly but the question was raised earlier...
If I were on the jury what would I do?
Convict PF of first degree murder.

Do I have a shadow of a doubt? Yes
Do I have a reasonable doubt? NO

Based on the timeline, motive, opportunity, PF is guilty. And if the option were on the table - - Wait three clear Sundays, and drop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine