CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #47 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted the question below and the thread closed so I am reposting (hope that’s allowed)

Question for @Dave F. and others ...In the affidavit, attachment A (item 75) it states that “PF gave KKL the firearm that belonged to KB late in the evening on the 24th” of November. @Dave F. has constructed a detailed timeline (thread 51 or 52 I believe)which estimates KKL left at 7:45PM from the Franch on the 24th. What do you and others make of the description “late in the evening” ? Might not be much of anything, however I tend to think of 7:45PM being more early in the evening or even just “evening” but certainly not “late in the evening” it seems totally logical how you backed into the timeline, I just am curious about the late in the evening statement.

As I stated in a previous post, the sun went down at 4:41 pm at Florissant. The moon was already visible, and was a "half-moon". The wind was blowing and gusting. KKL had not slept for nearly two days. Even PF suggested she needed a nap, pronto. It was "late" for KKL, and she was the one describing it to Slater.
IMO

• The murder, according to KK (through PF), happened in a back office/second bedroom.
  • According to testimony PF left the murder scene and then went to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family. Later, he allegedly returned to collect KB’s body and burned it.
  • PF went to Thanksgiving dinner with his family that same night, according to Slater’s testimony.
  • Slater says PF put KB’s body in black bag in truck — and drove to celebrate Thanksgiving with family.
Taken from the timeline at the beginning of this thread which I decided to refresh myself on. I would guess this must show the difference in tweets/acoustics by different reporters or the different testimony? I have no idea.

If one looks at the dates of other things as well, much does not match the affidavit.

The above is just a sampling.

It may be just what has been heard in the courtroom or reported, or mistakes in testimony. The above, however, gives very conflicting accounts of what we know.

Great catch on the Friday trip to Nash Ranch! LE didn't explain it. They merely mentioned that it happened.
The vicinity of Nash ranch is also the vicinity of PF's Guthrie cattle grazing lease land. The cell phone data clearly shows that coverage dropped to nothing just short of Nash Ranch, and Slater explained it was a "void".
PF's cattle were not on his Guthrie grazing lease at that time. The cattle were in Westcliffe. I would certainly like to know what he was doing on the 23rd, but I'm afraid the defense will never bring it up. IMO

Yeah, but the defence might!

• The murder, according to KK (through PF), happened in a back office/second bedroom.
  • According to testimony PF left the murder scene and then went to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family. Later, he allegedly returned to collect KB’s body and burned it.
  • PF went to Thanksgiving dinner with his family that same night, according to Slater’s testimony.
  • Slater says PF put KB’s body in black bag in truck — and drove to celebrate Thanksgiving with family.
Taken from the timeline at the beginning of this thread which I decided to refresh myself on. I would guess this must show the difference in tweets/acoustics by different reporters or the different testimony? I have no idea.

If one looks at the dates of other things as well, much does not match the affidavit.

It may be just what has been heard in the courtroom or reported, or mistakes in testimony. The above, however, gives very conflicting accounts of what we know.
\

Yes.....the reporters were having a terrible time with the accoustics, and I think everyone was simply overwhelmed by the rapid-fire, all-day information overload. We're still sorting it out. IMO

I just posted this question below and the thread closed so I am reposting here ( I hope that is allowed)...

In reading the affidavit again (items 20-22) it seems as though if I am interpreting it correctly, on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th that both PF and KB cell phones travel in the same direction together west of Cripple Creek (and KKL’s does too on the 24th). I think I get why they do on the 22 & 24, bringing the tote to Nash on the 22 and retrieving it on the 24th. It’s the 23rd (day after Thanksgiving and day before KKL is said to have arrived) that I am questioning. Has it been discussed why PF & KB phones travelled the same route the day after PF apparently dropped off the tote at Nash Ranch? Is it just a coincidence? Perhaps that is a route he frequently traveled for work, etc it would have been a Friday.
My thought is that PF was kind of nervous about the tote and wanted to make sure it was still there and in the condition that he left it. After he left, he probably imagined all kinds of things that could happen...like the tote toppled off and her murdered body was lying in the open. Perhaps he feared another rancher might happen in there and be curious as to why a tote was on top of the bales. I have heard that often criminals return to the scene of the crime, and I am thinking that is why he went back...to make sure everything was the same way as when he left before.

I agree with you. It could also likely be the interpretation that the reporters had of certain terms...especially since some since to have very little knowledge of ranching terms. Take the term "tote" for an example.

Some of our posters are British or from other places that use British English. I would not be able to change my American spellings in a British thread, so I don’t expect that of them. We all know what is meant and I’m just glad they’re here.
I became familiar with the British English spelling of words by reading books by British authors. I love it; my favorites are 'colour' and 'honour'. Earlier in the threads I had to look up the past tense of plead. It can be pleaded, pled, or plead, and all are correct! You can't mess it up! I do feel sorry for anyone who learned English as a second language...

My thought is that PF was kind of nervous about the tote and wanted to make sure it was still there and in the condition that he left it. After he left, he probably imagined all kinds of things that could happen...like the tote toppled off and her murdered body was lying in the open. Perhaps he feared another rancher might happen in there and be curious as to why a tote was on top of the bales. I have heard that often criminals return to the scene of the crime, and I am thinking that is why he went back...to make sure everything was the same way as when he left before.

I’m curious to know what time and how long he was at the Nash Ranch area on Friday and where was he after that. I’m heading to bed. Last one up turn out the lights!

I’ve followed cases on websleuths for awhile now but never been so personally affected as I have with KB, and never posted on here before but I wanted to share a link. I’m not sure if this has made national news, because it’s *somewhat* local to me, but this case is so eerily similar to KB’s, so I thought it might be relevant in the sense of watching both cases unravel and looking for more possible similarities/comparisons. I haven’t found the websleuths page for this case yet, but it there is one that any of you know of, please link.

Air Force major, based in S.A., suspected in wife's death https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Air-Force-major-based-in-San-Antonio-suspected-13660143.php?t=15b849e8d8

I’ve followed cases on websleuths for awhile now but never been so personally affected as I have with KB, and never posted on here before but I wanted to share a link. I’m not sure if this has made national news, because it’s *somewhat* local to me, but this case is so eerily similar to KB’s, so I thought it might be relevant in the sense of watching both cases unravel and looking for more possible similarities/comparisons. I haven’t found the websleuths page for this case yet, but it there is one that any of you know of, please link.

Air Force major, based in S.A., suspected in wife's death https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Air-Force-major-based-in-San-Antonio-suspected-13660143.php?t=15b849e8d8

You link isn't working for me, but I think this might be the WS thread for it

TX - TX - Andreen Mcdonald, 29, Bexar County, 1 Mar 2019

Great catch on the Friday trip to Nash Ranch! LE didn't explain it. They merely mentioned that it happened.
The vicinity of Nash ranch is also the vicinity of PF's Guthrie cattle grazing lease land. The cell phone data clearly shows that coverage dropped to nothing just short of Nash Ranch, and Slater explained it was a "void".
PF's cattle were not on his Guthrie grazing lease at that time. The cattle were in Westcliffe. I would certainly like to know what he was doing on the 23rd, but I'm afraid the defense will never bring it up. IMO
Is it possible that PF traded services or worked for other cattle ranchers over the Thanksgiving weekend since he was staying in the area? I had thought maybe he would visit his own cattle even twice daily in Nov after they've been brought in - but you have verified PF's were already moved off to Westcliffe. Maybe the cattle owned by others were at Nash Ranch, needed feeding, check pregnant ones, owners out of town for holiday? Gives cat and dog sitting a new perspective, cattle sitting.

Last edited:
@lindaromas
@Dave F.
Anyone else end of last thread closed

Thank you for the wind information for the bonfire night. *slaps forehead with wet noodle* I seem to have the WP zip code hardwired in my head and that's why I got the USAF Academy instead of Florissant.

So the night of the bonfire was "windy conditions" with strong gusts per pretty much all the historical weather data websites. Okay, I was just wondering. Thanks.

It sounds to me like
KKL must have been taking some sort of speed to do all these long trips back and forth in such short periods of time. jmo.
an aging beauty queen knows all the tricks in the book.
and one struggling to maintain healthy weight..... (speculating)diet pills would have been her life. no doubt in my mind this would have been her companion.
although all the food stops contradict that.
speed is an appetite suppressant.

moo

Welcome ANWtx with your first post.:):):)
Thanks for the info on the other case.
Hope we hear more from you.

With the Watts Case, many here did not suspect, there would be a Plea Deal, during early proceedings.
Could we be surprised tomorrow?
I hope so.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members