CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be very interested to see the texts that were received from Kelsey’s phone, to see how convincing this cover story (re: “I’ll be away” or whatever was said in those messages) was and why her workplace went along with it. I’ll bet they change some procedures after this... Also curious why LE didn’t move harder and faster on this when she was reported missing, but perhaps the increased resources and expertise of the CBI and FBI have given them necessary leads they were lacking. This situation certainly has many more questions than answers... I suspect it will feel that way - for us - for a while. I hope I’m wrong, of course, and she is reunited with her baby and her family soon.
My employer wouldn't appreciate a text to say I wasn't coming in to work. It would never occur to me to not personally speak to my manager about taking off from work. That to me is very odd.

My feeling is that for all intents and purposes, this is a homicide investigation at this point.

There’s a lot of work left to be done, and I’m not at all confident of a quick resolution.
I have wondered where your thinking was at this point. You were confident day one of CW’s guilt. This case is different and a baby has been left without her mother. There is so much we don’t know. And if I read the post above correctly, it sounds as if KB may have had a substance abuse problem? That would compound things for LE. Still, I always go back to the fact she has been missing for three weeks. I could easily believe she was abducted by a stranger but someone really close had to send those texts. So....it keeps going back to PF. I keep going round and round.

Here is my theory. She has gone missing before, but maybe not for this long. She has weird #recovery and #sober tags on her Instagram.

This would explain why her mom didn’t report her missing either.

PF and CB don’t want to put this info on blast. Again, JMO.

Any chance that you mean KB’s Pinterest, rather than Instagram?

Her VI Aunt asked earlier if we would stick to known facts and avoid the topic of rehab or treatment or related issues, so going to try to stick to that as much as I can when answering.

My Pinterest is filled with topics that I am personally interested in as well as things I want to share with friends and family members. Is it possible the hashtags that you mention above were pinned to help to support others?

I can't see him burying her on his land. But, lots of land between CO and ID. Lots of time too with a message to employer (who else would have access to her phone AND know her employer). No text to Mom though. I wonder why. I am sure Mom would have smelled a skunk and rained on his parade much like SW's good friend. MOO
Yeah, I mentioned this before, but I have a theory as to why there was no text to mom.

If this was an effort to mislead LE, PF would have likely left his phone at home. This would allow him to send a text from Kelsey’s phone, while placing himself hundreds of miles away.

Also, if he texted her mom, she would immediately call PF. If she did this, he wouldn’t be able to answer, as his phone wasn’t with him.

This was calculated.

Last edited:
Here is my theory. She has gone missing before, but maybe not for this long. She has weird #recovery and #sober tags on her Instagram.

This would explain why her mom didn’t report her missing either.

PF and CB don’t want to put this info on blast. Again, JMO.
Emph. mine

Haven't looked at her Instagram.
It would be great if she's just gone away for a while to 'cool off' or recover. Her little one and her family miss her so much.
Not sure why I'm feeling so down about Kelsey's absence ; it just feels different -- and not like a voluntary disappearance.

I have wondered where your thinking was at this point. You were confident day one of CW’s guilt. This case is different and a baby has been left without her mother. There is so much we don’t know. And if I read the post above correctly, it sounds as if KB may have had a substance abuse problem? That would compound things for LE. Still, I always go back to the fact she has been missing for three weeks. I could easily believe she was abducted by a stranger but someone really close had to send those texts. So....it keeps going back to PF. I keep going round and round.
What proof is there she had a "substance abuse problem"?

For the one percent of us who don’t use social media like twitter, facebook, Instagram and the like, can you explain if you were actually looking at an account that belongs to KB and it had wording that said recovery and sober on it? Are you, or the site, suggesting she is an addict?
Also what exactly is meant by "weird?" Isn't that typical for people with past history of substance use? I always thought it was a significant accomplishment to be "sober," and something to be proud of. Imo

That is just someone's guess based on two things on her SM.

"I think there's information that we just don't all know yet because it is tied to the case, and I don't doubt that when all the information comes out, it's going to be understandable at that time," (cousin, Jodee) Garretson said. "It's a long story and that's not all something that can be shared right now."

Community holds vigil for mother missing from Woodland Park since Thanksgiving

I think it's going to be a long story too. And will answer the animosity we are seeing.

Yeah, I mentioned this before, but I have a theory as to why there was no text to mom.

If this was an effort to mislead LE, PF would have likely left his phone at home. This would allow him to send a text from Kelsey’s phone, while placing him hundreds of miles away.

Also, if he texted her mom, she would immediately call PF. If she did this, he wouldn’t be able to answer, as his phone wasn’t with him.

It makes me laugh at the thought of a cattle farmer thinking he can out smart and out tech LE.

My employer wouldn't appreciate a text to say I wasn't coming in to work. It would never occur to me to not personally speak to my manager about taking off from work. That to me is very odd.
We have a strict policy at my work, call offs or time off requests are not allowed via text or messenger or anything like that. People have to actually call and speak to a manager otherwise it would be considered a no call/no show and voluntary termination.

So I work at a place where texting in for work is not allowed. People text in daily. I continue to be amazed at how they refuse to call in but text in so much.

I have only been following this case, but have a question...I must have missed this somewhere - is the child from the fiance or of an ex and she has a fiance?

On but in airplane mode with prescheduled texts for 11/25? Would the phone wake up, ping, send texts, then return to airplane mode? Isn't the point of airplane mode to not constantly (every 4 minutes or so) ping a tower?

That’s true. I wish a tech expert could chime in. Even though the most realistic possibility is that someone drove the phone there, it would be interesting to hear all possible scenarios, if not just for our own education on it.

With CW, I had all I needed from very early on. His “confession” told me that he killed them all.

I just don’t have enough here to reach that level of confidence.

If there was a crime, I am extremely confident as to who is responsible.

It’s the whole “If there was a crime” part, that I’m not 100% sold on, although I’m really close.

I just want a bit more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members