CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, refusing to interview with LE and only speaking through a lawyer and not allowing the other family to see the child?
...Yeah that screams innocent.

If my wife was missing, I'd be trying to get in front of every camera possible saying her name over and over and over

How do we know that Kelsey and PF broke up the day before Thanksgiving? Is that info Kelsey told her mother or is that PF attorney vetted info?
I believe this info came from unsanctioned SM. Although there is an official family approved Missing Mom FB page -- this page is NOT locked which means it's also full of public speculation and rumor posts. Seems to me that some have taken the "public posts" as fact. Family is having a difficult time keeping up with and/or cleaning up their page -- we saw this with Tibbetts page until family "locked down" the page and limited posts to factual updates by the family/Admin only.
MOO

@Kelsey's Aunt

Last edited:
And Baby Lisa, remember her? I think about them both often. In this case there is a delay in reporting KB missing, which makes it harder on LE. I hope, for the sake of her family and her daughter, that this is not left unresolved.

I have to believe there was a very good reason for the delay. Something made KB’s mother believe she was okay.... IMO

If Kelsey has been harmed and if P was the assailant...I am thinking more over custody, or an altercation, not another woman...jmo
Yes, I'm thinking there may have been problems concerning custody of the child, or at least arguments as to who would get her when. That can be very emotional, especially when the child is young.
It seems Kelsey had planned on going out to dinner but somehow the child ended up going with her dad and spending Thanksgiving with his family. I wonder where Kelsey was by that time?

I agree.

Custody or an argument that escalated.

I don’t think this is about another woman, even if one exists.
It's possible she found out about another woman and a heated conversation happened where KB threatened to take the baby back to her hometown, then the argument escalated from there.

eta: he sure is hanging onto that baby and not letting anyone else near her. I suspect the baby is what this is all about.

Last edited:
Summary of PC:

23 days since KB last seen -- LE don't believe this is intentional,
Search warrant includes several agencies -- warrant sealed,
Asking PF to sit down with investigators,
Suspect/POI? LE not willing to commit,
Wells Fargo fund for family set up,
DA confirms Woodland Park work and partners FBI, CBI, Teller County Sheriff, and Multi States cooperating,
Looking for help from the community with any info beginning with 11/22/18 Thanksgiving,
Woodland Park PD is contact for this investigation

Media Q/A:

Hope is that KB is still alive
Judge had enough info to sign off on search warrant
No briefing on any findings yet (at residence)
Confirming PF has not sat down with investigators (he was last person to see KB)
PF communicating through his attorney
Case is taking toll on WPPD -- rough investigation
Cannot comment on search of PF truck
Text msg to PF from KB phone -- can't comment
CB has not seen the baby girl/granddaughter
LE has seen the baby -- no word/reason on whether baby will be taken from PF
Officers search Florissant home of Kelsey Berreth's fiancé

Might be why he won't let the daughter out of his sight. Given the language being used by PF's attorney when referring to the daughter, I'm beginning to wonder if she's not his.

It's always a possibility. Maybe KB told him that, I imagine that would have started a fight But I can't believe she would keep information like that from her mother.

Might be why he won't let the daughter out of his sight. Given the language being used by PF's attorney when referring to the daughter, I'm beginning to wonder if she's not his.
Let's please not start going down that road! It has already been said that he IS the father. Right now finding KB is the important thing IMO.

Meh, I was in the process of writing a whole post trying to see if it's possible that KB was at fault and maybe there's a reason PF is being so protective/quiet/uncooperative... and.... I just keep coming back to the fact that it's a reasonable expectation that he would be involved in efforts to find/locate KB or even just bringing awareness to finding her.

It's so... ballsy... that he's not even trying. It is honestly mind-blowing. How can you be that numb? Or just not care? Seriously mind-blowing.

Please forgive my ignorance (I’m from Canada eh!), but what is the purpose of a “sealed warrant” and is this the usual process, or is this something special/unusual?

TIA :)

A sealed warrant is very normal during an ongoing investigation ! You can’t let the public know everything or you’d never have a real case l

Search warrant executed at Kelsey Berreth's fiance's home
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said at an afternoon news conference that Berreth's disappearance was "more suspicious" than authorities originally believed and said that they now believe she is not "intentionally avoiding efforts to find her."

De Young said there were no details available Friday about what led to a judge signing off on the warrant at Frazee's home, nor what they are seeking at the home, because the warrant is sealed.

He said investigators are now hoping Frazee will sit down and talk with investigators. He has thus far only communicated with them through his attorney, De Young said.

But Frazee is now not being ruled out as a suspect in Berreth's disappearance, De Young said. Asked if Frazee was considered a suspect or person of interest, De Young said investigators were "considering every possibility" and were "not willing to jump to conclusions."

De Young said Friday afternoon that there were "a number of other things" done up through Thursday night that led to a judge signing off on the warrant. He praised the agencies working on the case, which he called a "rough case to investigate."

De Young said Friday afternoon that it was investigators' "hope" that Berreth was still alive and said that was "absolutely a possibility."
Does anyone have a link to a recording of the press conference?

Too much time passed between her going missing and the involvement of LE here.

It doesn’t matter how good these agencies are, that’s a hell of a disadvantage to overcome.

Unless this search warrant turns up something, we could be here a while.

The Watts case spoiled us.

I understand that many perps end up never being accused because the bodies are not found.

In this case, too much time had passed between the time KB was last seen and the time the police was first alerted.

Contrary to all logic, I hope KB will be found, it is so concerning, she is a young mother.

The facts point otherwise.

I feel very sympathetic towards KB's family and her child.

Meh, I was in the process of writing a whole post trying to see if it's possible that KB was at fault and maybe there's a reason PF is being so protective/quiet/uncooperative... and.... I just keep coming back to the fact that it's a reasonable expectation that he would be involved in efforts to find/locate KB or even just bringing awareness to finding her.

It's so... ballsy... that he's not even trying. It is honestly mind-blowing. How can you be that numb? Or just not care? Seriously mind-blowing.

I believe he is arrogant. Something makes him believe he is above the law and has some sort of out! MOO

Summary of PC:

23 days since KB last seen -- LE don't believe this is intentional,
Search warrant includes several agencies -- warrant sealed,
Asking PF to sit down with investigators,
Suspect/POI? LE not willing to commit,
Wells Fargo fund for family set up,
DA confirms Woodland Park work and partners FBI, CBI, Teller County Sheriff, and Multi States cooperating,
Looking for help from the community with any info beginning with 11/22/18 Thanksgiving,
Woodland Park PD is contact for this investigation

Media Q/A:

Hope is that KB is still alive
Judge had enough info to sign off on search warrant
No briefing on any findings yet (at residence)
Confirming PF has not sat down with investigators (he was last person to see KB)
PF communicating through his attorney
Case is taking toll on WPPD -- rough investigation
Cannot comment on search of PF truck
Text msg to PF from KB phone -- can't comment
CB has not seen the baby girl/granddaughter
LE has seen the baby -- no word/reason on whether baby will be taken from PF
Officers search Florissant home of Kelsey Berreth's fiancé
Seattle, will you post this in the media thread please?

So you have it handy :): CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*
MOO

It should make no difference whatsoever if he left his phone at home or turned off. The truck should have a GPS built in that can tell them where the truck went. Very likely why they hauled it in....for that reason as well as any evidence they can gather from within, on or underneath the truck itself.

It should make no difference whatsoever if he left his phone at home or turned off. The truck should have a GPS built in that can tell them where the truck went. Very likely why they hauled it in....for that reason as well as any evidence they can gather from within, on or underneath the truck itself.

Very true! Zuzu Verk- they used the keyfob to retrieve info from friends vehicle to tell where exactly the car had gone and had made stops at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444