CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought popped into my mind after reading this article:
A Missing Colorado Mom Sent Texts 3 Days After Her Disappearance

The statement about a clue being found in a baked good. What if she served cinnamon rolls to PF and he was at her house, the plate and fork he ate with has his DNA (hence the DNA sample). This doesn't match his "exchange" story that he met her somewhere.

From the article:
The news conference was held on Dec. 10, but the Facebook page dedicated to updating the public on the case was created by loved ones on Dec. 5.

And after she was reported missing by her mother on Dec. 2, the police searched her apartment, where they found both of her vehicles, her toothbrush, and a possible clue in a baked good
Thanks for linking that as I didn't have it at hand. No idea of the cinnamon rolls being shared or being of crucial evidence, but I do find this of interest:
"Kelsey is a pilot. Although it would be out of character for her to not contact anyone before making a cross-country trip we can't exclude the possibility. Kelsey has ties to the Pacific Northwest as well as Kansas. She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from," the post read. "I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now."
jmo
Chi

Is it possible she's faked her disappearance with the assistance of pf for insurance money? Her daughter would likely be the benificiary and we all know how he's been with her. Plus, the comment from cb that mentioned money being tight for pf... No big wedding... She's got her own place under her parents' company...

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of what Kelsey's alleged relative has posted on here contradicts Kelsey's mom's statements?
I have to say I was always closer to my Aunt than my Mom. I loved my Mom, but didn’t really trust her. (It was complicated) my aunt knew a lot more about me than my Mom.

I want to know more about the cinnamon rolls!

Do we know for sure that she baked them?

Is it possible someone brought them to her?

And, were they the pre-made type, where you just throw ‘em in the oven, or were they made from scratch?

Bwahahaha! Steel, you need to do a search for cinnamon rolls and go back to thread 2 or so. There were some terrific posts about these buns, hun. These things have been previously discussed to the point where even the Pillsbury Doughboy might be sick of them.:p

And now I want a cinnabon.

One thing that I have wondered about on the rolls was whethered they had been baked or they had been left on the stove to rise before baking. "Cold rolls" made me think they were rising and never got to the point of being baked.
I want to know more about the cinnamon rolls!

Do we know for sure that she baked them?

Is it possible someone brought them to her?

And, were they the pre-made type, where you just throw ‘em in the oven, or were they made from scratch?
Here we go again. :p (If you weren't here the other night, there was a pretty long and wild discussion about God, dogs and rolls, LOL!)

Her brother's statement (link posted upthread) said she made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and the remainder were left on the stovetop. I don't have any idea if they were made from scratch, but I'm confident that they were baked and that she made them.
MOO

Also from link:
A Missing Colorado Mom Sent Texts 3 Days After Her Disappearance
"At the press conference, reporters asked if the police had searched Patrick's residence, which De Young did not elaborate on, only confirming they did not live together. Cheryl clarified, "They have never lived together."
Of course now they have searched that property and not everything on that link is always reliable...just saying.
Chi needing to take a nap

I have to say that the Idaho ping disturbs me for a different reason. If the person that took KB took her phone to Idaho, which seems to be likely, that person probably took her at least part of the way as well. Almost certainly that went through most of Wyoming. I don't know how many of you have been in central or across southern Wyoming, but if not, it's hard to describe. A hundred miles between towns, thousands of square miles of unpopulated, wild, open land. If this person, whoever disposed of KB there, whoever it was, she will likely never be found.

Agree. And I still think they should not zero on PF alone. PF is here. What if, seeing that the relationship was going nowhere, she fell for someone, who offered a romantic trip during a long weekend? People fall hard on a rebound.

The relatives say that Kelsey was looking for a quality in a relationship. To me, it says she must have not been experienced in the dating area. But she probably would fall for someone who had something she perceived as quality? I would not look at religious part, as people always assume they can convert someone doubting. But looks, education, currently leading a clean life, maybe going to AA?

I would look at her flight school. People attending classes, coworkers. It could be someone from her past, and Facebook could help, but I also think that her Pin about sobriety could have applied not to her, but to that new person she met. So I would canvass nearby AA groups, her school (someone being late for Thanksgiving), her FB (PM s might have been deleted, but a new friend, or a friend from the past recently resurfacing?).

Last but not least, is there a 7th day Adventist church in Colorado? Talk to people there.

Here we go again. :p (If you weren't here the other night, there was a pretty long and wild discussion about God, dogs and rolls, LOL!)

Her brother's statement (link posted upthread) said she made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and the remainder were left on the stovetop. I don't have any idea if they were made from scratch, but I'm confident that they were baked and that she made them.
MOO

JINX!!! ❤️ you today.

MOO
Thank you, PommyMommy! I knew you'd come to my rescue. :)

I wonder if he provides childcare rather than contribute to the cost of daycare. Kelsey's mom told us that they had plans to get a home together but were unable to do so due to the economy (cattle prices). Maybe they were just trying to save money? MOO
With 2 separate households and a 70 mile commute? That’s not gonna save money!

I’m new to this site but have read with interest recitations of known facts and various theories attempting to explain what might have happened. Having practiced law for almost 30 years including some as a prosecutor, outcomes are way more often than not the simplest and most logical. That judgment though is only possible when all of the facts are available. LE has gathered some and is gathering more at PF’s property. The public knows very little, so even quite reasonable analyses based on those few facts — some of which appear to be problematic for PF — may be flawed. Sorry if what I’m saying is obvious but, hopefully, LE is light years ahead of where the public is.

Police continue to search home of missing woman’s fiance
Investigators are working around the clock as they continue to search the home of Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé in Florissant for a second straight day, the Woodland Park Police Department Chief said in a press release Saturday.

The multi-jurisdictional task force is searching the 35-acre property of Patrick Frazee, who has not been ruled out as a suspect in Berreth’s disappearance.

Details about what the search would cover on Saturday were not released, but Chief Miles J. De Young said the case “is the number one priority for the Woodland Park Police Department.”

During a press conference Friday, De Young said there were “a number of other things” done up through Thursday night that led to a judge signing off on a search warrant of Frazee’s home.

Thanks for linking that as I didn't have it at hand. No idea of the cinnamon rolls being shared or being of crucial evidence, but I do find this of interest:
"Kelsey is a pilot. Although it would be out of character for her to not contact anyone before making a cross-country trip we can't exclude the possibility. Kelsey has ties to the Pacific Northwest as well as Kansas. She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from," the post read. "I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now."
jmo
Chi
A friend who owns or rents a plane? Especially from Pacific NW or Kansas, but not necessarily? Her old community college is at Pacific NW, maybe a coed from the same program?

If Kelsey's cars are at home, she might have used someone else's. But she probably was not a person to get into a stranger's car. An Uber? Carrying her to a local airport? Or someone's car? I think one has to look not only at local planes taking off, but at non-local planes and helicopters landing, then taking off. And not necessarily at her airport, something farther, too.

Is it possible she's faked her disappearance with the assistance of pf for insurance money? Her daughter would likely be the benificiary and we all know how he's been with her. Plus, the comment from cb that mentioned money being tight for pf... No big wedding... She's got her own place under her parents' company...

I think her parents would help her with anything that she needed financially IMO

MOO
OK, I'll take my rolls theory and go over there---------------->

I’m honestly curious why none of her friends, co workers or just people she would see have not come out for their 15 minutes of fame. This is unusual in my opinion.

Because KB's friends and co-workers don't want to be under the microscope like Thayers or NUA in that other Colorado "missing persons " case.
I don't blame people for not speaking publicly about KB, after what neighbors and friends of the Watts' endured in social media.

JMO

With 2 separate households and a 70 mile commute? That’s not gonna save money!
CF would save money by providing the childcare rather than paying a daycare facility or Kelsey in cash. Although we don't know what their arrangement was, it lines up with the comments made by Kelsey's mother about their future plans to get a place together. So, just a thought to throw out there.
MOO

Maybe it's me, but it does seem odd that KB would bake a batch of cinnamon rolls just for her and her daughter. Maybe she had an overnight guest? PF possibly? Or a new love interest?

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985