CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought. I don't know. Maybe. But as to the suspect designation, there is no law that states when someone can be called a suspect by LE. A person is an"official suspect" when LE say they are.

In the old days they used to be quicker to call people suspects. It now seems protocol not to except in rare circumstances when they are certain they can get no more info from a perp and want to put pressure on them. People clam up when you call them suspects. So they don't call people suspects much anymore.

It's a strategic term.

However, it can have legal ramifications in that when LE speaks to someone they have deemed a suspect, and they haven't given that person a Miranda warning, it can make it more difficult to determine whether they were in custody during an interrogation. And if they can be considered in custody then anything they say without being given a Miranda warning would be inadmissible.

So to summarize, it's probably stupid for LE to officially call suspects "suspects", in most circumstances. They can call a person a suspect whenever they want. I'm not sure why some are upset about this.

I sometimes find the pressers illuminating even when they don't answer much.

I got a lot out of it. They're definitely countering the perception that PF is a cooperative and loving daddy.

I think it was a show of force too. Often they're psychological.
Thanks for explaining that. I got the feeling LE considers him a suspect even though they have not announced it publicly. They are definitely interested in him, at least.

His mom wouldn’t necessarily have to be away in order for something nefarious to have occurred.

In fact, I think that if he is involved, his mom would have provided him with the childcare he would have needed in order to commit this crime (if it is one) and potentially commit a coverup.

She didn’t even have to know that she was helping him conceal a crime.

“Mom, I have things to do, will you watch the baby for a while?”

Completely agree. But they would notice his absence if he went on a 1200 mile round trip.

It's what all lawyers say about their client. They also say something like "my client is looking forward to their day in court." It's common defense-attorney spin.

From what LE said at the press conference, PF may have given DNA swabs, and turned over photos and his phone to investigators, but he did not sit down and answer any questions.

This happens in many cases. It appears PF has not answered, and will not be answering, any police questions except through his attorney or with his attorney present. PF is no Chris Watts.
BBM
Why?

Interesting thought. I don't know. Maybe. But as to the suspect designation, there is no law that states when someone can be called a suspect by LE. A person is an"official suspect" when LE say they are.

In the old days they used to be quicker to call people suspects. It now seems protocol not to except in rare circumstances when they are certain they can get no more info from a perp and want to put pressure on them. People clam up when you call them suspects. So they don't call people suspects much anymore.

It's a strategic term.

However, it can have legal ramifications in that when LE speaks to someone they have deemed a suspect, and they haven't given that person a Miranda warning, it can make it more difficult to determine whether they were in custody during an interrogation. And if they can be considered in custody then anything they say without being given a Miranda warning would be inadmissible.

So to summarize, it's probably stupid for LE to officially call suspects "suspects", in most circumstances. They can call a person a suspect whenever they want. I'm not sure why some are upset about this.

I sometimes find the pressers illuminating even when they don't answer much.

I got a lot out of it. They're definitely countering the perception that PF is a cooperative and loving daddy.

I think it was a show of force too. Often they're psychological.

Very well thought out. Thank you for the post.

Thanks for explaining that. I got the feeling LE considers him a suspect even though they have not announced it publicly. They are definitely interested in him, at least.
Yeah. I got that impression from the first press conference.

This second one, coupled with that search warrant, only solidifies the notion that they are treating him as a suspect.

They may not use the words, but the implication is quite clear.

I would have to go back and listen to it but the bottom line is that they want him to sit down with investigators and he hasn't done that. Yet, his attorney says that he's cooperating. It doesn't sound like it to me.

If my SO was missing, the police wouldn't be able to get rid of me. MOO
Right? Hook me up to the ldt and let’s move on with finding my loved one!

Right? Hook me up to the ldt and let’s move on with finding my loved one!
Exactly. Hypothetically, say that you are estranged from your fiancé. Hell we can go further than that, say that they absolutely hate one another.

Don’t you still do everything in your power to find her? She is the mother of your child after all.

Not reporting her missing is incredibly suspicious.

Not helping to find her is unforgivable.

One has to strongly consider the idea that these two things are inextricably linked.

Because he fears he will be wrongly implicated in a crime he did not commit. Lets say for example he's interviewed and he tells LE he spent all day Friday and Saturday on his ranch. Then an eye witness comes forward and says they saw him with a shovel in his hand at the city dump on Saturday. If he has already pigeon holed himself at being home then he will be suspected of lying to the police. Even if he was indeed home all day and the person who was the eye witness was mistaken.

Did LE just remove one vehicle from Patrick's mom's ranchette? If so that tells me LE has that specific pickup on someone's home surveillance video or Ring Doorbell near Kelsey's duplex.
That’s a really interesting thought.

I think that surveillance footage will be key to leading to some sort of resolution here.

Perhaps that was the reason for that search warrant.

It may have not only identified the vehicle as being involved, but also opened the door to a more thorough search, one that obviously included his property.

I’m surprised that it hasn’t been discussed more that she may have been fibbing to her mother about a lot of things. Like :
- Mom is religious .... KB may have wound up having a baby with a man she was only casually dating and so she told her mother that they were engaged as part of the breaking the news that she had sex out of wedlock AND was pregnant
- KB and PF may be co parents only and haven’t dated in months or at all since her getting pregnant ...He may not be explaining this to the police because KB might’ve told him a few thousand times how important it was that her family believe they are engaged (And maybe he also lied to his family)
-PF may literally have zero clue who she associates with. And he may be smart enough to realize that does not make anyone look great when they don’t know hardly anything about their baby’s mom
-PF might often have baby K for a week plus with no contact with KB, Receiving a text from her on 11/25 that said ‘I’ll be in touch in a week and give K kisses for me’ may not have been unusual.(not the wording of her actual text obviously) .

All MOO and mostly based on them exchanging child on T Day, exchanging child mid way through a holiday isn’t unusual for co parents or ex’s.

In other words he may not have anything to say or add because he really doesn’t know. He may not love her, was never engaged to her, and may barely know her or her friends/family.
JMO

All evidence is pointing towards she was a loner, have we heard from ANY friends of hers? Even on SM?

And like some other posters I have absolutely told people I had holiday plans (like KB Tellung her mom they had dinner plans) when I in fact I did not have any plans and just wanted to relax. When you tell 95% of people that you have no plans for the holiday they tend to freak the bleep out and cannot believe that you would be happy with that choice. Having people feel sorry for you when you are completely fine with something is very uncomfortable.

I do agree that her flight students and other people she spent time with need to interviewed and analyzed more closely.

Did LE just remove one vehicle from Patrick's mom's ranchette? If so that tells me LE has that specific pickup on someone's home surveillance video or Ring Doorbell near Kelsey's duplex on Thanksgiving Day.

Or they found something in a preliminary search that made them take it for further processing. I don't like the direction this case is going, but I really hope we found out soon what happened to KB, good or bad.

For those people who closely followed Twitter today, did you see photos of a Toyota Corolla parked at PF's home today?

That's wonderful news! Glad you're on the mend.

Back on topic: I never imagined so many restaurants would be open on Thanksgiving. I incorrectly assumed most were closed to give the employees a day off with their families. So it's possible PF/KB were going out for dinner. Did they? When did they leave each other's presence? Why didn't he report her missing? That right there makes me think he knows more about this disappearance than "someone else" (X) who came along after he left from picking up the baby
Yes, where I live Thanksgiving is a big day for restaurants, but you have to make reservations far in advance.
It doesn't sound like Kelsey had definite plans for dinner that day. I don't think she was included in her fiancees plans with his family at all. She didn't say anything to her mom about the father picking the child up that day to go to his families home. It does not sound like that was the original plan. She did not bring the child to him, as was originally stated. He went to her house to pick the child up. Maybe his going there was unexpected, and there was an argument. It's hard to imagine he would take the child and not include her in the dinner plans, especially if he knew she was going to be alone. I would really like to know what he tells LE about his reason for not including her.

I am suspicious of PF and am disappointed that he hasn’t been interviewed by LE yet but there are people that have been convicted of murder and years later, were found innocent.

Smart people lawyer up and let the lawyer do the talking. It would be traumatic to have someone you love go missing and then be falsely accused.

That being said, the odds aren’t in PF’s favor. Statistically, if someone goes missing, it’s usually the spouse that was involved.

I can’t see KB running off to live a different life without her baby. She has a loving mother too.

A random perp is always possible but a spouse or known perp is more likely.

Also, we don’t know if she was a “loner”. Shanann Watts was unusual case because 99.9% of the friends that spoke to the media were in her Thrive team and communicated with her multiple times per day on social media, texts, calls, FaceTime, etc. for work. Most of the ones in her team were not merely co-workers but friends (she made new friends via Thrive and recruited longtime friends into her team as well).

On an OT note: The Mollie Tibbetts and Watts cases have convinced me to get video cameras outside. Video cameras have proven to be a crucial piece of evidence.

Last edited:
Exactly. Hypothetically, say that you are estranged from your fiancé. Hell we can go further than that, say that they absolutely hate one another.

Don’t you still do everything in your power to find her? She is the mother of your child after all.

Not reporting her missing is incredibly suspicious.

Not helping to find her is unforgivable.

One has to strongly consider the idea that these two things are inextricably linked.
Yes! The moment you realize you haven’t heard from the mother of your child and she hasn’t checked on her, you would be thinking “wth”, and you would begin making some calls. And yes, even if you hated her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody