CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #50 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Texas, we call those "Range Cubes." It is an easy way to give them some extra protein, especially in winter. Since the cubes are large and very compacted the cattle will get most of it eaten as opposed to being wasted if it is the little pellets on the ground. It is a good chance to gather the herd to see if any are missing or sick as well, and keeps them happy to see you. Once when I was young I went into my granddad's pasture to go fishing. A cow looked up and saw me. She started running toward me. The rest of the herd followed suit. I started running, and they started running faster. I thought they were going to attack me, so I slid under the barbed wire fence yanking out a wad of hair, but I escaped them. My grandfather laughed and laughed. They weren't trying to attack me. They thought I was going to feed them!!!
I live in West Texas my hubby just calls it cake, but the sack definitely says range cubes. I am Guilty of typing what I hear on a daily basis, forget about the wording police sometimes. In CO with the colder temps I am assuming PF fed range cubes ( cattle cake) every other day if not daily.
I am thinking KB was very familiar with cattle since her parents are retired hay farmers and most likely enjoyed midnight runs to check cattle. KB was the complete package, licensed pilot and a farmers daughter.
Adding : PF really screwed up his life not trying to man up and make a life with a quality young woman. Such a waste to lose KB.
EBM : off subject

Last edited:
The house is on 35 acres, in a sparsely populated area.

There’s no guarantee anyone would smell anything, much less call the fire department.

Plastic was found, which corroborated KK’s account of a fire, in addition to other tell-tale signs.
I thought this fire was large enough and hot enough, and went on for hours, to consume multiple large bags of household trash, the black tote, a human body, wood, gasoline and oil. This ain't a movie and this ain't a little Hibachi barbeque. It's pitch black out there at night, and IMO any fire would be noticed by hypervigilant residents. The claim of KK was that it occurred on a Saturday evening when people are still awake, JMO if there even was a fire, from about 7:00PM based on SW documents (PF phone ping, 2.18 miles south of Florissant tower at 6:19PM on 11/24).

Where is the fire protection service? I don't see it on your map.

There were no fire danger alerts for the time of the supposed fire at the Franch. MOO

Colorado Emergency Management: 2018
That's the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. The only fires listed on the entire page are:

"Current Disasters/Large Incidents
  • Ryan Fire, Jackson County
  • Silver Creek Fire, Routt County
  • Bull Draw Fire, Montrose County"
Ryan Fire Information - InciWeb the Incident Information System

Ryan Fire (link) was over 28,000 acres.
Silver Creek Fire was over 20,000 acres.
Bull Draw Fire was over 36,000 acres.

What does the CODHSEM link have to do with possible calls to the local fire protection area if there had been a fire at the F ranchette as described by KK? I don't see any connection.

That's the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. The only fires listed on the entire page are:

"Current Disasters/Large Incidents
  • Ryan Fire, Jackson County
  • Silver Creek Fire, Routt County
  • Bull Draw Fire, Montrose County"
Ryan Fire Information - InciWeb the Incident Information System

Ryan Fire (link) was over 28,000 acres.
Silver Creek Fire was over 20,000 acres.
Bull Draw Fire was over 36,000 acres.

What does the CODHSEM link have to do with possible calls to the local fire protection area if there had been a fire at the F ranchette as described by KK? I don't see any connection.
upload_2019-3-20_7-15-0.pngupload_2019-3-20_7-15-0.jpeg

There is a fire ban and burn warning tab that List fire dangers for the entire state. Linked to local agencies! Around the time of the Franch bonfire there were no such warnings!

June, July and August there were many, November not so much.

Or perhaps their was no bonfire and somebody planted the melted plastic and accelerant.....

Maybe the real killer was setting PF up......

Or maybe there wasn't even a plastic tote but rather a bag......

Ranchers and Farmers do burn quite often and many times without permits.

Oh geez a lot to think about

MOEO

Last edited:
I live in West Texas my hubby just calls it cake, but the sack definitely says range cubes. I am Guilty of typing what I hear on a daily basis, forget about the wording police sometimes. In CO with the colder temps I am assuming PF fed range cubes ( cattle cake) every other day if not daily.
I am thinking KB was very familiar with cattle since her parents are retired hay farmers and most likely enjoyed midnight runs to check cattle. KB was the complete package, licensed pilot and a farmers daughter.
Adding : PF really screwed up his life not trying to man up and make a life with a quality young woman. Such a waste to lose KB.
EBM : off subject
I like the term "cake." They act like it is cake. I bet KB has thrown lots of it out over her life. It's a fun thing for kids to ride in the truck bed and throw it out for the cows,

So she could have even gone to the Conoco for that if they were open that night. They may not be a 24 hour store, the ones around here are and they dont close on Thanksgiving anymore.
I'm not sure we have the whole story even about that night!
It "appears" she may have gone home and was called back out to bring him medicine.
Do we know if either home had a landline or only cell phones?

If it was "tum's" what a baby! There are places he could have gone to himself. I'm guessing his mom wouldn't go get them.
Whatever happened to using baking soda for a tummy ache?
Surely "mom" was familiar with that age old remedy!

At any rate, that was a part of his "brilliant plan" to kill KB and get away with it!
PF disgusts me!!!
Moo

I read it was Tums, but now I don't know where. If he was planning to kill her that night, maybe his stomach ache is what caused him to change the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay