CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If PF is convicted, the terms of imprisonment are well established. He will be transported to the Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center – DRDC, 10900 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80239, as all prisoners are for initial orientation and evaluation prior to permanent placement. Inmates convicted of Murder in the First Degree are generally assigned to the Colorado State Penitentiary – CSP, East US Hwy 50 at Evans Blvd, Canon City CO 81215. With his life experience in horse training, no prior criminal record, and lengthy history of volunteering in the Colorado Prison Rodeo program; there is an excellent chance he will be offered a position in the Wild Horse Inmate Program – WHIP which is headquartered conveniently at the Canon City Penitentiary. He will be 55.4 miles from home, so scheduled visits by any members of his family should not be a hardship.
CCi - Wild Horse Inmate Program

All of these things kind of tick me off. He shouldn't be allowed to work around horses, to be able to have a "job" that's pretty close to something he loves, and to be within such close proximity to his friends and family. Now THAT is not "justice" to me.

Has anyone considered that the defense may ask for a continuance BEFORE there is a plea? I have no idea. I’m just saying maybe there is evidence that hasn’t been tested, etc.

And if so, do any of you believe the DA would agree to a continuance? Have my of you that follow a lot of trials ever seen this happen?

Seen it plenty of times. My kids' godfather had a friend and that friend killed a woman and buried her on our friend's farm. He didn't know there was a dead body there until the SWAT team showed up. That was 6 years ago and it JUST went to trial this past February. A continuance, a change of venue...one thing after another after another. That thing hung over our heads forever. It's not uncommon.

This animal should not be allowed near other animals, unless they are of the human variety.

I can’t believe that Colorado allows convicted killers serving life sentences at maximum security facilities, to be anywhere near horses.

The lack of a prior criminal record, is dwarfed by the monstrosity of his actions.

He could have been a Boy Scout or choir boy for all I care. First degree murder is first degree murder, and prior good behavior is wholly irrelevant.

The last thing he deserves is another horse to abuse.
Now if there was ever a reason for a write-in or phone-in campaign, this would be it!

Keep Frazee locked up!

Why should someone who has bashed in his child's mother's head get to participate in training horses?

Mucking stalls, maybe, but I'm actually all for keeping him in the confines of a cell except to shower.

Now if there was ever a reason for a write-in or phone-in campaign, this would be it!

Keep Frazee locked up!

Why should someone who has bashed in his child's mother's head get to participate in training horses?

Mucking stalls, maybe, but I'm actually all for keeping him in the confines of a cell except to shower.

I actually read that as "in the confines of a stall" and I was all on board for that. It made sense in context.

If PF is convicted, the terms of imprisonment are well established. He will be transported to the Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center – DRDC, 10900 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80239, as all prisoners are for initial orientation and evaluation prior to permanent placement. Inmates convicted of Murder in the First Degree are generally assigned to the Colorado State Penitentiary – CSP, East US Hwy 50 at Evans Blvd, Canon City CO 81215. With his life experience in horse training, no prior criminal record, and lengthy history of volunteering in the Colorado Prison Rodeo program; there is an excellent chance he will be offered a position in the Wild Horse Inmate Program – WHIP which is headquartered conveniently at the Canon City Penitentiary. He will be 55.4 miles from home, so scheduled visits by any members of his family should not be a hardship.
CCi - Wild Horse Inmate Program

This program was initiated for Non violent offenders with sentences of 2 yrs or less

I highly doubt PF will qualify

JMO

If PF is convicted, the terms of imprisonment are well established. He will be transported to the Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center – DRDC, 10900 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80239, as all prisoners are for initial orientation and evaluation prior to permanent placement. Inmates convicted of Murder in the First Degree are generally assigned to the Colorado State Penitentiary – CSP, East US Hwy 50 at Evans Blvd, Canon City CO 81215. ...
<rsbm>

Please provide a link to support the above info. Thanks.

Ha! That definitely gives new meaning to the phrase, "safe bet."
Literally nothing to lose with that wager.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of chaps.
I don't have the foggiest what they are either, but they sound horribly uncomfortable.
They probably add 10 pounds, too, so there's that.
I wear snake leggings in the Pasteur! I can throw those in on the bet.

Offenders are chosen for WHIP by a job board made up of three panel members and overseen by the Warden of the Canon Minimum Center. The offender must have a minimum restrictive custody classification score or less and must be within 5 years of their Parole Eligibility Date (PED) to qualify.
» Insight Inside: WHIP – Taking the Reins
Thank you, rootbeer. So, PF wouldn't qualify. In addition to the minimum restrictive custody classification, they use humane, resistance-free training methods. MOO

Offenders are chosen for WHIP by a job board made up of three panel members and overseen by the Warden of the Canon Minimum Center. The offender must have a minimum restrictive custody classification score or less and must be within 5 years of their Parole Eligibility Date (PED) to qualify.
» Insight Inside: WHIP – Taking the Reins
Thanks for posting factual information about WHIP program. It seems very clear that an offender convicted of murder will never qualify-- just by their custody classification alone.

<rsbm>

Please provide a link to support the above info. Thanks.

I'm not the original poster, yet here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

"Upon intake, male offenders are processed through Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center while female offenders are processed through Denver Women’s Correctional Facility. During the intake process, full screenings are completed and an individual’s needs are assessed. "

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

Snipped from article:

After cleaning, Kenney and Frazee went to Nash Ranch to retrieve Berreth’s body, according to Frazee's affidavit. Cell towers pinged all three of their phones near Cripple Creek between 5 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. The affidavit says that they drove the tote carrying Berreth’s body from Nash Ranch back to Frazee’s home in Florissant.

KK went with PF to Nash on 11/24 to retrieve KB's body in the black plastic tote.

The linked article is a really excellent one for anyone that hasn't read it yet.
It provides a pretty detailed timeline of events.

JMO.
KK went to the Nash ranch in the dark on back country roads. Tells me she had been there before or she has a photographic memory. Doubtful about her memory since her mind was more absorbed with the murder she had just gotten involved in.
I also believe we will be hearing a lot more from RS and he will no longer be protecting PF. He put himself in the crosshairs and LE is more than likely biting down hard or even cutting a deal.
You can’t even imagine the number of places bodies can be hidden especially in ranch and mining country.

Thank you, rootbeer. So, PF wouldn't qualify. In addition to the minimum restrictive custody classification, they use humane, resistance-free training methods. MOO
Ha! So whacking a horse with a rasp, probably doesn’t fly.

“How can I train a horse, if I can’t abuse it?”
-PF, probably.

He almost certainly takes the phrase “beating a dead horse,” literally.

If things break his way, perhaps he can catch a glimpse of the horsies from his cell.

I can live with that.

KK went to the Nash ranch in the dark on back country roads. Tells me she had been there before or she has a photographic memory. Doubtful about her memory since her mind was more absorbed with the murder she had just gotten involved in.
I also believe we will be hearing a lot more from RS and he will no longer be protecting PF. He put himself in the crosshairs and LE is more than likely biting down hard or even cutting a deal.
You can’t even imagine the number of places bodies can be hidden especially in ranch and mining country.
She wouldn’t have to remember the route, just the name of the place.

PF was familiar with it, so there’s the chance that she was as well.

Yeah, I can’t wait to hear what that guy has to say.

Am I wrong that I see more than one charge possible for her just in her own admissions? No expert but there are repeated crimes of tampering, obstruction or whatever no?

I truly would like to know, is it all just one event? She admits to stalking at minimum and going to her house, taking coffee, a bat, etc. She covers up at minimum by cleaning. She disposes of evidence just at the condo cleaning. Then she attends an alleged burning of the body. To back up, after getting the body with him at Nash. Then she disposes of at minimum keys, KB's phone, gun to friend, etc. Different days, different events, by her own admission over months at minimum? I am sure more could be brought up here of what she admits to herself...

Or is this all considered one crime only by her by law?

I tried for brevity :)

I think you're right. The first attempts could be conspiracy, on a couple separate occasions. Then yes, other instances of tampering, maybe. Etc.

So yeah, her admissions give rise to various possible counts.

This animal should not be allowed near other animals, unless they are of the human variety.

I can’t believe that Colorado allows convicted killers serving life sentences at maximum security facilities, to be anywhere near horses.

The lack of a prior criminal record, is dwarfed by the monstrosity of his actions.

He could have been a Boy Scout or choir boy for all I care. First degree murder is first degree murder, and prior good behavior is wholly irrelevant.

The last thing he deserves is another horse to abuse.
That despicable creature doesn't deserve to be called an animal. I LOVE animals. Other than that, I completely agree with you :)

I'm not the original poster, yet here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

"Upon intake, male offenders are processed through Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center while female offenders are processed through Denver Women’s Correctional Facility. During the intake process, full screenings are completed and an individual’s needs are assessed. "

I recall from the Watts case that Colorado has 3 level 5 prisons to house it's convicted murderers -- 2 located in Canon City, and the largest located in Sterling, Co.

I don't think anybody cares where inmates are processed, but do care if murderers are granted special WHIP privileges OP cited.

Fortunately it's not true, according to links provided by others.

If convicted, just like CW, I trust PF will also be on 23 hour lock down.

CW had no criminal history either, that doesn't make these guys special. MOO

Last edited:
I recall from the Watts case that Colorado has 3 level 5 prisons to house it's convicted murderers -- 2 located in Canon City, and the largest located in Sterling, Co.

I don't think anybody cares where inmates are processed, but do care if murderers are granted special WHIP privileges OP cited.

Fortunately it's not true, according to links provided by others.

If convicted, just like CW, I trust PF will also be on 23 hour lock down.

CW had no criminal history either, that doesn't make these guys special. MOO

Yes, to the bolded above. The weight given to 'no previous criminal history' counts when you are charged with burglary or a DUI. But if you beat your girlfriend to death with a baseball bat, it really doesn't matter if you have prior crimes or not. It makes no difference at all at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member