CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's obvious he adores his daughter. I feel like he's been kind of using her as a human shield. Maybe that is unfair, but did she really need to go with him to his criminal defense attorney's office? It just feels like he is carrying her around so he either looks like an adoring father or so that reporters will look like really terrible people if they get too aggressive or fire accusatory questions while he is carrying his innocent young daughter.

Yessss! I want to know what his day to day life was like with the baby. Did he see her daily since they didn’t live together and seemed to be sharing visitation time? I feel like she is a convenient prop. He reminds me of the guy who most likely killed his wife at sea and staged a boat accident to cover it up. He barred his baby from being around the maternal family too. What crap is that?

Have any of these ideas been discussed?

A) a disgruntled or obsessed ex flight student?
B) she got offered or paid to fly a private plane somewhere? People buy and sell all the time and need planes moved. And never arrived or it was a fake offer?
C) he’s hush because she got offered a one off gig to do something illicit? And she hasn’t returned obviously, and that’s why he lawyered up.

If they found a body, the ME would’ve been called.

If he drove to Idaho, he would’ve had to stop for gas, possibly twice. Unless he took it with him ala Jodi Arias. But there is a possibility of cameras and credit card receipts at gas stations along the way.

I agree and although we see him carting that baby around, trying to look like the one with the moral high ground, I bet that her mother was buying her food, clothes and baby equipment.
Exactly right! I’m related to a pilot who often had to leave her young children in the care of her spouse while she worked. I think people thought he did a great job, and he did. But absolutely no one would ever say she was not a 100% hands on mom, because she was. It’s not an either/or situation. I don’t see why it would be any different for KB.

Have any of these ideas been discussed?

A) a disgruntled or obsessed ex flight student?
B) she got offered or paid to fly a private plane somewhere? People buy and sell all the time and need planes moved. And never arrived or it was a fake offer?
C) he’s hush because she got offered a one off gig to do something illicit? And she hasn’t returned obviously, and that’s why he lawyered up.
Unlikely. Her phone is key to all of this, as it appears to have been deliberately used to mislead the investigation.

Only someone close to her would have done that.

If this question has been asked and answered I missed it. I don't recall any reports or other info stating that PF has any kind of violent history. No calls for domestic disturbances, no reported domestic violence, no criminal record or anything else that would suggest he is capable of doing any of the things that would have to be done in a worst case scenario here. In past cases, during times like we are in here or after an arrest has been made we usually learn about the deep, dark past of the suspect or the person arrested for commiting the crime. There are certain things that can't be kept from LE or anyone else for that matter. I am trying to get my head around the idea that someone could go from no violent history or tendencies directly to what possibly happened in this situation. Has there been any discussions about this?

As mentioned by others, murderers don't necessarily have a violent past.
Recently, with Chris Watts, there was no violent history reported.
He was reported, to be a 'good quiet guy' and loved his girls!!!!

I have a feeling they found nothing where he lives. My fear is that she may of been disposed of ( forgive the crassness) in Idaho. IF he did something to her it wouldn’t have been in view of his mother if he lives with her. JMHO. My other fear is without him talking, and no body, this crime may go unsolved. I pray that Kelsey turns up somewhere safe, after just temporarily losing it and needing a break. One more thing, the talk of them not living together, that I read here earlier, makes no real sense. It sounds like a way to avoid commitment. When you really want to be together you will find a way. If they did break up perhaps she was sick of him not committing to the relationship entirely. If he truly loved her I believe he would be organizing people to search for her. He’s also withholding the child from the grandmother. Huge red flag!

Wow, that’s a good point. If they had enough to secure a search warrant, you’d think they’d have enough to remove the child from his custody.

I didn’t think about that.
JMO He has a criminal lawyer who works with people who are or may be incarcerated. I bet the lawyer knows all the custody paperwork necessary to assign the child's care and has had PF sign it already. Even if he were convicted of a crime, he would want the baby with his own local family so he could see her. CPS is not going to take the baby and give her to CB unless that was the express written wishes of PF (a lot of posters pages back suggested this).

JMO He has a criminal lawyer who works with people who are or may be incarcerated. I bet the lawyer knows all the custody paperwork necessary to assign the child's care and has had PF sign it already. Even if he were convicted of a crime, he would want the baby with his own local family so he could see her. CPS is not going to take the baby and give her to CB unless that was the express written wishes of PF (a lot of posters pages back suggested this).
There will certainly be a fight in the future, as KB’s family has every right to also have custody of this child.

If they choose to pursue it of course.

One other thought I have wondered if they have talked to his mom? If he lives with her she could have a lot of answers. For instance if he did go to Idaho how long was he gone? Did she notice him gone longer then usual? Why wasn’t KB spending Thanksgiving with him and his family if they were in a relationship? If they really were engaged that would have seemed the thing to do. She is new to the area and the mother of their grandchild. Why wasn’t she at his family home for Thanksgiving dinner?

Are we certain or speculating the ping was to mislead? I’m still catching up.
If foul play is involved, which is becoming exceedingly likely, then those text messages and potentially that ping, could serve only one logical purpose:

To delay and misdirect.

That’s the standard play of only one type of offender, a person who would otherwise be suspected of a crime.

Someone very close to the victim.

One other thought I have wondered if they have talked to his mom? If he lives with her she could have a lot of answers. For instance if he did go to Idaho how long was he gone? Did she notice him gone longer then usual? Why wasn’t KB spending Thanksgiving with him and his family if they were in a relationship? If they really were engaged that would have seemed the thing to do. She is new to the area and the mother of their grandchild. Why wasn’t she at his family home for Thanksgiving dinner?
I don't think mummy will be forthcoming with any info. You do have to ask why a grown man who is a parent is still living with his mummy.

If they found a body, the ME would’ve been called.

If he drove to Idaho, he would’ve had to stop for gas, possibly twice. Unless he took it with him ala Jodi Arias. But there is a possibility of cameras and credit card receipts at gas stations along the way.

I’m curious about that too. For all we know maybe they already have evidence of him traveling to Idaho and that’s what allowed them to get the warrant for the truck and house?

Obviously I understand why it has to be sealed but when it comes out I’m going to be very interested in the probable cause.

There will certainly be a fight in the future, as KB’s family has every right to also have custody of this child.

If they choose to pursue it of course.
Someone posted upthread that Grandparents do not have automatic rights in CO. Found this:

Colorado Grandparent Rights & Visitation

"... a grandparent can petition a Colorado family law court for reasonable grandchild visitation rights in the following situations:
  1. The grandchild's parents have obtained a dissolution, annulment, or legal separation,
  2. The child has been placed into the legal custody of someone other than a parent, or
  3. The child's parent, who is the child of the grandparent seeking visitation, has died.
There is no automatic right to grandparent visitation ..."

I'm not feeling real hopeful they found anything on his property. If he did in fact do something, he may be smart enough to have covered his tracks well. I definitely don't see this guy confessing, with the way he's been so silent so far. IMO he's doing and saying as little possible in order to be "cooperative".

Someone posted upthread that Grandparents do not have automatic rights in CO. Found this:

"... a grandparent can petition a Colorado family law court for reasonable grandchild visitation rights in the following situations:
  1. The grandchild's parents have obtained a dissolution, annulment, or legal separation,
  2. The child has been placed into the legal custody of someone other than a parent, or
  3. The child's parent, who is the child of the grandparent seeking visitation, has died.
The issue is that it appears that he is not voluntarily allowing Kelsey’s grandmother to see her grandchild.

That’s the issue right now, although down the road there may be a fight if he is charged with a crime.

Yes, but there would be grandparents rights to custody if one parent was dead and the other was in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper