CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KB has a long drive back and forth to work, she’s pretty much a single mom with a child to feed and care for when she gets home. I guess that’s why we don’t hear from even one friend who knows her from work. I think it’s so odd that there isn’t even one friend who knew her from school in her childhood. This is truly a baffling case. Something just feels really off here.

Well this country type has three family member who are LE.
I’d say the opposite of the poster that you replied to. I’ve found people in the city less willing to trust LE and people in rural areas in support of cooperating with LE. People in rural areas seem less trusting of “the government” compared to people in the city.

I don't see an obvious motive with a neighbor. The custody motive looms large with the ex fiancé.

But a neighbor? Why all the texts and subterfuge with a neighbor? And if she had that close of a relationship with a neighbor, that they knew who to text and what to say, I'd think LE would find their trial of connections.
Exactly. When a stranger or neighbor type does something like this, they do not create a false trail, because it simply is not necessary.

The only person with a need to misdirect the police is someone close to her. It is a way to direct law enforcement away from a place that they would invariably look.

“Hey, look over there.”

I don't see an obvious motive with a neighbor. The custody motive looms large with the ex fiancé.

But a neighbor? Why all the texts and subterfuge with a neighbor? And if she had that close of a relationship with a neighbor, that they knew who to text and what to say, I'd think LE would find their trial of connections.
Maybe they have but so far aren't sharing that info with us. Just like the grocery store video. I'd like to see more. Wouldn't you?

So ... what have we got?

(1) An empty townhouse
(2) Half eaten cinnamon buns
(3) Two people that folks do not recall seeing together
(4) A beautiful hard working mother that vanished
(5) A ping in Idaho
(6) with a handful of photos and a shopping cart video

Who left us a pinterest riddle to provide frame of mind ... "When someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation"

We do not have a crime, crime scene, body, motive, timeline, evidence ... or even a plausible explanation.

Yet ... we know who is guilty

What did I miss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, every scenario I come up with, doesn't make sense when the FEW facts we know are considered.

1) She left on her own via unknown means, using cash and not leaving a trail:
To basically disappear out of her child's and family's lives and walk off from her job and property?
Has she used any cc or debit cards since leaving?
Does a computer show planning for something like that?
Why everything left even if she wanted to just disappear?

2) She left on her own with a friend and they wrecked somewhere:
No one else is missing a loved one who went through Gooding on the 25th?
She didn't take anything with her for the trip?
No sign of coordinating a sudden getaway trip with a friend unknown to family? Such as texts? Or emails?

3) Someone grabbed her from her home or killed her in the home:
We have seen in the CW's case how he killed Sha'nann, Nico, Bella and CeCe and came out of it with no marks and no sign of a struggle. So I believe this is a likely scenario.

But the Gooding ping messes up all the scenarios.

Is the ping still considered real? TY, got behind today on the threads.

Edited to add the little ones killed by CW. :(

Has anyone encouraged the family to put Kelsey in NAMUS? I was stunned to find she isn't listed.

I thought the same thing! I know the case has gone national, but there's still a chance that KB could have been taken much further than Idaho. I hate to even think like this, but if a body is found somewhere way off the grid, they might not immediately know there's a missing person report.

Here’s the thing... I personally take the opinions of PF/KB relationship with a grain of salt. She moved from her family/hometown to a place where she (as far as it sounds) did not know many people, if anyone at all. It is quite easy for a young woman to become isolated in this scenario, especially when she is busy with a baby & career. She may say/do whatever to keep up appearances and prevent family from worrying about her.

This is strictly my opinion, but I’ve had female friends fall into bad relationships, and I’ve been there. It can creep up and catch you off guard, especially when you’re used to being an independent, strong, “I can handle things on my own” type of young lady. Controlling boyfriends often cut you off from family, friends, activities, etc. They force you to depend on them, and it can be a deep pit to crawl out from. I have no idea if that behavior could be a factor here, but the more a lack of friends/connections seems to be apparent, the more it does give me pause.

So why would they allow the baby to be with him if what they have is strong? Does anyone else find that odd?
I’m assuming there would be a process for this unless they had something so strong that it was considered an emergency. Just suspecting someone of a possible crime isn’t enough to remove their child from their home. Look at the Susan Powell case, look at all they had to go through to get just temporary removal and he was still allowed supervised visits. Sadly, on the very first visit he locked the court appointed supervisor out of the house and killed himself and the two children. Scary

I wish everyone had friends like Shanann.

I hope there are some leads soon. The unknown is the worst because you can’t reach any closure.

I feel bad for KB’s Mom and feel like she might have realized she has been kept in the dark given that it doesn’t seem PF and KB were going strong.

KB’s Mom’s comment on their relationship sounds to me as if KB was preparing her that it might not work out based on PF’s finances.
Yes I agree. IF her parents were not happy she had a baby and was not married then breaking up with him throws that happy little family out the window. At least in mom's eyes.

Legally, they cannot remove the baby unless evidence proves the child’s welfare is at stake.
I get it but if the suspicion is that PF had something to do with her being missing, wouldn’t that be a concern for the baby’s welfare?

I wonder what kinds of things LE will do to put pressure on PF? They are suspicious of him and he has the baby (who can’t be taken away without evidence of being in danger).

Have the police gone over her home with luminal, etc. They checked is place but why not hers. They allowed the mom and brother to go in there obviously because the brother said the only thing missing was her purse and cellphone. That doesn’t sound like a cordoned off crime scene to me.

This will sound stereotypical but Pinterest is mainly used for “pinning/bookmarking” make-up pictures, hairstyles, wedding inspiration, positive quotes, recipes, and house decor. It has been catered to mostly women for these reasons.

Many people are more active on Instagram than Pinterest for similar inspirational reasons along with social reasons. Instagram caters to both men and women.

Most people have a public Pinterest board but a private Instagram account unless they are aiming to become a public Instagram “influencer” (think a Kardashian) and promote brands to their followers.

I tend to agree about Pinterest, there is something about it that appeals to women more. (Albums? Cutouts?). However, I have enough guys among people reposting my pins. And I have mostly girly things. But I would try "border collies" or whatever dogs he raises. There are "border collies pups" and "border collies humor". I think one could find more guys on "humor" boards.

Interesting! Each and everyone one of us can see different scenarios based on a multitude of factors. My feeling at this moment is that KB’s mom was in the loop and she had been in that loop since May. She may not have know all the facts involved, but she knew enough. I see KB’s mom as absolutely stoic in interviews....She’s stifling her truth from the media, probably at LE’s instruction.

@PommyMommy, the mother said at at the moment when her daughter disappeared, and PF had lawyered up. To me, it indicates how little the mom knew. I don't think KB told her parents everything. So knowing that the mom might have been totally misled, she might have thought that things were on the mend, while in effect they could be totally broken. In no way do I blame the mother, we know what we are told by our kids, but I would not take mom's words as the ultimate verity, either.

So ... what have we got?

(1) An empty townhouse
(2) Half eaten cinnamon buns
(3) Two people that folks do not recall seeing together
(4) A beautiful hard working mother that vanished
(5) A ping in Idaho
(6) with a handful of photos and a shopping cart video

We do not have a crime, crime scene, body, motive, timeline, evidence ... or even a plausible explanation.

Yet ... we know who is guilty

What did I miss?
Did she live in a townhouse or was it a stand alone home? I've seen it referred to as both. Half eaten buns or was it buns left after she had eaten one? Not sure where we've had any LE or MSM comment that they weren't ever seen together, or who the "people" are in that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami