CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading yesterday that she has two vehicles. Do we know for sure both vehicles were at her home? I don’t remember seeing that. If both vehicles were home then she left with someone, other then him, taking only her cellphone and purse. That would only fit someone else being involved if he picked the child up leaving her alone. But we have conflicting information that she took the child to him. Two people know the truth. He knows it and you can darn well believe his mother, whom he lives with knows it. I wonder if LE has talked to her? I have often thought, while listening and reading all these crime stories for the past ten years or so, if I knew my kid killed someone would I turn them in. I believe I would. I wonder about those who don’t. What kind of blind love leads you to keep quiet about your child’s involvement in a murder. Just musing here.

it's an actual mortgage company? you or I could get a loan from them? I thought it was set up by them to lend her money, didn't realize it was for any other purpose
Yes, a lender located in WA State since 20015, that you or I could secure a mortgage loan from. And the LLC formation in 2015 was prior to KB moving to Colorado. Isn't it amazing how facts get distorted from thread to thread...:rolleyes:

Agreed. But if she simply removed herself from the equation then why isn't he clearing his name instead of p footing throughout the investigation.
Sometimes telling your significant other you're "removing yourself from the equation" causes them to want to remove you from the equation themselves... :/ IMO

You know... don't think poorly of my father after you read this.

My father met my mother and proposed the first evening they went out. She did not take him seriously at first, but he was unbelievably loyal. They had to wait for a year as they lived in different cities and he did not have the money for a plane ticket. Eventually, they got married and lived together for 41 year. They had a great family. Mom died of leukemia and with me living in another country, it fell on my dad to take full care of her as she was ailing. I can't tell you how loyal he was. Later he told me he never cheated on her, never ever in his life. Honestly, knowing how he helped her during the four years of her slowly dying, history of cheating was the last thing on my mind, but this adds one more dimention to his personality.

But once, he also said, "do you know that during the first year together, I nearly killed her, with the chair?" Knowing my mom, I assume she was pushing and pushing for something (she was very ambitious, my mom). So they were young and did not know each other's emotional limits, he says he felt so cornered that he started crying, and then he grabbed a chair and raised it in the air, and she ran away in haste.

So, in answer how it can happen. Is it an episode of potential DV? Surely. Was my dad prone to DV? Never in life. Not even close. Of them, I think he was the loving one. And yet, it might have happened. Two very good, but highly emotional people, can make a great family, if they really try, although I don't advise two people with high level of expressed emotions to try it. It might not work. Or it might be highly successful (they achieved a lot), but there will be bumps on the road.

I am far from making conclusions about people being abusive or controlling. Truth is, things happen to the least abusive people. It is another thing that my dad would never hide anything and probably would be the first to call whatever was 911 where he lived at that time. One of his main traits is honesty.
I understand what you are saying. I know of 2 instances of friends this happened to. One friend.. his wife was screaming in his face.. wouldn't stop. They were on the street near a curb. He pushed her away she fell.. hit her head & died. He went to prison. The second is a couple that my husband and I are very close to. Same thing.. she was screaming at him .. pushing him. He pushed her back. She fell backwards & hit her head on a metal bucket. Thankfully she didn't die. Impulse happens. Sometimes it ends badly. Sometimes it alters life forever. Sometimes it's stopped in its tracks & never happens again or is ever spoken of again.

www.today.com/today/amp/tdna145086
“The relationship has been good. They’re loving...”
Sorry, I know this has been covered, but where was it said that KB and PF broke up?
Also, what was the cousin insinuating (IMO-seemed insinuating)?
Does anyone know if this young couple has friends? Any friend interviews? Co-workers? Rodeo acquaintances?
I hope it’s ok to ask these questions. I’m fairly new to WS.

But if that happened and her ex fiancé isn’t acting as we would hope/expect, isn’t that difficult to fathom?
Country types don’t necessarily trust LE. So definitely odd (by most city dweller standards) but not necessarily hard to fathom.

I realize it’s a long shot that someone else is involved but, what would constitute probable cause in this case? Is the fact that PF is the last person to see her alive all they need? And if LE has more than that, then WHY is the baby still with him?
The search warrant was based on more than just the fact that PF was the last person to see her. If that were the case, they could have had a warrant much sooner.

"During a press conference Friday, De Young said there were “a number of other things” done up through Thursday night that led to a judge signing off on a search warrant of Frazee’s home."
Authorities search home of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé for 2nd straight day

I wish everyone had friends like Shanann.

I hope there are some leads soon. The unknown is the worst because you can’t reach any closure.

I feel bad for KB’s Mom and feel like she might have realized she has been kept in the dark given that it doesn’t seem PF and KB were going strong.

KB’s Mom’s comment on their relationship sounds to me as if KB was preparing her that it might not work out based on PF’s finances.

The search warrant was based on more than just the fact that PF was the last person to see her. If that were the case, they could have had a warrant much sooner.

"During a press conference Friday, De Young said there were “a number of other things” done up through Thursday night that led to a judge signing off on a search warrant of Frazee’s home."
Authorities search home of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé for 2nd straight day
So why would they allow the baby to be with him if what they have is strong? Does anyone else find that odd?

That makes every much sense as the baby daddy did it! I'm thinking along those same lines. I'm really curious if there are any cameras where Kelsey lived!

Seems to me LE is giving only info to make P the guilty one. Where is all that camera footage?

Maybe she broke up with P because she found somebody else and went off with them for a rendezvous!

Her mother didn't find it troubling when she didn't hear from her daughter. Why would P care what she was doing? She had her weekend then back to work while he watched his daughter. We have no idea if she was a helicopter mom or not really able to keep in touch due to a stressful job!

I might have to eat my words later but remember innocent til proven guilty! This could be our son.

I don't see an obvious motive with a neighbor. The custody motive looms large with the ex fiancé.

But a neighbor? Why all the texts and subterfuge with a neighbor? And if she had that close of a relationship with a neighbor, that they knew who to text and what to say, I'd think LE would find their trail of connections.

Last edited:
@PommyMommy, the mother said at at the moment when her daughter disappeared, and PF had lawyered up. To me, it indicates how little the mom knew. I don't think KB told her parents everything. So knowing that the mom might have been totally misled, she might have thought that things were on the mend, while in effect they could be totally broken. In no way do I blame the mother, we know what we are told by our kids, but I would not take mom's words as the ultimate verity, either.
I understand that and somewhat agree. I just don't see how that assumption is based on what her mother said. Because she said nothing like that.
MOO

So why would they allow the baby to be with him if what they have is strong? Does anyone else find that odd?
Not strange at all. He'd have to be proven to be a danger to his child in order for the child to be removed. Even if he were officially called a person of interest, they'd have to have further cause to remove the child.

It is very very difficult to remove a child, even if there is suspicion of a crime. Look at Josh Powell, and look at the husband of Michelle Parker. And the husband of the chiropractor that was killed. They all had custody of their children, even as warrants for searches were being carried out.

I remember reading yesterday that she has two vehicles. Do we know for sure both vehicles were at her home? I don’t remember seeing that. If both vehicles were home then she left with someone, other then him, taking only her cellphone and purse. That would only fit someone else being involved if he picked the child up leaving her alone. But we have conflicting information that she took the child to him. Two people know the truth. He knows it and you can darn well believe his mother, whom he lives with knows it. I wonder if LE has talked to her? I have often thought, while listening and reading all these crime stories for the past ten years or so, if I knew my kid killed someone would I turn them in. I believe I would. I wonder about those who don’t. What kind of blind love leads you to keep quiet about your child’s involvement in a murder. Just musing here.
In the media thread, there are several reports citing that LE obtained a search warrant for KB's townhome and vehicles parked in their designated spaces (KB does not have garage). There's also been inquiry about KB owning two vehicles, and WS VI confirmed that one is a commuter vehicle as KB's truck was not efficient at 140 mile daily commute to and from Pueblo. KB left her residence allegedly taking only her purse and phone, and nothing determined to be missing.

Those are good points but again, back to the ever so important question: if they have probable cause or reason for such suspicion - then why is in the heck is the baby still with him?

I have 2 thoughts on this. All MOO of course ;)

1 just like they don't have enough to arrest, they don't have enough to take the baby.

2 taking the baby is its own set of circumstances. They have to show harm/danger to the baby. It's not enough to say we know he did it, therefore we know he'll hurt the baby. There has to be something concrete that he's a danger to the baby.

All MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members