CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I separated from my kid's dad when my kid was about 6 months old. It was cordial (still is 16 years later). We worked out our own custody plan prior to the divorce proceedings.

He had our kid-let every weekend and alternating holidays back then. If had text him at the end of his weekend or such: "hey, I'm gonna go ahead and be gone for an extra week before picking up kid-let" he woulda freaked out. He would have thought I was crazy. He would have likely sent a storm a texts asking if I lost my mind and probably called me a few names for leaving my kid for so long, etc.

If I THEN went radio silent on him, he'd have REALLY lost it, he'd call his mom, my mom, you name it.

You don't just sit back and accept the fact the parent to your child has gone AWOL.

MOO

MY OPINION ALSO !!!!

So the only info about a break-up came from PF? And did he say this to the aunt? Or how does she know? When mom did not seem to know? That confuses me. Mom has said they are engaged, present tense, all along, as far as I know, that they have a good relationship.

If not for being on WS for a decade...maybe he would not look quite so suspicious. But he may not be aware of all of the red flags we all see. It is doubtful he followed such cases the way we do, so whether guilty or not, he may not have any idea of how he comes across...jmo

bbm
To not be concerned about the missing mother of your child,even if you dislike them, shows poor character.

Can someone explain why if PF is guilty (accident or otherwise ) and went to effort to buy himself an extra week + by driving to Idaho (or planting phone and programming it to wake up and text in Idaho (so he would have planned coverup) why he would not continue the coverup by at least issuing statements through is lawyer like ‘PF is praying for KB and knows K needs her mother to return safe’ ?

Also none of you know co parents / divorced parents who can’t stand one another... or thinks the other is shady ? are known tYes she is the mother of his child but to suddenly be concerned for someone you o dislike is hypocritical. And everyone in their town may know they did not get along. PF could be risking people coming out and saying his pleas for her are fake he told me last week she was (insert nasty stuff about ex here)

I’d like to hear a bit more from the private pilots and those affiliated within the flight industry that have posted on these threads. Obviously KB’s career interest and passion were within this industry. Could those with flight and career knowledge explain to us, the dollars, time and commitment it takes to receive KB’s credentials thus far as a flight instructor. Could they expand on employment placement and nationally how available these positions are. Also, is flight instructor “end game” for many instructors or are the majority working towards commercial flight status or potentially flying for a private party?

I'm in the process of getting my private license. It's actually not too hard to become a flight instructor; once you have your commercial license and are instrument rated you can apply to be one. Most large airline companies will only hire pilots who have a significant number of flying hours (at least 1500 hours) so many people become a flight instructor because the it's a very easy way to accrue the necessary hours needed to apply to an airline while also getting paid. That's not to say this was KB's plan, but it is something a lot of pilots do.

If you look around on faa.gov you can see all the different requirements.

What about PF? Does he have a Pinterest board?
This will sound stereotypical but Pinterest is mainly used for “pinning/bookmarking” make-up pictures, hairstyles, wedding inspiration, positive quotes, recipes, and house decor. It has been catered to mostly women for these reasons.

Many people are more active on Instagram than Pinterest for similar inspirational reasons along with social reasons. Instagram caters to both men and women.

Most people have a public Pinterest board but a private Instagram account unless they are aiming to become a public Instagram “influencer” (think a Kardashian) and promote brands to their followers.

If KB was living by herself and say there was a legit exchange of the baby, is it possible someone in the complex where she lives is responsible for her disappearance? Did she befriend someone there and that is why her vehicle is still at her residence and she took her purse and phone...maybe it was someone she felt comfortable with and things got weird. Obviously it would have to be someone who would know enough about her life to send those texts.

That makes every much sense as the baby daddy did it! I'm thinking along those same lines. I'm really curious if there are any cameras where Kelsey lived!

Seems to me LE is giving only info to make P the guilty one. Where is all that camera footage?

Maybe she broke up with P because she found somebody else and went off with them for a rendezvous!

Her mother didn't find it troubling when she didn't hear from her daughter. Why would P care what she was doing? She had her weekend then back to work while he watched his daughter. We have no idea if she was a helicopter mom or not really able to keep in touch due to a stressful job!

I might have to eat my words later but remember innocent til proven guilty! This could be our son.

It's quite obvious where most opinions regarding this case are. If we absolutely had to identify a suspect with what little we know I would probably fall into that camp as well. But I wouldn't feel comfortable as there are too many unknowns, mostly we know very, very little about the two principles. If you think about it we know virtually nothing about Kelsey and her life, only the few things her relatives have shared. Likewise we have heard hardly anything from PF. It sure seems after all this time friends, colleagues, past lovers, high school friends, etc. would have come forward to share their thoughts and opinions. I just would like to know a whole lot more of the individuals before I make any kind of a serious suggestion as to what happened. I'm new here but I just would like more info on both of them before I can make any judgement

Last edited:
It depends on the socioeconomic, educational, and cultural factors of the family and community. People get married younger in rural Arkansas than in New York. Princess Meghan Markle was 36, on her second marriage, and that wedding was beautiful.

Based on what’s KB’s Mom said, it seems like KB was focused on her career and was unhappy with PF’s finances. KB’s Mom said they had plans fall through because of PF.
How do you base the assumption that KB was unhappy with PF's finances off of what her mom said? She didn't say anything like that.

Her mother said, “The relationship has been good. They’re loving,” she said. “It hasn’t been ideal, you know, given the economy and things. They had plans that haven’t worked out as they would have liked. But they’ve dealt with that and they’ve made things work regardless.”

I haven't posted on this particular topic, but to me an accident may play out as he became angry at her, shoved her, she trips, falls hits her head..boom. That verses striking her to purposefully, forcefully cause her deadly harm. Moo

You know... don't think poorly of my father after you read this.

My father met my mother and proposed the first evening they went out. She did not take him seriously at first, but he was unbelievably loyal. They had to wait for a year as they lived in different cities and he did not have the money for a plane ticket. Eventually, they got married and lived together for 41 year. They had a great family. Mom died of leukemia and with me living in another country, it fell on my dad to take full care of her as she was ailing. I can't tell you how caring he was. Later he told me he never cheated on her, never ever in his life. Honestly, knowing how he helped her during the four years of her slowly dying, history of cheating was the last thing on my mind, but this adds one more dimension to his personality.

But once, he also said, "do you know that during the first year together, I nearly killed her, with the chair?" Knowing my mom, I assume she was pushing and pushing for something (she was very ambitious, my mom). So they were young and did not know each other's emotional limits, he says he felt so cornered that he started crying, and then he grabbed a chair and raised it in the air, and she ran away in haste.

So, in answer how it can happen. Is it an episode of potential DV? Surely. Was my dad prone to DV? Never in life. Not even close. Of them, I think he was the loving one. And yet, it might have happened. Two very good, but highly emotional people, can make a great family, if they work hard at it, although I don't advise a couple with high level of expressed emotions to try it. It might not work. Or it might be highly successful (my parents both achieved a lot), but there will be bumps on the road.

I am far from making conclusions about people being abusive or controlling. Truth is, things might happen to the least abusive people. It is another thing that my dad would never hide anything and probably would be the first to call whatever was 911 where he lived at that time. One of his main traits is honesty.

Last edited:
I feel similar however, I believe it’s been said here that KB’s Mom said KB and PF broke up around Thanksgiving? We don’t know if this is confirmed.
It was KB's aunt, a verified insider who is said to have posted that here. KB's mother has maintained that they were in a loving relationship and still engaged. So, like you, I'm not sure what to believe on that issue.

It depends on the socioeconomic, educational, and cultural factors of the family and community. People get married younger in rural Arkansas than in New York. Princess Meghan Markle was 36, on her second marriage, and that wedding was beautiful.

Based on what’s KB’s Mom said, it seems like KB was focused on her career and was unhappy with PF’s finances. KB’s Mom said they had plans fall through because of PF.

My sister was 40 and her fiancee 42 when they got married this past summer and it was a huge splash at Jekyll Island. They have a 10yr old daughter. Second marriage for her, but first for him. His family wanted a big fancy wedding and that's what they did. (I was MOH and let me tell you - no one over the age of 50 should be forced to wear a bridesmaid dress lol).

However, KB seems a little more reserved, and in my mind I would envision this to be a small affair. I would still think if they were happily engaged and this was a 1st marriage for both, you would see more pins about dresses, cakes, wedding themes, etc. Again, JMO.

That makes every much sense as the baby daddy did it! I'm thinking along those same lines. I'm really curious if there are any cameras where Kelsey lived!

Seems to me LE is giving only info to make P the guilty one. Where is all that camera footage?

Maybe she broke up with P because she found somebody else and went off with them for a rendezvous!

Her mother didn't find it troubling when she didn't hear from her daughter. Why would P care what she was doing? She had her weekend then back to work while he watched his daughter. We have no idea if she was a helicopter mom or not really able to keep in touch due to a stressful job!

I might have to eat my words later but remember innocent til proven guilty! This could be our son.
Agreed! If she lives in a condo or townhome complex..most have security cameras. I’m with you...where is that footage?

I realize it’s a long shot that someone else is involved but, what would constitute probable cause in this case? Is the fact that PF is the last person t see her alive all they need. And if LE has more than that, then WHY is the baby still with him?

IMO No it would have to be more than just he was the last person to see a missing person. IMO they'd have to have some indication her disappearance is not of her own volition. I can't remember the exact wording, but LE indicated this is their current stance. In addition they'd have to have something pointing to him in particular. Purely as an example not fact: a ping from her phone later in the day on Thanksgiving from his house. That wouldn't fit the time line they were given, and would indicate she was there when she shouldn't have been. This would give them something to take to a judge to get a warrent. Again that example is just an example and not fact or even a rumor, so please don't take it as either. :)

All MOO

It's quite obvious where most opinions regarding this case are. If we absolutely had to identify a suspect with what little we know I would probably fall into that camp as well. But I wouldn't feel comfortable as there are too many unknowns, mostly we know hardly anything about the two principles. If you think about it we know virtually nothing about Kelsey and her life, only the few things her relatives have shared. Likewise we have heard hardly anything from PF. It sure seems after all this time friends, colleagues, past lovers, high school friends, etc. would have come forward to share their thoughts and opinions. I just would like to know a whole lot more of the individuals before I make any kind of a serious suggestion as to what happened. I'm new here but I just would like more info on both of them before I can make any judgement

I wish everybody would not rush to judgement!

If KB was living by herself and say there was a legit exchange of the baby, is it possible someone in the complex where she lives is responsible for her disappearance? Did she befriend someone there and that is why her vehicle is still at her residence and she took her purse and phone...maybe it was someone she felt comfortable with and things got weird. Obviously it would have to be someone who would know enough about her life to send those texts.
But if that happened and her ex fiancé isn’t acting as we would hope/expect, isn’t that difficult to fathom?

I haven't posted on this particular topic, but to me an accident may play out as he became angry at her, shoved her, she trips, falls hits her head..boom. That verses striking her to purposefully, forcefully cause her deadly harm. Moo

Aha! I obviously didn’t break a sweat thinking up possible accident scenarios, for some reason the two possible accidents that poppuled up in my mind were more likely to happen with a child (backing over with a car, accidental drowning).

Yes, I see how something like that would be likely to be covered up. I imagine the legal charge for murder involves intent, Ill have to look it up. I imagine if this were the specific accident that it may be deemed manslaughter instead (if injuries were consistent with a fall), with additional charges added for concealing a crime, abuse of a corpse, or things along those lines. Would seem to me if something like this is the case, he best come clean, the sooner the better.

I really regret having these discussions but I do think poor Kelsey is no longer with us.

How do you base the assumption that KB was unhappy with PF's finances off of what her mom said? She didn't say anything like that.

Her mother said, “The relationship has been good. They’re loving,” she said. “It hasn’t been ideal, you know, given the economy and things. They had plans that haven’t worked out as they would have liked. But they’ve dealt with that and they’ve made things work regardless.”

@PommyMommy, the mother said at at the moment when her daughter disappeared, and PF had lawyered up. To me, it indicates how little the mom knew. I don't think KB told her parents everything. So knowing that the mom might have been totally misled, she might have thought that things were on the mend, while in effect they could be totally broken. In no way do I blame the mother, we know what we are told by our kids, but I would not take mom's words as the ultimate verity, either.

IMO No it would have to be more than just he was the last person to see a missing person. IMO they'd have to have some indication her disappearance is not of her own volition. I can't remember the exact wording, but LE indicated this is their current stance. In addition they'd have to have something pointing to him in particular. Purely as an example not fact: a ping from her phone later in the day on Thanksgiving from his house. That wouldn't fit the time line they were given, and would indicate she was there when she shouldn't have been. This would give them something to take to a judge to get a warrent. Again that example is just an example and not fact or even a rumor, so please don't take it as either. :)

All MOO
Those are good points but again, back to the ever so important question: if they have probable cause or reason for such suspicion - then why is in the heck is the baby still with him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member