CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her brother said "remaining" rolls were left out which makes it sounds like leftovers. JMO, but if I'm making something to bring to a gathering, I don't usually dig into it first.
But some could be put in a Tupperware container to bring and the remainders left behind.

If she was planning on going to a restaurant that day/night I think it was with someone other than PF. Perhaps she didn't want to tell her mom. That also would explain why PF "picked up" the daughter, in a custody share sort of way.....
Why do you suspect it was someone other than PF, just curious? I was thinking maybe he was watching the baby while she was baking Christmas treats or something and then maybe they intended to meet up?

the Today show had someone who knew him on it speak very kindly of him - I posted the link very early this morning

Ann Rule spoke of working with Ted Bundy, "Rule considered Bundy "kind, solicitous, and empathetic".[1] Rule and Bundy developed a close friendship, sharing meals and conversations. Over a decade older than Bundy, Rule later stated that she would have trusted Bundy to care for her young children."

From Wikipedia. The Stranger Beside Me - Wikipedia

Were they 15 months old or younger? Were they so small they were still carried in a car seat?
I've seen from itty bitty babies, 5-6 weeks old, up through school age. Including mobile toddlers. Then during school breaks, the older kids sometimes come along.

Small enough to carry in a car seat is meaningless, and we don't know how big baby K actually is. I don't use the pumpkin seats as my kids don't like them and shriek from a very young age, so I start with the convertible seats that fit newborns. But some pumpkin seats go to 30+ pounds and while the seat is heavy, if you are used to carrying it, they aren't impossible to lift that weight.

How do you know she was never seen at a restaurant that night?

Were you with KB?

What 3 things was she doing that are inconsistent?

<modsnip: rude>

No I was not with KB that night, MSNBC verified it

KBs photo has been posted all over Colorado. If she was at a restaurant that night and neither waiters nor patrons recalled her ... it would be sad.

She is strikingly beautiful, a head Turner... somebody would have noticed

As to the 3 inconsistencies

CB said KB was baking something for later,

that KB would likely eat at a restaurant

That K would be dropped off or picked up ... with PF

Each has one or more inconsistencies with the other

This was the KBs plan, as expressed by CB on CBS.

Last edited by a moderator:

KBs photo has been posted all over Colorado. If she was at a restaurant that night and neither waiters nor patrons recalled her ... it would be sad.

Can you link us to the interview where CB said that KB was baking things for later and that she would likely eat at a restaurant or even that the baby would be dropped off or picked up?

Would Kelsey working 50 hours a week also exclude her from being the primary caregiver? Seems it'd be just as dangerous for the baby to be flying in an airplane all day. (not that she would) Not sure how to interpret your post. tia

K would not have been allowed to fly with KB. When I say primary caregiver, I mean when K was with PF. I apologize my post did not convey that message.

I believe when PF had custody of K, for whatever reason, (which certainly included when KB was flying for work), PF's mother did most of the hands-on care. To make a living, PF had to be out and about, not tied to the house and property.

I guess a lot of people don't know that much about ranching, horses, farriers, cattle brokers, etc. I didn't expect posters to think PF dragged K with him all over western CO and other states for his job. In the west, it is not uncommon to drive hundreds of miles for work. There is not that much population in the Florissant area who have enough horses for PF to sit and make "house call" appointments in the local neighborhood.

Football teams sometimes have to be bussed six hours or more one way just to play a game in their district. People drive four hours or more to go shopping for the day in the biggest city close to them. People in the western US are used to driving for hours, and most of the roads (unless in mountainous areas) are straight and flat. People don't quote how many miles it is from town to town but say how many hours/minutes it takes, and that's usually driving 70-75 mph.

By necessity, PF needed to be out working and networking to make a living. And the area in which he could work wasn't some nice little 15-mile area.

My eldest daughter was a tiny baby, I could carry her in her seat and she still fit in there at 15 months. Maybe the baby fell asleep in the car and she didn’t want to disturb her, I don’t find that bit unusual.

:eek: MSNBC verified you were not with KB that night?!? Are you PF? o_O

Or are you a reporter with MSNBC?

Is the FBI aware of all this info you seem to have about where KB was or was not on Nov 22?

(And I don't see how any of those 3 things are inconsistent <modsnip>)

This article is referring to a gap tat prevented AF legal officers from reporting domestic violence crimes committed by active duty members. Once convicted of domestic violence a person is not allowed to own a gun in accordance with federal law.

The issue with KB’s Employer is whether their background checks for clearances were thorough or not. Completely different issue.

15 month olds?
We don't know if he operated a full-fledged farrier business serving multiple counties 7 days a week. He may have just been "the local guy" you called when you needed serviced and he had more like one farrier job a week, in addition to his other gigs. So we don't know how often this job required child care in my opinion.

My eldest daughter was a tiny baby, I could carry her in her seat and she still fit in there at 15 months. Maybe the baby fell asleep in the car and she didn’t want to disturb her, I don’t find that bit unusual.
Nor do I. And regardless, I don’t understand why it’s a big deal.

What matters is the baby was with her in the grocery store, and obviously still with her mom at that point.

Posters have postulated about searching the immense USDI BLM and USDA FS public lands. Just a few thoughts.

1. Local BLM allowed Christmas tree cuts around Nov 16, and local FS around Nov 26. But those permitted areas are small and any nefarious things would be noticed. The Frazee ranchette had nice looking little pine trees so maybe that’s where she thought they’d go. MOO. But for sure it’s doubtful she was in a permitted area on public land. Obviously, LE has looked up permits by now.

2. Grazing allotments on BLM and FS are tied to large base properties. The Frazee’s 35 acre ranchette is not a large base property, so his cattle and horses were probably fed with hay and silage, along with some grazing on Frazee property. Even though in Florissant it probably takes 35 acres for one cow/calf unit, I doubt PF has any tie to a federal allotment.

3. Anyone who grew up in the area probably knows BLM, FS areas, mines, and water bodies by heart. Many were accessible in late November. A hunter needs to weigh in but I think rifle season was generally over by Nov 22.

However, there are still many recreationists still on federal land. A body laying in the open attracts raptors, corvids, coyotes. If someone was dumping a body it would’ve maybe been noticed by recreationists. A body hastily buried still would have the same issue. A local person would know that and not risk it.

Kelsey could be anywhere. But she’s not on a Christmas tree cut area. Nor is she on any Frazee grazing allotment. And nor is she on the ranchette, as the coroner was not called.

Where is Kelsey? There are so many abandoned mines so I’m wondering if this is sadly going to be a Susan Powell scenario.
I hope this is not going to be another Susan Powell scenario, and I really, really hope that KB left behind a good electronic trail of virtual footprints for LE to follow; cell phone activity, video surveillance, etc. I hope LE knows a lot more than we do and is just playing their cards close to the chest as usual. But I fear that it could be a long while before we get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3