CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but he never once posted on FB that his gf was missing or to help search for her. This guy, if he didn’t do anything, he sure is acting like he did.

I had a girlfriend who broke up and went off with a new boyfriend.

She was expected back that Sunday to feed the horses

She came back a week later

I did not even think about calling the police

This change from "dinner was in the plan" to "a possibility" is perhaps significant. Maybe Mom just doesn't remember exactly what KB said. But, to me "dinner is a possibility" is odd. I would think she would know the plan. To me it more sounds like maybe she didn't have dinner plans, would be home alone, and just didn't want her mom to feel bad for her.

Or maybe KB's mom was advised not to mention PF at all in the press so she kept it vague for those interviews? JMO.

We’re lacking a ton of details here.

The picture we have is a vague one, and certainly leaves open many doors.

The evidence is strong enough to cast suspicion, but it is by no means strong enough to answer the important questions.

It’s not enough to say “he did it.”

Not yet anyways.

But I’m still looking in one direction.

Agreed. I pretty much have the PF package taped up with a pretty bow on top. But that's my problem. I've been on WS since 03 and have learned the hard way that the moment I think it's a done deal, a wrench gets thrown in the works. Something I never saw coming.

So while I have my PF did it theory all nice and tidy, I'm still open to consider any other possibilities.

The cinnamon rolls are significant because they were left out uncovered. This strongly suggests that KB was not planning to be away for long. She would have covered and stored the rolls prior to going out for dinner, IMHO. If she were planning to go on a long-ish trip, say, to Idaho, she would have packed the rolls for a snack. Again, IMHO.

A different perspective on the rolls and why I believe they are not very significant & a little overplayed here.

I personally don’t eat many sweets. I work out & overall eat pretty healthy. Last Fall I did buy a package of those Pilsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls.

I made them after a good training session with my dog in the cold rain. I wanted the house to smell good, I was happy to be dry & warm, but literally only wanted one. The rest sat uncovered on my stove. I no longer cared about them. I would have never packed them for a snack and took them with me if I was leaving.

Now, if you told me she left a prepared meal, like bacon & eggs or a grilled steak out, then I would see the significance.

Did she take her car? Did she have a 15-month-old child? Did she text her boss on a Sunday to say she'd be gone for a week?

Thanks Mom24!! I've only read a little on the Mom approved facebook page and missed that. With so much bad reporting, I've really tried to stick to direct quotes from family and LE.
I hear you, the rumor mill always goes crazy and after a while it's hard to remember what's fact, what's opinion and what's rumor! :)

Hello!

I have never posted on this site before, but have been an avid reader for about a year now. I apologize if I make any mistakes in this first post. I have only been casually following Kelsey’s case so I also apologize if I’m repeating something that’s already been brought up.

It grabbed my attention that she mentioned she was heading to Soap Lake, WA. I live in Moses Lake, WA which is located in the same county. My step sibling’s mother and family live in Soap Lake, WA. IMO her phone pinging in Idaho would not be very unusual if she truly was heading towards eastern Washington from Colorado. Maybe PF wasn’t lying about that. Maybe it was Kelsey who wasn’t being completely honest as to who she was going to visit. That would explain her not actually being at her grandmother’s. Just throwing something out there. MOO

Did she take her car? Did she have a 15-month-old child? Did she text her boss on a Sunday to say she'd be gone for a week?

No ... texted me she was off camping with friends ... she actually drove to CA with the new boyfriend

Left everything where it was.

Sent her boss an email 5 days after she was missing

Did not even make arrangements to feed her dog

Took her purse and sun glasses

Agreed. I pretty much have the PF package taped up with a pretty bow on top. But that's my problem. I've been on WS since 03 and have learned the hard way that the moment I think it's a done deal, a wrench gets thrown in the works. Something I never saw coming.

So while I have my PF did it theory all nice and tidy, I'm still open to consider any other possibilities.
I am open to consider any other possibility that makes sense in context with the few facts that we know. I'm not very open to considering wild theories with a 0.001% chance of holding true. I've tried to think of another reasonable possibility, and so have many here. But I haven't seen one yet.

Hello!

I have never posted on this site before, but have been an avid reader for about a year now. I apologize if I make any mistakes in this first post. I have only been casually following Kelsey’s case so I also apologize if I’m repeating something that’s already been brought up.

It grabbed my attention that she mentioned she was heading to Soap Lake, WA. I live in Moses Lake, WA which is located in the same county. My step sibling’s mother and family live in Soap Lake, WA. IMO her phone pinging in Idaho would not be very unusual if she truly was heading towards eastern Washington from Colorado. Maybe PF wasn’t lying about that. Maybe it was Kelsey who wasn’t being completely honest as to who she was going to visit. That would explain her not actually being at her grandmother’s. Just throwing something out there. MOO

A warm welcome to Websleuths Kris W! Thank you for joining us and for caring about Kelsey’s case.

I think it’s entirely possible that KB and PF broke up. If not that day, sometime recently.

However, KB did not break up with her daughter. As long as they had a child together that one or the other was caring for at any given time, total communication black out for a week or more is not realistic. It’s alarming.

Jmo.

I think this has been touched on before, but for my own clarification I'm going to ask again. Is there any possible way a plane can take off for a destination without logging a flight plan? Is there any way someone could fudge on a flight plan say if they had help from the ground *air traffic control*? I know zero about how this works but common sense tells me planes have to be guided through the air so they don't crash into one another. I'm just wondering if there is some elaborate (or simple) way someone could get around this?

I think, because we have so little to go on, we are making a bigger deal out of the cinnamon rolls Then need be. My guess is she got the recipe for them from her mom, got the stuff she needed to make them at Safeway and made them. I notice my own kids frequently ask me for a recipe on a holiday. The things we had from year to year mean holidays to them and they miss them. Maybe her mom made cinnamon rolls each Thanksgiving Morning and she herself had a craving for them.

I don’t like victimizing of victims. There is not one shread of real evidence she had mental problems. Not one!

I pray they find her, one way or the other! I feel so sad for her family!
I'm sick of cinnamon roll discussion. Where is it getting anyone? We have no clue why she or someone else made them.

Maybe, but as a baker, and looking at her pinterest where there are recipes for from scratch cinnamon buns, she could have made them the real way too!
Again, and whether they were from scratch or from a can, the relevance here is that they show two things:

1. An engaged young woman (not depressed, laying in bed, neglecting herself, her child her life)
2. A woman who left baked goods out on the counter anticipating returning to them in a timely manner to either eat them, freeze them, gift them, dispose of them....whatever of them....but deal with them later. In the future, which she was anticipating participating in!

and finally....possibly....speculatively......

3. If they later become evidence DNA from saliva????

I appreciate that. I try to do the same. :)

<modsnip>

.... statistically, there is absolutely no comparison between the possibility of stranger harm versus harm by someone who is known to the victim. That difference is massive.

Of course same goes for voluntary missing or mistake or wandering due to dementia, or mental illness, etc. The vast number of missing person cases fall under that category of people who left on their own.

What gives me pause here is the behavior of the fiancée and the behavior of LE and the DA. Law enforcement has made it clear they view him as their number one suspect.

They're putting pressure on. And by the time they began executing search warrants they knew EVERYTHING about KB that we don't know: If she has been diagnosed with a mental health issue. If she has been committed before. If she's ever taken off before. If she's been to rehab. Has a history of addiction or instability.

They know that all.

And yet...instead of really pressing the public to search for her and reaching out to her, "Kelsey please contact your loved ones. Your baby misses you..." etc., they're making clear where the focus is and who has a target on their back.

He was the last person to see her. He's acting cagey IMO. Hasn't sat down with LE. Doesn't appear to be allowing grandma to see her grandchild.

If I was a "betting man"...

I'm still open but I'm pretty sure where this will lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
No ... texted me she was off camping with friends ... she actually drove to CA with the new boyfriend

Left everything where it was.

Sent her boss an email 5 days after she was missing

Did not even make arrangements to feed her dog

Took her purse and sun glasses
I am trying not to picture some woman, sitting on a beach in California, wearing nothing but some sunglasses, and holding a purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member