CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I had read that Kelsey did not have an active, close relationship with her mom. Will have to go back and see what led me to think that. Had Kelsey's mom ever seen the child?

Just mentioned this because of so many messages on here mentioning Kelsey's contact with her mom. Don't mean to offend anyone.

Last edited:
Thought I had read that Kelsey did not have an active, close relationship with her mom. Will have to go back and see what led me to think that. Had Kelsey's mom ever seen the child?
I think that that was someone's speculation. She spoke to her mother twice on Thanksgiving morning and we don't know if she has ever seen the child, but we have no reason to believe that she hadn't.

I have been thinking about this and I don't know if it would have to be someone that knew her well like that. It could be that her phone gave the clues needed to know who to text and who would miss her first. Maybe she had a nickname for PF on her phone? She could have had her bosses number under "work". My kids have goofy names on their phones for me... one is "birth giver". Looking at the texting history, might give someone the clues to know if that other person would be missed. Maybe she didn't text much with her mom, so no text was sent to her. Looking at my own phone, someone could easily see who I text every day and who I don't.

She probably does talk to her mom fairly frequently or talk with her on FB. Both of those things could be seen on the phone as well as the text history.

Take note that KRDO News link previously shared on WS posts is reporting a timeline that is NOT consistent with that given by the Woodland Park Police Department. More specifically, reports that CB contacted LE on 11/25, and that's when LE performed a welfare check at her residence, and realized she was gone, are disputed by Police Chief DeYoung live press conference statement where Woodland Park police state they performed a welfare check, and opened a missing persons report on Dec 2, 2018 after contact from CB.

These are the words straight from the horses mouth if you will. Not picking on KRDO as there have been many misreported accounts regarding KB missing. LE reports always overrule.

See YouTube at about 2:00 for Police Chief's timeline.

LE performed a "community caretakers search" on Dec. 2. That means they entered the home without the owner's permission and without a search warrant. Far different than a welfare check, which is just a knock on the front door.

I'm confident the professional reporters covering this case know the difference in the LE terms and used them appropriately. JMO

ITA. That is exactly what I think happened. She probably was freaking out already, but telling herself she should trust him, that her daughter is a grown up, she's probably fine, etc., but the whole time she is wrestling with doubt and fear.

I agree.

If she was told certain things when first trying to locate her then at that point in time she had absolutely no reason not to believe what she was being told. She surely would not want to think anything bad happened to her because it sounds like she had no reason up till now to even suspect anything bad could happen. Its only as time went on with no contact that she would begin to really start to worry and question things a lot more.

I could really see how a delay could happen in this case before an official missing person report was filed.

Surprised to see how many people don't clear their text threads out.

I don't think anyone would know who is who if they got my phone (other than "Mom" and "Dad"). I constantly delete text threads.

Me, too. And everyone is listed by their name or business name, not "Mom" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass