CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
More from the #PatrickFrazee murder trial, day 3:
-Defense notes lack of blk tote in surveillance video of #KelseyBerreth's door
-Frazee's brother details Thanksgiving with him
-Investigator notes significance of positioning of blk tote in Frazee’s truck
http://bit.ly/2PP19Mo
EIot4oYW4AYfikH.jpg

1:33 PM - 5 Nov 2019

SF took the 5th during a pre-trial session. I don't see her doing anything less if called to the witness stand during the trial. She will not want to speak against her child.
She may have to answer some questions. I can't see her taking the fifth on every question.
They can always offer her immunity, can't they?

Allison Sylte on Twitter
I'm working on a long write-up about minute-by-minute details we heard in court today. In the interim, I thought I'd do something a little different and share what we've learned about the victim: #KelseyBerreth. #9NEWS
EIoewkAWsAABfGq.png

12:26 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Allison Sylte on Twitter
She grew up on a farm in Washington, and moved to Colorado for love. She worked as a flight instructor at Doss Aviation in Pueblo.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Here are some nice words her boss said about her: “She received plenty of accolades and positive reinforcements from students who just loved to fly with her.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
I know this has come up multiple times because of other evidence during the trial, but it's worth mentioning that it seems like #KelseyBerreth loved Starbucks.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Here's a pretty cute quote about that from her mom: “Kelsey liked coffee. She liked caramel macchiatos, that was the diet drink, and when it was in season, pumpkin spice lattes.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Even more than coffee though, everyone agreed she loved her daughter, who is about 2 years old. Here's what Kelsey's mom said: “[Her daughter] is … Kelsey’s life. Her world revolved around [her daughter]. She was a great mom.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
More than anything, I'm learning that #KelseyBerreth was a regular person -- a lot like my friends. Here's a quote from her mom that sums that up fairly well: “She needed a good night sleep, she needed to spend her time with God and she needed to go running,”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Remembering the victim during these trials is important. I put together a short preview with some tidbits about Kelsey, since inevitably, a lot of the trial coverage will focus on the suspect.
Who was Kelsey Berreth? Portrait of mom, pilot and daughter emerges at trial
It's really great to hear some normal, positive things about the true VICTIM here which is Kelsey!

Allison Sylte on Twitter
I'm working on a long write-up about minute-by-minute details we heard in court today. In the interim, I thought I'd do something a little different and share what we've learned about the victim: #KelseyBerreth. #9NEWS
EIoewkAWsAABfGq.png

Allison Sylte on Twitter
She grew up on a farm in Washington, and moved to Colorado for love. She worked as a flight instructor at Doss Aviation in Pueblo.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Here are some nice words her boss said about her: “She received plenty of accolades and positive reinforcements from students who just loved to fly with her.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
I know this has come up multiple times because of other evidence during the trial, but it's worth mentioning that it seems like #KelseyBerreth loved Starbucks.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Here's a pretty cute quote about that from her mom: “Kelsey liked coffee. She liked caramel macchiatos, that was the diet drink, and when it was in season, pumpkin spice lattes.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Even more than coffee though, everyone agreed she loved her daughter, who is about 2 years old. Here's what Kelsey's mom said: “[Her daughter] is … Kelsey’s life. Her world revolved around [her daughter]. She was a great mom.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
More than anything, I'm learning that #KelseyBerreth was a regular person -- a lot like my friends. Here's a quote from her mom that sums that up fairly well: “She needed a good night sleep, she needed to spend her time with God and she needed to go running,”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Remembering the victim during these trials is important. I put together a short preview with some tidbits about Kelsey, since inevitably, a lot of the trial coverage will focus on the suspect.

Heart-wrenching !!! My heart just breaks for KBs family.

Pumpkin spice latte, my daughter's favorite, too.

Tears, so may tears...

Jmho...

RECAP - TWEETS FROM THE LUNCH BREAK

740 KVOR on Twitter
Day 3 of the Patrick Frazee trial. The court heard from a forensic expert with the D.A. Surveillance footage shows Frazee at Berreth’s door carrying an unidentified object. The defense argues the shadows may distort the perception of the images.
11:46 AM - 5 Nov 2019

Vicente Arenas on Twitter
Colorado Springs Police officer brother of murder suspect Patrick Frazee testifies in the death case of #kelseyberreth. Described advising Frazee to hand over his cell phone in a fast food restaurant parking lot. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
12:02 PM - 5 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Lance Benzel on Twitter
UPDATE: #PatrickFrazee arrived late and missed T-day dinner at mother’s house, arriving about 5 p.m., says his brother, Colorado Springs police officer Sean Frazee. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette
12:04 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
This matches up with window from surveillance at #KelseyBerreth’s condo, which allegedly spotted him 11 times between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. that day. Takes 20-30 minutes to get from Woodland Park to mom’s Florissant ranch #PatrickFrazee
12:06 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
At the family home, Sean Frazee describes a nice evening with his kids and brother’s toddler. “He brought Kaylee in and we played with her and got to enjoy #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
12:07 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Says #PatrickFrazee told him before #KelseyBerreth was reported missing that they were separated. “Our discussion was sometime before that. ... He just said that they had not been together for a while.” @csgazette
12:07 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Sean Frazee also acknowledged ongoing dispute among him, his sister Erin Frazee and #PatrickFrazee over late father’s estate worth $400k, including Mom’s house. In successfully warding off objection by defense, DA Dan May says “financial pressures” are part of case #KelseyBerreth
12:09 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Another significant witness was DA investigator Stephanie Courtney, who walked jury thru surveillance vids from 4 locations showing #PatrickFrazee together with baby and #KelseyBerreth before they arrive at Berreth’s place together about 1:30 p.m.
12:12 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
A camera at Williams Log Home Furniture spotted #PatrickFrazee again at 4:36 p.m., driving away from #KelseyBerreth’s condo — with the black box in bed of pickup reoriented from how it was four hours earlier. @csgazette
12:14 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Out on a lunch break. We just heard Sean Frazee, #PatrickFrazee older brother testify against him. Catch up on the case with me over on @KKTV11News Facebook for a live conversation about what's happened so far. So you in about 10 minutes! #KelseyBerreth
12:13 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee's big brother, Sean, takes the stand. Explains Thanksgiving Day 2018, even though the family ate at 3 pm, Patrick didn't show up until 5 with the baby. He also told Patrick to give up his phone when confronted by a cop on 12/4. Sean is a Colo Springs cop. @abc
12:17 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Defense has a good day with the neighbor surveillance camera footage pointing out that it does no show #patrickFrazee removing a black plastic container from #KelseyBerreth's condo, only a baby. Lots of talk about that box and how it changes places in Frazee's truck cab. @abc
12:17 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Sean Frazee, Patrick’s brother, took the stand next. He says the Frazee kids (him, Patrick, Erin) have had an ongoing legal battle for their late father’s assets. He says they’re worth around $400k.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:21 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sean says he hadn’t been close with Patrick in 2-3 years. On Thanksgiving, Sean says Patrick came to dinner about two hours late and parked on the side of the house. Sean says he spent half the time outside doing chores. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:22 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sean was with Patrick at a Colorado Springs Five Guys in Dec. 4, when police came to meet for a welfare check on the child. They asked to take Patrick’s phone. Sean says Patrick looked right at him, so Sean (a Colorado Springs police officer) asked for a warrant #KelseyBerreth
12:23 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The police said they didn’t have one, but that they would get one. Sean says he told Patrick to give it up and he did. On his way out, I saw Sean give Patrick a strong look, then turn his head and roll his eyes. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:24 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
We’ve also heard from another DA’s office investigator. She used surveillance to track Frazee’s whereabouts on Nov. 22. It shows the black tote in the back of his truck was moved between noon and 4:30 p.m. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
Prosecution spent a lot of time today talking about surveillance images of #KelseyBerreth and Patrick Frazee on 11/22/18. Especially midday, when Kelsey was last seen shopping at Safeway in Woodland Park, & images of Berreth & Frazee at Berreth’s door w/ their daughter.#9News
12:24 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sean Frazee, Patrick’s brother, testified today. He said Patrick was late to Thanksgiving dinner at their mother’s home on 11/22/18. Said they spent time together that evening, playing with Patrick’s daughter. Said Patrick stepped outside for a time to do chores.
#9News
12:25 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Remember, prosecutors say he put Berreth’s body in that tote after beating her to death with a baseball bat. That’s all that stood out to me so far. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:27 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Allison Sylte on Twitter
EIoewkAWsAABfGq.png

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Allison Sylte on Twitter

Sean Frazee testified he barely knew Kelsey Berreth while Kelsey and Patrick were in a relationship. Said he and his brother weren’t particularly close in recent years. Said the Frazee siblings had some issues with each other regarding their late father’s estate
#9News
12:27 PM - 5 Nov 2019

(1) Sean Frazee said he was w/ Patrick, after Kelsey was reported missing, at 5 Guys when police approached Patrick and asked for his phone. Sean, a CO Springs Police Officer, asked if they had a warrant. Sean testified the officers did not, but said they would get one.
#9News
12:29 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Who was #KelseyBerreth ? Here are a few things we learned from her family and co-worker this week:
https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/kelsey-berreth-murder-case/who-was-missing-colorado-mom-kelsey-berreth/73-6ae10e08-6ddf-4e9b-8af8-1cff96f52183 …
#9News
12:34 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He has the child with him quite a bit, but you can’t tell if he’s coming or going based on the photos
12:42 PM - 5 Nov 2019
(In reply to the question: ...at what point does he bring The child out with him? Is the child inside the whole time and only appears when he leaves?)

Police believe #PatrickFrazee hid #kelseyberreth ‘s body inside after they say he killed her. Frazee’s sister is in the courtroom. His mom is outside perhaps waiting to testify. @abc
12:44 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She’s only caught on surveillance at Safeway, on the Williams Furniture Store camera driving back to her home and then once at her door with Patrick. That’s all in the noon hour
(In reply to: Curious how many times Kelsey was on the surveillance camera on that day.)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Nope. Not sure on sentencing yet — but definitely no recording for trial
(In reply to: Are they recording at all for after the trial? Will there be a way to watch jt after sentencing? I know no live reporting just curious about after.)

Lance Benzel on Twitter
A major point I haven’t put on Twitter : at no point is #PatrickFrazee seen with the black tote at #KelseyBerreth’s door. Investigator suggested camera didn’t always activate. Also, there’s a slotted fence partially blocking view. @csgazette
12:49 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Prosecutors have been working to establish a timeline of where Patrick Frazee was on Thanksgiving 2018 and what he was doing. We've gone through a lot of surveillance footage today that show him at #KelseyBerreth house a little after noon and then again around 4 p.m.
12:51 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Last known image of #KelseyBerreth was taken by neighbor's surveillance cams. Shows her, Frazee and their young daughter gathered in the doorway of her condo.
12:52 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Patrick Frazee’s brother Sean Frazee taking the stand. He says his brother was late for Thanksgiving dinner and didn’t see him until 5. He says he wasn’t close to him. There’s also an ongoing family dispute between Frazee children over family assets
12:58 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
More from the #PatrickFrazee murder trial, day 3:
-Defense notes lack of blk tote in surveillance video of #KelseyBerreth's door
-Frazee's brother details Thanksgiving with him
-Investigator notes significance of positioning of blk tote in Frazee’s truck
http://bit.ly/2PP19Mo
EIot4oYW4AYfikH.jpg

1:33 PM - 5 Nov 2019

Where is @GordianKnot?

I think we did all note that Ma F was divorced from him, and she didn't appear to have any stake in the estate.

Oh dear, where will Ma go if they throw her out?

Perhaps a cot and a hot would be best for her too?
I doubt she even needs the money. She probably has her own money from working and then there's social security.
I doubt she would have been able to afford to keep the ranch anyway.

Imo

Just started following this case but am catching up. I do wonder why PF's mistress would even consider killing his fiance before backing out. But mainly why in the world would she clean up that disgusting crime scene for him? I'm at a loss to understand that. If PF could kill her, I would think he could clean up his own mess. Did she want PF so badly that she would do anything for him to include helping him kill the mother of his child? I'm not sure what to think about her.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Sorry to interrupt the flow ...

Please note: Websleuths does not condone or promote violence of any kind. Posts advocating violence have been and will be removed. Members who violate this policy will face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

The tote changed positions. PF is 2 hours late for Thanksgiving. PF parks at the side of the house, and spends Half the time outside.

Oh, she was in that tote alright. I was always wondering why he wasn’t worried about a family member seeing it. Turns out he WAS.

But was he worried about ANY of the family members seeing it, or just one or two?

She may have to answer some questions. I can't see her taking the fifth on every question.
They can always offer her immunity, can't they?

I don't believe that she can legally pick and choose what questions to answer or take the fifth. It's either answer every question or plead the fifth on each question. IIRC JMO

Sorry I don't follow....how does a measly $400K
estate- which would be $133,000 each heir-
cause him to want to kill his baby mama?
I don't get it, but you can explain it if you want.
I'm missing the missing links. ;)
I don't know about the estate tax law in Colorado, but some states take half, who knows what the federal people take. I think there may be others (brothers, etc) who could make a claim. It is interesting as to how much farms/ranches are worth. Around here most ranches are worth many millions. One tractor is worth 100,000$.

I doubt she even needs the money. She probably has her own money from working and then there's social security.
I doubt she would have been able to afford to keep the ranch anyway.

Imo

I believe the issue is even more simple. Dispute with decedent's estate that includes SF is probably connected to the acreage, and not SF's home. She's not the rancher -- that's PF. I doubt she cares about anything more than her private residence.

MOO

I've always thought it was custody and control, not paying child support was just a bonus. IMO

$100K is not really that measly.

Ok, I’ll try to explain MOO

PF is all about what is HIS. The ranch and that estate money (no matter the amount), was HIS.

IMO I think KB wanted to get married, he didn’t. I also think that from what we have heard their relationship was somewhat rocky at times. I don’t know if KB ever mentioned moving away with the baby, but there is a good chance PF thought it could happen, regardless.

KB was NOT taking the baby away from him, she was HIS. If KB took the baby, she would want custody and he would have to pay support with HIS money.

Also, his sister was trying to possibly get him removed from getting his share of the estate money (again IMO as her attorney asked KB for dirt on him). In his mind what if he made KB mad and she gave EF dirt on him, he would lose HIS money. Can’t let that happen. I’d almost bet KB told him she did not want to get involved in the family dispute. But he could not trust her.

I think the timing of his dad’s estate proceedings (Sept 2018) and his alleged first solicitation are tied together.

Again, all IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member