CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone elderly who has been hospitalized for 11 days in 2015, then Rehab for 2.5 weeks, I do not want released/paroled felons to be responsible for my nursing care. They can take a medical history...write on paper/computer...but do not touch me or administer meds/care, Etc.

Yep. Totally agree.

The phone call was part of SF's testimony. He said PF told him Doss had contacted him.
COBRA is a federal law. It works the same for everyone and Doss was required, by law, to notify PF because he was the child's legal parent.

During that call, Patrick also said he’d received a call from Doss Aviation about canceling Kaylee’s health insurance because Berreth hadn’t been working enough.

JMO

Frazee trial: Defense questions timeline of surveillance photos
SF hasn't testified yet. ???

Thank you for the link. That's what I've been looking for. :) So, my question remains, did anyone from Doss confirm that statement by PF? MOO

ETA: N/M "SF hasn't testified yet", I figured out that you meant SF2.

I don't remember a thing about insurance in that phone call though. Do you have a link for the phone call? Here's what was discussed at the preliminary hearing:

Slater said Doss Aviation’s HR Director Jennifer Banks told him that she talked with Frazee after Berreth’s disappearance. Slater said Banks told him that Frazee said Berreth dropped their daughter off and said she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore.

HR director: Jennifer Banks. Banks told CBI her conversation with Frazee happened on Dec. 3. Frazee told her Kelsey dropped the baby off, said she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore.

Frazee also reportedly told Banks that Kelsey had drug & alcohol problems. Banks found that odd as no one she worked with pointed that out. Banks thought her fatigue derived from being a mom.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Nothing about Baby K's insurance. Definitely nothing about COBRA. This is why I'm questioning PF's account of the phone call. I haven't seen his version corroborated by anyone from Doss Aviation. Have you? MOO

Thanks @PommyMommy for filling in the hole why this was being discussed in tonight's recap.

We already know PF is a liar liar pants on fire, so what we can put good money on is that baby K is being well cared for now, and I'm sure she'll never have disrupted healthcare insurance ever again.

I don't remember a thing about insurance in that phone call though. Do you have a link for the phone call? Here's what was discussed at the preliminary hearing:

Slater said Doss Aviation’s HR Director Jennifer Banks told him that she talked with Frazee after Berreth’s disappearance. Slater said Banks told him that Frazee said Berreth dropped their daughter off and said she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore.

HR director: Jennifer Banks. Banks told CBI her conversation with Frazee happened on Dec. 3. Frazee told her Kelsey dropped the baby off, said she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore.

Frazee also reportedly told Banks that Kelsey had drug & alcohol problems. Banks found that odd as no one she worked with pointed that out. Banks thought her fatigue derived from being a mom.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Nothing about Baby K's insurance. Definitely nothing about COBRA. This is why I'm questioning PF's account of the phone call. I haven't seen his version corroborated by anyone from Doss Aviation. Have you? MOO

Also, my husband carries our insurance through his job. They won't even speak to me about his insurance benefits, and we are legally married, and I am a beneficiary.

The insurance company and the employer will only speak to the primary person on the account, if there are important changes etc. So I find it hard to believe they would call PF about her insurance benefits.

I believe they would call and/or email her, not him. JMO

Another thing that's weird, is that insurance from job benefits usually expand for 6 months or so, after one quits or is laid off.

It is hard for me to believe that the child's benefits would be cut off so quickly, after KB stopped working. They are usually accrued from the previous quarter.

So I am going to call BS on PF's story.

Last edited:
He hasn't been convicted. But he has been charged with 8 felonious counts, including 1st degree murder, been held without bond, and the initial hearings released a tremendous amount of damning evidence.

He is closer to becoming convicted of murder, than anyone else I can think of.
I remember reading the same thing when Casey Anthony and Skylar Richardson were on trial.

JMO

That's what I was thinking too.

But the cadaver dogs never hit on anything in the condo. If a battered body was in there for several hours, I'd think the dogs would have picked up on it, no matter how many scented candles there were.

It worried me that the last question the jurors asked was about why the dogs didn't hit inside the house.
We all know that the dogs miss things from time to time.

Blaze Bernstein case- how many searches with dogs did they do, from several search teams- they walked right past where he was barely buried, and none of them picked up his scent. I'll never forget that case, because the area that he was buried in- people were walking through that park once it was opened again to the public, not knowing they were walking past poor Blaze's body! It was a school video, taken at night, that gave LE what appeared to be a suspicious situation to which they saw a flash light moving around. They went back to that spot, and found Blaze.

So, dogs are just tools in my opinion- great tools, but they do miss from time to time.

Nobody with any convictions related to a violent crime should be allowed any near the medical profession.

Has her license been yanked?

No, unfortunately.

She has an "unencumbered" license (see definition below), and her license expires 08/31/2021.

UNENCUMBERED means that the nurse has a full and unrestricted license to practice by the state board of nursing.

Above data provided by:

Nursys®

The rage of bashing someone in the head with a baseball bat shows there was more involved than just the financial element though it's clear that was important.

I'm not one who believes (unlike the Watts case) that unrequited love for KK played a part. She was used.....stupid.....mean.....but not passionately loved by Patrick. MOO
I just think he wanted to be rid of the both of them. I also think he wanted to frame Krystal for this, but it backfired on him. I think we will hear a lot more about this in the coming days.

I do believe he was stressed out over money, but I don't believe it was the sole motive. I think he was just sick and tired of both women. Fool that Krystal was, she, too, probably thought she was going to get her happy ending with Patrick, like Kelsey thought. Only Krystal knew how her happy ending was to come- she had to either kill Kelsey herself, or come all the way from Idaho to clean up his mess.

That rage he had? That was anger, because Krystal just couldn't do the murder part, even though she attempted three times. He was angry at the both of them, and poor Kelsey suffered for the both of them.

Also, my husband carries our insurance through his job. They won't even speak to me about his insurance benefits, and we are legally married, and I am a beneficiary.

The insurance company and the employer will only speak to the primary person on the account, if there are important changes etc. So I find it hard to believe they would call PF about her insurance benefits.

The insurance company had a duty to notify the parents of the minor child. COBRA isn't about life insurance, it is about medical insurance. There are no beneficiaries in medical insurance.

In 2018, when our DD aged out (26) of my husband's employee policy, he was sent a COBRA packet in the mail at our home address a month in advance of her 26th birthday. We continued paying out-of-pocket for DD's COBRA health insurance until she delivered twins three months later. Explanations of benefits were mailed to our home, not her home. The payments weren't made to my husband's health insurance company, they were paid to the COBRA administrator, a company in Minneapolis and they were expensive because the premium included the share his employer previously paid.

JMO

Another thing that's weird, is that insurance from job benefits usually expand for 6 months or so, after one quits or is laid off.

It is hard for me to believe that the child's benefits would be cut off so quickly, after KB stopped working. They are usually accrued from the previous quarter.

So I am going to call BS on PF's story.

I can't imagine that Kelsey's employment would be terminated through a phone call with her boyfriend.

That has illegal written all over it!

No, unfortunately.

She has an "unencumbered" license (see definition below), and her license expires 08/31/2021.

Above data provided by:

Nursys®

WOW. What a bunch of BS. That freak lurked around Kelsey's condo to kill her and then destroys evidence of a murder. What does it take to get her license revoked?

We all know that the dogs miss things from time to time.

Blaze Bernstein case- how many searches with dogs did they do, from several search teams- they walked right past where he was barely buried, and none of them picked up his scent. I'll never forget that case, because the area that he was buried in- people were walking through that park once it was opened again to the public, not knowing they were walking past poor Blaze's body! It was a school video, taken at night, that gave LE what appeared to be a suspicious situation to which they saw a flash light moving around. They went back to that spot, and found Blaze.

So, dogs are just tools in my opinion- great tools, but they do miss from time to time.

Yes, dogs are tools but they were not the only tools used in KB's condo. We have yet to hear if the chemicals LE used to detect cleaned up blood alerted to a high amount of blood residue anywhere outside of the bathroom.

JMO

The insurance company had a duty to notify the parents of the minor child. COBRA isn't about life insurance, it is about medical insurance. There are no beneficiaries in medical insurance.

In 2018, when our DD aged out (26) of my husband's employee policy, he was sent a COBRA packet in the mail at our home address a month in advance of her 26th birthday. We continued paying out-of-pocket for DD's COBRA health insurance until she delivered twins three months later. Explanations of benefits were mailed to our home, not her home. The payments weren't made to my husband's health insurance company, they were paid to the COBRA administrator, a company in Minneapolis and they were expensive because the premium included the share his employer previously paid.

JMO
Right. The Cobra insurance info was sent to your husband's address---as he was the primary insured, through his job.

The Cobra info would have gone to Kelsey's address and to her phone number.

And I don't think the insurance would have ended so abruptly. It usually has a 6 month buffer after someone leaves their job. Why would the insurance be stopped just weeks after she quit working?

I don't believe this lying liars story about that call.

I can't imagine that Kelsey's employment would be terminated through a phone call with her boyfriend.

That has illegal written all over it!
It wasn't employment, it was health insurance for the dependent being terminated and you are right, it would also require written confirmation. Was that confirmation and how to enroll in COBRA received? I bet it was.

JMO

Yes, dogs are tools but they were not the only tools used in KB's condo. We have yet to hear if the chemicals LE used to detect cleaned up blood alerted to a high amount of blood residue anywhere outside of the bathroom.

JMO
The prosecution is about to do us one better than merely tell us what the chemicals said.

They’re going to tell us whose blood that is.

In their opening statement, the prosecution described blood under cushions, under floorboards, and on the fireplace.

They also mentioned a baby gate.

They didn’t tell the jury these things just to turn around and embarrass themselves by saying “it isn’t blood,” or “it isn’t Kelsey’s blood.”

It’s going to be Kelsey’s, and it’s going to be yet another nail in his coffin.

Nobody with any convictions related to a violent crime should be allowed any near the medical profession.

Has her license been yanked?

WOW. What a bunch of BS. That freak lurked around Kelsey's condo to kill her and then destroys evidence of a murder. What does it take to get her license revoked?

I'm hoping after sentencing she will lose that license?
Can't imagine she's currently employed as a nurse. Think we'd have heard all about it. I imagine she's been in complete hideout.

JMO

This has been talked about more than once. All the floor boards in her living room were ripped up and found to have blood. Her fire place had blood on it, an outlet or two, and also the couch cushion.

Edit to add: baby gate as well. thanks @MassGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member