CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hospital staff heard the abuse to KB and to them.
Not only did KB suffer verbal abuse and now murder, I believe she was physically abused thru out the relationship. I wonder if KK was abused (physically) by PF too. I also believe she was most certainly the next on his hit list. jmo.

It will be interesting to see if this gets brought into the trial via a witness.

Yeah. Who's going to hire a nurse who not only cleaned up a murder scene,but stole drugs from to the hospital she worked at,and disposed of murder items at said hospital.
MOO.

There's no evidence she stole any drugs. Yes, on disposing of destroyed evidence there, though, and, at least for me, that's a serious crime.

If her license is not revoked, she probably could get work, again. Let's hope it doesn't go that way. I know if I were hospital staff and she showed up, I'd refuse to work with her.

She said so when she got the drugs to the poison coffee. She also admitted to dumping items from the murder at the Hospital. Can't imagine what the liability insurance to cover her as an employee would be,but I doubt it would cheap.
MOO

I don't think she actually said she stole the medication.
I thought PF asked her to get it because she was a nurse and had access to it.

I think she said she got rid of the burned evidence on the way to the hospital. At one time I thought it was said she threw out evidence at the hospital, or took the phone there, but I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed.

Imo

She stated she did not poison the coffee. She has not stated whether or not she obtained the drugs. IMO, she was bragging to PF that she could obtain them but never actually did as it isn't that easy to do. Unless she had a personal RX, I don't think she ever had RX drugs to poison the coffee.

Well I usually am a lurker but.....I am a nurse in California. I work with someone who lost her nursing license even though she was never convicted of ANYTHING. Testimony and court documents where she described her part in an awful situation was used to say her behavior does not align with the nursing board ethics. She has a BSN, but not an RN license for last ten years. In California, the BRN does as they see appropriate. Her ex husband served time for her testifying against him.

Exactly. The BON will be notified. The BON will act before KK has any chance to not renew/surrender/etc. MOO, of course. Thanks for sharing this!

Well I usually am a lurker but.....I am a nurse in California. I work with someone who lost her nursing license even though she was never convicted of ANYTHING. Testimony and court documents where she described her part in an awful situation was used to say her behavior does not align with the nursing board ethics. She has a BSN, but not an RN license for last ten years. In California, the BRN does as they see appropriate. Her ex husband served time for her testifying against him.
When I was researching it months ago, I read that when applying for the license, one should reveal to the board any criminal record they may have, and then it's up to them to decide whether to renew it or grant it.
I think it also varies depending on the state.
It probably also depends on the crime and whether or not it's a felony or misdemeanor.
But I didn't get the impression that having a criminal record automatically prevents you from getting a license.
Even with the license, the employer may not want to hire someone with a record.
Especially when it involves a murder, I would think.

Imo

It will be interesting to see if this gets brought into the trial via a witness.

She stated she did not poison the coffee. She has not stated whether or not she obtained the drugs. IMO, she was bragging to PF that she could obtain them but never actually did as it isn't that easy to do. Unless she had a personal RX, I don't think she ever had RX drugs to poison the coffee.
Still I don't think any healthcare facility will take that lightly.
MOO

Thx for the insight. Many of us wonder.

https://adminrules.idaho.gov/rules/2011/23/0101.pdf
Moral Turpitude

I believe anyone can file a complaint with the nursing board.

04. Offense Involving Moral Turpitude. An offense involving moral turpitude shall mean, but need not be limited to, an act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties which a man owes to his fellow man, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man.

That should cover it.

Last edited:
I think this video is from just as the trial started. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it has been reported that CC has been in the courtroom watching the trial, so he is aware of evidence that has been presented so far...if he will admit to believing it or not is a different story.

@GoJacks did you see him there?

Yup, been there every time I was there, him and his wife.

Good point. Yeah, I guess that’s probably correct. If SF can’t be in that courtroom because she’s a potential witness, that would apply to CC as well.
Ok, that answers my question, I guess.
Maybe they don't even need him but I would think if he is still supporting PF the defense would want him as a witness.

But then again, even if he were a character witness in defense of PF I doubt that would be much good.

Maybe the prosecution doesn't need him because CPS will be able to give plenty of examples of how he lied and set up Kelsey to look like an unfit parent.
Who wouldn't believe them? Probably nobody.

Imo

Ok, that answers my question, I guess.
Maybe they don't even need him but I would think if he is still supporting PF the defense would want him as a witness.

But then again, even if he were a character witness in defense of PF I doubt that would be much good.

Maybe the prosecution doesn't need him because CPS will be able to give plenty of examples of how he lied and set up Kelsey to look like an unfit parent.
Who wouldn't believe them? Probably nobody.

Imo
If the defense calls him, the prosecution would nail PF on cross. They would have CC recount what PF told him, which was nothing but lies.

So I don’t see him being called.

If the defense calls him, the prosecution would nail PF on cross. They would have CC recount what PF told him, which was nothing but lies.

So I don’t see him being called.
Yeah, they probably don't need him at all.

They have the witness from CPS and probably more who can testify to the lies he told.

Maybe KK's testimony will be enough, considering it will be backed up by CPS documents and what he told CB and LE, as well.

Imo

If I watch the thread but don't want email notifications, where do I find the last read post on this site? I always have a hell of a time finding my way back to where I was if I close the tab.
Artis and others. . . :)
When you click on "watch thread" you'll see that receiving email notifications is an option. I never "tick" that box. Clicking "watch thread" is a handy way to stay current on every thread you follow. It even works across devices. So, you can pick up where you left off on your phone/computer/etc. When you return to a "watched thread" just click on the "Go to First Unread" button that will appear along the top of the page. NOTE: you may need to turn your phone sideways (landscape mode) to see that button on some phones. I know I do. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444