CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

He said he remembered Frazee telling him that he, Berreth and Kaylee went to Nash Ranch the day before Thanksgiving — Nov. 21 — and then returned to Frazee’s ranch. Berreth had indicated that night that she wanted to get an apartment closer to her work in Pueblo, Slagle said. As they drove to the Frazee ranch that evening, Frazee stopped the car and threw up near the Florissant post office, Slagle said. Berreth went to the Woodland Park Walmart to buy medication for Frazee for an upset stomach and diarrhea, Slagle said.

Frazee trial: Arson analyst, Frazee friend testify
Yes I caught that too.
So he is saying there wEnt two of them out till 3 am it was the three of them.

Hmmmm......

The first that I have heard that the two chairs that blood spatter that KK missed were holding up the tv as a stand. Pointing towards that the blood must have come from below in a bludgeoning impact MOO when she was lower than the seat level of the chairs. I had thought that the chairs were in the kitchen. This shows that she wasn't still on the couch when this happened MOO, nor in a chair, she was on the floor and the spatter came from below.

FTLOG......

According to KK, PF asked if there were any marks/dents on the floor, from the bat. That indicated, to me, that Kelsey was knocked to the floor and he beating her while she was down.

Such ghastly mental images.

I'd love to see if Patrick ever received a paycheck of any kind and if he ever filed tax returns.

He seemed to save receipts but I wonder if Ma F used those for deductions on the franch income.

Wanna' bet the $700 child support was a check from Ma F to Kelsey which Ma would gladly pay to keep BabyK close by.

I find it hard to believe Patrick had any great love for the baby or truly wanted to raise her. MOO
I think he saw the baby as his property. He wasn't about to let any body else control or tell him what to do with her, including Kelsey.

Imo

Wha??????????
I'm not sure if it surprises me or not. I know that it angers me to no end.

He's flirting with this one the day before he killed Kelsey, yet spent time with Kelsey all night until the early morning hours at was it Nash ranch? She went and got him medicine for his stomach, too. So he flirts with the new woman, kills the mother of his child, and calls his sidekick to clean up his mess- so he could probably wine and dine the newest woman in his life.

Well, when KB got pregnant a second time, PF couldn't very well claim he didn't know how it happened, that she lied and said she was sterile or using birth control so she could trick him into getting her pregnant.

Although he did lie and claim the first he knew she was pregnant the second time was when she called him to go to the hospital to give birth. He clearly continued to have unprotected sex with her after the miscarriage, so even if they were apart during her second pregnancy, he can't pretend he didn't know how it happened.

Whatever was going on in PF's imagination, I think we can be pretty sure that KB wasn't having sex with him unless she thought they were still in an exclusive relationship with a future.
This testimony of what PF said about KB is infuriating and nothing more than gaslighting. Translation -- everything disparaging PF said about KB actually applied to himself and not KB. No redemption in this man. MOO

Bet KK feels like a bigger fool than before.

Just great.
KK was not important to PF, and she now realizes, she has ruined her life because of her actions.
What an idiot?
Was it just lust, great sex, her craving for more, from this pathetic moron.

Imagine conversations with him.
Both PF and KK are total idiots.

Posted this in the media thread. Apologies if this has been posted - most comprehensive recap I have seen of the day.. so many interesting points in it, I just highlighted one part.

She testified that she found out Frazee had a daughter when she walked by his truck and saw Kaylee inside when she was about 4 months old. She testified that Frazee told her he had a relationship with the girl’s mother but didn’t learn she was pregnant until she had the baby – something the court had previously heard during the trial.

Luce said Frazee said his daughter’s mother did not want to be a mother so he wuld have to be the only parent moving forward, she testified, and that the conversation happened sometime in the spring of 2018. She described Frazee as being the happiest she had seen him but said Frazee never mentioned Berreth by name.

Luce said Slater, the CBI agent, called her in January 2019 about the conversation. She said she recounted telling him Frazee had been vague during the discussion and that she told him about what Frazee had said about Berreth not wanting to be a mother. She testified she remembered Frazee paying an attorney to try and get custody of the child, and told that to Slater as well.

Luce told the court that Frazee went to her house on Dec. 20, and that she felt concerned for him and asked how he was doing. She testified that Frazee told her some details about the search of his property that had occurred days earlier and said he felt some of what the investigators did to his property “seemed a little mean and unnecessary.”

Luce told the court that sometime between August and October 2019, Frazee told her he wanted to raise his daughter with someone else. Later, she testified, Frazee told her: “I wanted her (Berreth) to help with medical expenses before. Now I just want her gone.”

BBM: I feel like we read something similar on this board months back.

From this article:

Stiegerwald cross-examined Slagle and started off by asking about the surveillance video showing him picking up the package at Berreth’s front door. Stiegerwald said it wasn’t clear in the video that he was picking up a package.

***IMO the defense did themselves no favor here pointing out that they couldn’t make out what he picked up. Maybe because he had to bend down? Maybe that’s why PF showed sooo many times in just a short period of time? Bending down to pull the tote out of the door? Up (pic) down and pull, back up (pic) etc.

Also this:

both of the defense attorneys said they felt sick Tuesday.

***Wonder why?

Prosecutors told the judge they were ahead of schedule and needed to work on getting witnesses to Cripple Creek days before they expected to originally testify.

***I really hope it’s forensics!

Posted this in the media thread. Apologies if this has been posted - most comprehensive recap I have seen of the day.. so many interesting points in it, I just highlighted one part.

She testified that she found out Frazee had a daughter when she walked by his truck and saw Kaylee inside when she was about 4 months old. She testified that Frazee told her he had a relationship with the girl’s mother but didn’t learn she was pregnant until she had the baby – something the court had previously heard during the trial.

Luce said Frazee said his daughter’s mother did not want to be a mother so he wuld have to be the only parent moving forward, she testified, and that the conversation happened sometime in the spring of 2018. She described Frazee as being the happiest she had seen him but said Frazee never mentioned Berreth by name.

Luce said Slater, the CBI agent, called her in January 2019 about the conversation. She said she recounted telling him Frazee had been vague during the discussion and that she told him about what Frazee had said about Berreth not wanting to be a mother. She testified she remembered Frazee paying an attorney to try and get custody of the child, and told that to Slater as well.

Luce told the court that Frazee went to her house on Dec. 20, and that she felt concerned for him and asked how he was doing. She testified that Frazee told her some details about the search of his property that had occurred days earlier and said he felt some of what the investigators did to his property “seemed a little mean and unnecessary.”

Luce told the court that sometime between August and October 2019, Frazee told her he wanted to raise his daughter with someone else. Later, she testified, Frazee told her: “I wanted her (Berreth) to help with medical expenses before. Now I just want her gone.”

BBM: I feel like we read something similar on this board months back.

From this article:

Stiegerwald cross-examined Slagle and started off by asking about the surveillance video showing him picking up the package at Berreth’s front door. Stiegerwald said it wasn’t clear in the video that he was picking up a package.

***IMO the defense did themselves no favor here pointing out that they couldn’t make out what he picked up. Maybe because he had to bend down? Maybe that’s why PF showed sooo many times in just a short period of time? Bending down to pull the tote out of the door? Up (pic) down and pull, back up (pic) etc.

Also this:

both of the defense attorneys said they felt sick Tuesday.

***Wonder why?

Yes, I'm sure, but I was referring specifically to dental records. You had mentioned that they could identify the tooth through Kelsey's dental records.
I'm not familiar with how they do that with a partial tooth so I just wondered how they could tell. That was my question.

IIRC, most dental record identifications are made based on the positioning of teeth rather than from individual teeth.

I would expect LE was:
A. Able to determine it is a human tooth and
B. Perhaps ground it down and identified Kelsey's DNA

I believe just (A) would be enough to bolster the case since KK said she threw a tooth in the bag and the bag went into the fire.

Last edited:
I think KK did reveal why PF made the plan to kill Kelsey, through her testimony.
He told her Kelsey was abusing the baby and was an unfit mother.
He claimed that "an innocent's" life was in danger and something had to be done about it.
He told several others a similar story, and was actively taking steps to file for custody of the child.
When he realized that was never going to work, he decided he had to get rid of the problem.

Imo
She also testified she didn't believe the abuse story, because she babysat Baby K,and didn't see signs of abuse.

Well, when KB got pregnant a second time, PF couldn't very well claim he didn't know how it happened, that she lied and said she was sterile or using birth control so she could trick him into getting her pregnant.

Although he did lie and claim the first he knew she was pregnant the second time was when she called him to go to the hospital to give birth. He clearly continued to have unprotected sex with her after the miscarriage, so even if they were apart during her second pregnancy, he can't pretend he didn't know how it happened.

Whatever was going on in PF's imagination, I think we can be pretty sure that KB wasn't having sex with him unless she thought they were still in an exclusive relationship with a future.
I wonder what he had to say about the first pregnancy with KB, since he apparently told KK he did not want to have a baby when she was pregnant.

Interesting.

He said he remembered Frazee telling him that he, Berreth and Kaylee went to Nash Ranch the day before Thanksgiving — Nov. 21 — and then returned to Frazee’s ranch. Berreth had indicated that night that she wanted to get an apartment closer to her work in Pueblo, Slagle said. As they drove to the Frazee ranch that evening, Frazee stopped the car and threw up near the Florissant post office, Slagle said. Berreth went to the Woodland Park Walmart to buy medication for Frazee for an upset stomach and diarrhea, Slagle said.

BBM

The plot thickens. (No gross pun intended.)

Last edited:
She also testified she didn't believe the abuse story, because she babysat Baby K,and didn't see signs of abuse.
Yes, I was replying to the reason PF gave for wanting Kelsey dead. He led everyone to believe she was abusive and told KK that the baby's life was at stake. His story of abuse was just an excuse, and unfounded.

Imo

Can you imagine if his next woman decided to cut ties with him or got his disapproval?!
This guy is beyond dangerous....if he didn't/doesn't get convicted, of course.
It makes me wonder if this fool has done this before, but then I think about all the comments he made about poor Kelsey and think, nah, he can't keep his mouth shut.

Then again, as @MassGuy said, she had a permanent bond with Kelsey- their daughter. I just bet Krystal is probably now grateful that he didn't want her child, or it might have been her in that tote instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member