CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JakobRodgers
"Sorry, I'm really tired and stressed out. Call me in the morning when you guys wake up," #KelseyBerreth's message read, according to testimony.
"Sure I don't mind, what's going on? Are you OK? Do you need anything or can I do anything?" #PatrickFrazee replied.

@JakobRodgers
"No I'm fine, just worn out. Talk to you guys tomorrow," the message from #KelseyBerreth's phone said.
"OK, if you do, please let me know," went #PatrickFrazee's reply, according to testimony.
He wanted that place cleaned up so it look like nothing happened there. He was setting this up but she flew away drove away and killed herself

I’m hoping the prosecution has a visual with all of the dates and times of the text messages along side a chart of where PF and KB’s phones pinged to match up that they were side by side or together while the texts were occurring, well except for when the phone pinged in Idaho.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
That’s really about it for now. Waiting on another witness, we’re in recess until 1 p.m.

11:04 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Defense pointed out Frazee didn’t seem mad at Berreth from texts late in the evening of Nov. 21 and into Nov. 22, though someone testified previously he was upset that Berreth took awhile to get him medicine. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:03 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Prosecutors also had Slater run through several tests from the phones of Frazee, Kenney, Kelsey Berreth and Cheryl Berreth, reading them aloud in court. We’ve seen most of the texts in search warrants before. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:02 AM - 14 Nov 2019

CBI Agent Gregg Slater retook the stand. He says he doesn’t know where this investigation would be without Krystal Kenney’s cooperation. Defense points out she only talked after signing a plea deal. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:01 AM - 14 Nov 2019

@JakobRodgers
#PatrickFrazee's attorney began the day by honing in on many items found inside of #KelseyBerreth's townhouse that did not test positive for blood. They included candles and a floor vent.​

@JakobRodgers
Also, #PatrickFrazee's public defender, Adam Steigerwald, focused on the fact that there was no human blood, or even human DNA, found on the haystack in the red barn where Frazee is accused of stashing #KelseyBerreth's body.

@JakobRodgers
Finally... a DNA analyst testified that no blood was found on three wooden bats recovered by investigators. Previous testimony indicated that three wooden bats were found in #PatrickFrazee's Florissant ranch.

So many times over the past few days I have written out a post regarding the defense, or should I say, the lack of it....only to delete it because I just couldn't put my thoughts to paper (post), properly.

The defense can take all the time in the world they want/need in their closing arguments. Considering they rarely cross examined... let alone brutally, which we all thought they would do with KK....and then never provided their own witnesses or even a case, etc... I don't see anything that can come from the defense that can back themselves up. It makes me wonder if this case was over before it even started. And the DA's office was just going through the motions as required. My heart goes out to the DA's office and their staff for at least fulfilling their willingness and commitment to our justice system.

Nope -- J Moore asked to see the photo and PF never produced it (alleged it was on his home computer).
I guess if PF had it to do all over again, he would have stocked Kelsey's refrigerator with liquor bottles and had the trash can full of empties after the murder to back up his statement about her drinking.

Jakob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Finally... a DNA analyst testified that no blood was found on three wooden bats recovered by investigators. Previous testimony indicated that three wooden bats were found in #PatrickFrazee's Florissant ranch. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:09 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Also, #PatrickFrazee's public defender, Adam Steigerwald, focused on the fact that there was no human blood, or even human DNA, found on the haystack in the red barn where Frazee is accused of stashing #KelseyBerreth's body. @csgazette

11:07 AM - 14 Nov 2019

#PatrickFrazee's attorney began the day by honing in on many items found inside of #KelseyBerreth's townhouse that did not test positive for blood. They included candles and a floor vent. @csgazette

11:07 AM - 14 Nov 2019

A couple final notes on this morning's testimony from #PatrickFrazee's trial:

11:04 AM - 14 Nov 2019

@JakobRodgers
Phones for #PatrickFrazee and #KelseyBerreth exchanged a few more texts the next day, Nov. 24, 2018, one of them alluding to plans for a phone call.

@JakobRodgers
Later that day, a text from #PatrickFrazee's phone to #KelseyBerreth's phone read:
"If this is truly what you want, I'll respect your wishes and give you space. Let me know if you change your mind. I'll leave you alone."

@JakobRodgers
The next day, Nov. 25th, 2018, was the last time the two texted, with the aforementioned text about #KelseyBerreth's question on if #PatrickFrazee loved her.
I know we've heard and discussed these texts before....but oh barf! It's abundantly clear how phony this communication was in comparison to what we've learned.

@SamKraemerTV
Defense pointed out Frazee didn’t seem mad at Berreth from texts late in the evening of Nov. 21 and into Nov. 22, though someone testified previously he was upset that Berreth took awhile to get him medicine.
I PF had an anger issue with meds. Did not know it was cause he was Angry with her for taking too long.
Jerk!

BBM, Wait... didn’t someone previously say he didn’t try to contact KB, he was giving her “space”?

Jeez, This guy....
Yes, but that was his explanation as to why he didn't call her after the 25th.

He thought he was clever to make it look like she wanted some time to herself in the text messages, but it's obvious the messages were only sent during the time either he or KK had her phone in their possession.
Once KK took the phone to Idaho and destroyed it, there were no more attempts.

Imo

It sickens me to even think this animal could be found not guilty, but I am praying very hard that the Berreth's have some kind of contingency plan in place in case that happens.

I hope that sweet little one isn't in Colorado right now.

Please tell me I'm being overly pessimistic about the outcome of this case.

I will step up LOL. You are being overly pessimistic. But it's natural to worry.
Don't worry, Dan May and team have GOT THIS!

I can not agree to the word neatly.
MOO the defense has done a poor job.
In light of the mountain of evidence the prosecution has and all of the lies PF has told to everyone he knew, I can't imagine what more the defense can do. They don't have a serial killer on the loose, or a satanic cult in a white van. They are between a rock and a hard place. It seems they are going with poking holes in the evidence. PF has cooked his own goose. And I'm fresh out of metaphors. MOO

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Nothing too crazy happening so far today in #PatrickFrazee trial. We’ve heard a lot of reiteration is things we heard before from investigators who testified earlier in the trial. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth

10:54 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
CBI agent Gregg Slater was on the stand. He’s testified before. He spoke about an in-depth look at texts between #PatrickFrazee and #KelseyBerreth. As well as Patrick and #KrystalLee. Just a rundown of same text conversations that were released in court documents. @KKTV11News

10:56 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Does anyone else sometimes read certain reporters information, and
think they are slanted towards the defense in a strange way?

And that perhaps their big news network has some type of deal to get an after-the-fact story so they are being more kind to them?

I've always found the gun part intriguing.

Did PF want KK to get her finger prints on it, to frame her, along with his wanting her to take Kelsey's body back to Idaho (to which KK refused)?

I love how she said she didn't want to tell her family, friends and co-workers what she did, so they wouldn't get into trouble, yet she gave Kelsey's gun to a high school friend, who she eventually outed to LE, lol.
She also told MS all about it beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazasmurf