CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard that, I was so very worried because there was so much to go over in the closing statement. But I have read that yesterday, they had an expert come in and do the entire timeline so it did not have commanded closing statements. That made me feel so better!

This very detailed timeline really impressed me ... Sam described it as being on large poster board so the jury will have it right in front of them during deliberations.

If CB is able to be in the courtroom for closing arguments, I think it would be good for the jury to see both KB's mom and dad in that courtroom before they head back for their deliberations.

JMO.

And wonder, where is his family support, is the only one I know for sure has never been there since. And his mother has never been in court either. His sister, meh.

Interesting...prosecution only requested 30 mins for closing
I actually really, really like that.

"Brevity is the source of wit," to quote my man, William Shakespeare.

Or, to quote one of my favorite philosophers, Blaise Pascal,
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter."

It sounds like the prosecution's closing argument has been well-honed.
This is going to be a dramatic, impactful speech.

Too bad we're not going to hear it, thanks to you-know-who and his you-know-what.

Again, thank you, Judge Scott Sells.
7066.gif

JMO.

And wonder, where is his family support, is the only one I know for sure has never been there since. And his mother has never been in court either. His sister, meh.
I think at this point his whole family is hiding their head in shame.
The court may see a rush on locals changing their last names to FRAHZIE or some such.

On another note than SF, why would there be blood on the ceiling of the bathroom if murder seemed to occur in living room from evidence found? I really hate to think how drawn out her death may have been.
I'm curious about that, too. Did he drag her into the bathroom to finish the job or were his clothes so soaked in blood that drops flew off when he pulled his shirt off?

Was Sam's live typed out tonight? I've looked and didn't see it. I had to miss it tonight and it's way too late to listen to it.
I'm sorry - I did not do the live type out last night. Had Sam's video on in the background, but wasn't able to be at the computer and type. I will do my best tonight.

He mentioned the last six months prior to KB's disappearance, she initiated all contact with PF. He infrequently responded. To me, this parallels with the time JM said PF stated " no body, no crime ". Also is about the timeframe KB moved into her townhouse. He sounds like a typical narc discarding his empathic significant other. Wonder what he saw, at that point, that made him realize that she was of no use to him? I sometimes wonder if he initially thought she came from a wealthy family? JMO
One of the main points Sam mentioned regarding PF's text patterns was that PF almost NEVER initiated texts to KB and often didn't even respond to texts she sent him. Until -- after she disappeared. Then suddenly he is initiating texts left and right to her phone, responding quickly, sweet, "Do you need anything? Just let me know," and being all responsive and interactive. Sam was saying when investigators look at texts, they aren't just analyzing the content, but also the patterns of communication, writing style, who often initiated, etc. And major flags with how he was basically an inattentive, non-responsive, non-affectionate arse (my take) to suddenly this back and forth nice rapport. (As the phones sit right next to each other. Which one expert testified you typically wouldn't call each other when you are sitting in the same room.)

Last edited:
This very detailed timeline really impressed me ... Sam described it as being on large poster board so the jury will have it right in front of them during deliberations.

Moo, if that was a demonstrative exhibit, the jury will never see it.

They needed to take notes at the time.

It's not part of evidence m o o.

We just saw such and another case we recently followed about the Dan Markel case in Tallahassee. They wanted something that was shown, but it was not evidence, it was just shown to aid.

That said, I am sure that jurors took notes on such. At least one! M o o

That said, I wish prosecutors could say in court that when they are showing something oh, it will not be going back to the jury as it is not evidence and they need to take better notes. But I don't think that's allowed or I would think that is doing more often. M o o

DA May did to PF what PF did to Kelsey in real life. He separated him from all of those who could support him. They were almost all on the witness list so could not be there in court for him, especially mama. Brilliant move.

We miss you!
Aw, TY. So glad to be here today. I've missed everyone here as well. :)
Interesting...prosecution only requested 30 mins for closing
I'm not really surprised. This is as close to a slam dunk as I've ever seen. This prosecuting team has been masterful. MOO

I actually really, really like that.

"Brevity is the source of wit," to quote my man, William Shakespeare.

Or, to quote one of my favorite philosophers, Blaise Pascal,
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter."

It sounds like the prosecution's closing argument has been well-honed.
This is going to be a dramatic, impactful speech.

Too bad we're not going to hear it, thanks to you-know-who and his you-know-what.

Again, thank you, Judge Scott Sells.
7066.gif

JMO.

BBM

The trial is not streamed live.

But is the trial being captured on video, and might we see closing arguments at a later time?

Last edited:
Moo, if that was a demonstrative exhibit, the jury will never see it.

They needed to take notes at the time.

It's not part of evidence m o o.

We just saw such and another case we recently followed about the Dan Markel case in Tallahassee. They wanted something that was shown, but it was not evidence, it was just shown to aid.

That said, I am sure that jurors took notes on such. At least one! M o o

That said, I wish prosecutors could say in court that when they are showing something oh, it will not be going back to the jury as it is not evidence and they need to take better notes. But I don't think that's allowed or I would think that is doing more often. M o o
It sounded like the jury would be able to see it during deliberation. Sam described it as a digital file, but one that was basically blown up on large poster boards.

Since this case has become high profile, he may end up going out of state for his on safety. Wouldn't want someone to bash him in the head out in the prison yard.

Just like Patterson and Watts. Whisked away in the middle of the night to another state. Their names and locations don't show up on Vinelink. It's like they just vanished as it should be IMO. Unfortunately they both keep popping up in the news and the state they're in. (Most recently Patterson for getting into fights.)

VINELink

I certainly hope Dan May gets to motive. Something up his sleeve. I know it's been asked a million times, but whatever happened to divorce/separation/coparenting (I know, there was no marriage but there was paternal right) in these cases. PF could've stopped KB from taking the baby to her home state (leaving the state with the child to live elsewhere is not allowed in colorado unless the other parent agrees to it). PF could've survived child support payments. PF could've been sowing his endless seed anywhere he wanted to. WHY the murder? $$$? Psychosis just isn't enough for me. Here we go, kids. Hang on. Justice is coming no matter the motive. I hope.

I'm curious about that, too. Did he drag her into the bathroom to finish the job or were his clothes so soaked in blood that drops flew off when he pulled his shirt off?
I wonder too.
Also did a "Blood Splatter Expert" ever testify here?
Was there a story of her killing that hasn't been
discussed yet and could that expert be the last one scheduled to graphically explain her final minutes.
That would possibly be one to upset the defense and thus the arguments to the judge.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member