CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOV 15 - MORNING RECAP

Jessica Barreto on Twitter
Previewing Day 10 of the #PatrickFrazee murder trial while @SamKraemerTV gets some rest to prepare for another busy day inside the courtroom. Judge says closing arguments will likely happen today.
Join me on @KOAA at 6/6:30 am for a recap on Day 9, and what we’re expecting today.
EJajqDhUcAEFjWg.jpg

5:48 AM - 15 Nov 2019 from Teller County Courthouse

Carol McKinley on Twitter
The judge is calling a mysterious closed hearing this morning to rule on whether to admit evidence in the #PatrickFrazee trial. Look for 1 or 2 final prosecution witnesses before defense gets its turn. Army of new reporters has joined us @ABC
7:04 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Frazee trial day 11: we can expect closing statements to start this afternoon. From what we heard the prosecution may have a couple of witnesses left. #PatrickFrazee will also decide if he’s going to testify today. I’ll keep you updated. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth
7:18 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
Good morning from Cripple Creek. We’re expecting the prosecution and defense to rest today. Closing statements could come this afternoon. #PatrickFrazee is on trial and accused of killing his fiancée #KelseyBerreth last Thanksgiving.
7:32 AM - 15 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Good morning, everyone. I'm in Cripple Creek this morning for day 10 of testimony in the trial of #PatrickFrazee, who is accused of beating his fiancee, #KelseyBerreth, to death and trying to cover it up the killing. csgazette

7:35 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lots on tap for today. First up, prosecutors are expected to call a couple more witnesses, and wrap up their case against #PatrickFrazee after testimony from scores of witnesses. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
7:36 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
But there's a wild card today: A ruling expected this morning on whether the judge will allow certain new evidence. Exactly what that could be, I'm not sure -- the judge closed the courtroom yesterday during arguments.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
7:37 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Also today, #PatrickFrazee's defense team might get its first chance to call its own witnesses. So far, Frazee's public defenders have focused their attention on cross examination trying to discredit star witness Krystal Lee, who was Frazee's mistress. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
7:38 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
And finally, Fourth Judicial District Judge Scott Sells said yesterday he was "cautiously optimistic" that closing arguments could be heard in the case this afternoon. If so, delibrations are expected to begin immediately afterward.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
7:38 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Still getting caught up? Here's a look at testimony from Thursday, when testimony focused on cell phone records and messages between #PatrickFrazee and #KelseyBerreth that prosecutors say point to a cover-up. gazette.com/news/patrick-frazee-trial-phone-messages-show-coverup-after-kelsey-berreth/article_a69d16c8-0703-11ea-babb-97013d39f13f.html…
@csgazette
7:39 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
One final note before heading into the courthouse: Remember that I can't live-tweet, due to restrictive rules placed on members of the media by the judge in this case. So I'll try to have updates when there's a break in the action.
@csgazette#PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
7:39 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Here we go. Day 10 on the murder trial of Patrick Frazee. There’s a much larger national media presence here today, with closing arguments possible this afternoon. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
7:50 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
ICYMI: Here’s our Day 9 Facebook live recap: https://www.facebook.com/SamKraemerTV/videos/2476993605753485?sfns=mo …#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
7:51 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
I’ll share updates as we can on breaks and around lunch. We’ll plan for a Facebook live around 8:30 p.m. MT again. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
7:52 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Kelsey Souto on Twitter
Court begins at 8:30 today for Day 11 of Patrick Frazee trial. Closing arguments are expected to be presented.
EJbBOUFXYAAumji.jpg

7:57 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Jennifer Kovaleski on Twitter
Good morning from Cripple Creek. This is the line to get into the Teller County courthouse. We are here covering day 10 of #PatrickFrazee’s murder trial. Closing arguments are expected sometime this afternoon. The start of what should be a big day in court. @DenverChannel
EJbBsfEWsAAlE1P.jpg

EJbBsfCWsAEjtnq.jpg

7:59 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Hello from the #PatrickFrazee murder trial. We’re waiting for court to open for the day. It is busy! Lots more national media here today. Prosecutors have a few more witnesses, then defense has a chance to bring a case, then closings.
8:29 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Jennifer Kovaleski on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee trial is currently in a closed hearing. Waiting for the media and public to be allowed inside. @DenverChannel #kelseyberreth
8:36 AM - 15 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA

They’re not sequestered ...

I’m sure they will be glad to see the end of this trial as well.
I'm sure the jury appreciates being able to go home every evening and on weekends. This may be the shortest trial I've followed, and I'm sure the family and the jury appreciate that it hasn't dragged on or been bogged down with delays as we often see. Looking forward to morning break.

DA May did to PF what PF did to Kelsey in real life. He separated him from all of those who could support him. They were almost all on the witness list so could not be there in court for him, especially mama. Brilliant move.
Agreed. I always thought it was a stroke of genius when DA May called SF to the stand during the preliminary hearing and she plead the 5th! No way she was getting that baby after that!!!

It sounded like the jury would be able to see it during deliberation. Sam described it as a digital file, but one that was basically blown up on large poster boards.

I understand where you're coming from, yep with trials I have followed , We will agree to disagree. I don't think it was entered as evidence so it will not go back. I mentioned a case which was recent, but I have seen this multiple times where the jury wants to see what was a synopsis by somebody, but it was not " entered into, by the judge as evidence" so therefore it could not go back.

I'm sorry - I did not do the live type out last night. Had Sam's video on in the background, but wasn't able to be at the computer and type. I will do my best tonight.

One of the main points Sam mentioned regarding PF's text patterns was that PF almost NEVER initiated texts to KB and often didn't even respond to texts she sent him. Until -- after she disappeared. Then suddenly he is initiating texts left and right to her phone, responding quickly, sweet, "Do you need anything? Just let me know." and being all responsive and interactive. Sam was saying when investigators look at texts, they weren't just analyzing the content, but also the patterns of communication, writing style, who often initiated, etc. And major flags with how he was basically an inattentive, non-responsive, non-affectionate arse (my take) to suddenly this back and forth nice rapport. (As the phones sit right next to each other. Which one expert testified you typically wouldn't call each other when you are sitting in the same room.)

It's ok! It's on at 9:30p for me and we're always home. Last night was the first one I had to miss it because something came up. I was afraid to take an ear bud to bed and my luck wake up with my husband screaming because I've fallen asleep and it's lodged in his nose or worse. :eek:

I understand where you're coming from, yep with trials I have followed , We will agree to disagree. I don't think it was entered as evidence so it will not go back. I mentioned a case which was recent, but I have seen this multiple times where the jury wants to see what was a synopsis by somebody, but it was not " entered into, by the judge as evidence" so therefore it could not go back.
If they can't have it - perhaps the image of the totality of this timeline will stay with them.
IMO

Click on that DNA Analysis link above and read the kind of things that make sense to the witnesses we've been hearing from. This sentence got me: "DNA analysis is an essential tool for identifying and reassociating commingled human remains, especially for large commingled assemblages." Well, yeah.
Maybe he looked at the plastic tote and the oily spot.
ETA: Melted plastic

Last edited:
Moo, if that was a demonstrative exhibit, the jury will never see it.

They needed to take notes at the time.

It's not part of evidence m o o.

We just saw such and another case we recently followed about the Dan Markel case in Tallahassee. They wanted something that was shown, but it was not evidence, it was just shown to aid.

That said, I am sure that jurors took notes on such. At least one! M o o

That said, I wish prosecutors could say in court that when they are showing something oh, it will not be going back to the jury as it is not evidence and they need to take better notes. But I don't think that's allowed or I would think that is doing more often. M o o

Found the part of Sam's video. He said:
The state called Kevin Clark. A senior criminal intelligence analyst. The FBI requested his help here.

"Basically what he did, was he made this timeline, which was a digital document, that they blew up, on to these very, very large poster boards."

Maps it out from November 22 all the way through December 4. Clark was reading every single data point to the jury and even Sam couldn't keep up.

"And the jury is going to have these boards to see and use in deliberations. The defense actually tried to object to him reading every single point after he read his first posters, broken up into like five. Judge overruled, because Viehman said it's fair, they are explaining how all of this came to be."

BBM

The live is not streamed live.

But is the trial being captured on video, and might we see closing arguments at a later time?

To answer your question: No. We won't.

In the People's Republic of Cripple Creek, Judge Sells has strictly forbidden the use of audio or video recording on courthouse property.

Colored pencils and sketch pads have also been banned from the courtroom.

True Story: Violators of judge's Decorum Order are subject to 6 months behind bars.

There will be no release of either audio or video of this trial.
NEVER.
EVER.
EVER.

JMO.

Last edited:
I wonder too.
Also did a "Blood Splatter Expert" ever testify here?
Was there a story of her killing that hasn't been
discussed yet and could that expert be the last one scheduled to graphically explain her final minutes.
That would possibly be one to upset the defense and thus the arguments to the judge.
Moo

It didn’t sound like there was enough of the initial blood splatter left after KK cleaned it up for anybody to do an analysis on. But that kind of testimony would certainly make the defense fight to keep it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member