CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only authenticated handwriting but also fingerprints. The notes were written on paper so PF's finger prints would have to be on them.

I see the Judge has now added 2nd degree murder and manslaughter which is good. I've always thought 1st degree was a stretch but we'll see what the jury decides. Whatever is decided, I think there will be an appeal.

JMO
Who needs fingerprints or handwriting experts?

Who else could have written the notes, which were filled with detailed personal information, about the various witnesses, that only PF could have known?

Does anyone think they will try to pursue PF’s mom after this?

I’m glad they have the letters showing PF tried to solicit murders of witnesses. That way it this jury gets it wrong and selects a lesser charge (or no charge!), maybe they can use this as new charges to pursue to keep him in jail longer.
BBM:

Now that they're armed with this information, I sure hope so.

Ma is a vile woman. Strike that. She's a vile creature.
We had evidence of it before now, with the way she treated KB, but this really ices it.
The fact that coded messages were supposed to be relayed to Ma says it all.

It doesn't require any mental "stretch" to realize how these hits would have been funded.

PF and Ma make Norman and Norma Bates look like June and Beaver Cleaver.

This just makes me love Dan May even more (if such a thing is possible).

DA May made sure that disgusting creature didn't step foot in that courtroom.
He ensured that Ma and PF had zero opportunity to send any coded messages or signals to one another.

Dan has been 100 septillion steps ahead of these 2 the entire way.

Dan May is Da Bomb.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yep. And I almost gave her a little benefit of doubt today, thinking she was possibly scared of him. Looks like we were right all along.

I don't think she's afraid of him, but I think he's been escalating and she would have good reason to be afraid of him in the future if he were set free.

So the bombshell witness provided proof of PF's attempt to hire murder via prison-provided napkins (what did he write with? Maybe he was trusted with a pen to write his memoirs).

PF had to have known this evidence existed. And I bet he never told his lawyers and they found out on Monday or last weekend, thereby accounting for the glumness that some of you noted in the shortness of the cross-examination. They knew what was coming.

I'm trying to think how they could possibly defend against that. Will they demand a handwriting expert (and infuriate the jury by delaying for a couple more days?) PF was asked if he wanted to take the stand (he could testify that he didn't write those). The defense has probably seen the expert report on the handwriting and knows that, well, the handwriting is on the wall and they can't impeach that anyway.

I am so looking forward to hearing synopsis and reading transcripts of the final arguments.

BBM. Good question. Many jails and prisons have strict guidelines on the type of writing instruments and often only special, flexible pens or pencils are allowed. Any forensic analysis is going to come after this trial concludes but it won't do PF any good if his fingerprints are on the documents. A career-criminal who sports prison gang tattoos and manages to get a major felony bumped to a misdemeanor isn't the most credible of witnesses.

The judge said he was allowing the writings as a reflection of consciousness of guilt but PF doesn't admit to killing KB and he doesn't admit to knowing where she is now. About all the defense can do is point out the incredible amount of hearsay and deals that were offered as incentives to testify.

JMO

Earlier someone said they worried about the jury pool of locals. Even if somehow they were hung on earlier evidence, I'd think that seeing prominent local names on the murder hit list...would be all they need. Hitting real close to home.

IMO

NuttMegg,

Yes, Hitting close to home, will remind Jurors what they are dealing with.
The possibility other lives, in the town were in jeopardy.
PF needs to be locked up for life.
MOO.

Back, in these posts, it is stated the info about theses notes/letters was only given to the DA on MONDAY.
Imagine their excitement, when these were verified to be from PF.
A killer just starting out, as he had loads more to complete.
Now, he can contemplate about his next venture, sitting in a cell for the remainder of his pathetic life.
MOO.
.....worrying about whether Days of Our Lives will be cancelled.

@SamKraemerTV
The judge will allow the jury to consider second-degree murder and manslaughter charges *IF* Frazee is found not guilty of first-degree murder. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

2:14 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Though both rested their case, we will not have closing arguments today. That’s because the judge and both attorneys are still deciding on jury instructions. The defense is seeking lesser charges. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

12:56 PM - 15 Nov 2019

The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells again advised Frazee of his rights to testify and remain silent. Frazee chose to remain silent. The defense then rested without calling witnesses. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

12:54 PM - 15 Nov 2019

This was probably the most graphic of the notes (warning). It read: “I would really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head. Piss and on her face. *advertiser censored***ng dirty c**t *advertiser censored** *advertiser censored*.” #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KeystalKenney

11:47 AM - 15 Nov 2019

The state, by the way, still hasn’t rested it’s case. I’d be surprised if we get to closing statements today. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:43 AM - 15 Nov 2019

The evidence was admitted on the sole basis of establishing Frazee’s consciousness of guilt. It was a turn I did not see coming. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:38 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Sadly for the family of Kelsey, I believe the reason that PF’s lawyers did not put on a case isn’t because he is indefensible, it is to set him up with a reason to appeal. To not call even one witness sure makes his attorneys look incompetent. I think that they will use the last minute witness and these letters as an issue for appeal too. They can argue that given the short notice they could not have them analyzed to verify that he wrote them and so they could not defend PF against them.
I don't think setting yourself up as an incompetent counsel is great for career longevity.

BBM. Good question. Many jails and prisons have strict guidelines on the type of writing instruments and often only special, flexible pens or pencils are allowed. Any forensic analysis is going to come after this trial concludes but it won't do PF any good if his fingerprints are on the documents. A career-criminal who sports prison gang tattoos and manages to get a major felony bumped to a misdemeanor isn't the most credible of witnesses.

The judge said he was allowing the writings as a reflection of consciousness of guilt but PF doesn't admit to killing KB and he doesn't admit to knowing where she is now. About all the defense can do is point out the incredible amount of hearsay and deals that were offered as incentives to testify.

JMO
As to the bolded---That's pretty funny...so he doesn't admit guilt for killing anyone, but he does request the deaths of 6 or more other people....great defense...

And I thought making the phone call regarding the Nash Ranch from the jail to JM when he knew the line was recorded was as stupid as PF could get. Wrong!

Kapua

We have heard stupid statements from CW (Watts' case) after being placed in Prison for life, can you imagine what statements, PF will be coming out with.
Hope PF, 'gives his side', in any interview, to set matters straight.:D
We'll be rolling in laughter.
MOO.

JMO
Snipped and BBM. PF has had access to all the discovery from the prosecution. He knew who they were going to call, and what those witnesses were going to say. He responded by trying to solicit someone to kill them. That is consciousness of guilt. If you’re an innocent person, you don’t decide that multiple people have to die.

He did not get a plea deal for multiple charges in different counties. Instead, the DA’s office said they would help to get the cases resolved in one county. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:37 AM - 15 Nov 2019

On cross, Adam Stiegerwald points out this man only comes forward as the trial is underway & that me just met with the DA’s office on Monday. He notes the man wanted to sell the notes on eBay, citing Frazee’s fame. He also sought a plea deal @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

11:36 AM - 15 Nov 2019

The notes show Frazee giving information on where Kenney, Chad Lee and Joseph Moore all live. He also provides suggestions for getting rid of them. He says Kenney would be close to her kids. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:35 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Another note from Frazee says he’s not a criminal but “this planning and talking gets my blood flowing”. In exchange, the man says Frazee helped him bond out of jail. Frazee’s notes said they could “do a lot of *advertiser censored* together”. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

11:34 AM - 15 Nov 2019

The man kept notes he says Frazee wrote to him. Slater identified the handwriting as Frazee’s. Frazee talks about “just kidnap them until Nov. 22” and that there’s open space near Kenney’s home. “She could just disappear before trial,” he says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

11:32 AM - 15 Nov 2019

He says after Frazee learned he was in a prison gang, Frazee sought his help on taking out witnesses, including Krystal Kenney & her family, Chad Lee, CBI Agent Gregg Slater, Michelle Stein, Joseph Moore and more. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:31 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Next, we heard from a former Teller County inmate. The DA’s office requested we not share his name out of fear of prison retaliation. We are honoring that request. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:29 AM - 15 Nov 2019

@SamKraemerTV
DA Dan May had Priest examine a specific piece of the floorboard. Priest says it had two significant round indentations in it, which he says would be consistent with a wooden baseball bat striking the ground. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

9:32 AM - 15 Nov 2019

@SamKraemerTV
Priest testified the blood stains on the floorboards are most significant, because they show a large pool of blood was able to sleep through the connection points. He says it could take up to an hour for blood to dry, depending on temp, humidity and volume. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9:31 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Also, in the video taken around 11:15 a.m. Dec. 21, Kenney is seen wearing a CBI agent jacket and hat. It seems like police wanted to conceal her identity that day. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:29 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Kenney points out an arc on the east wall, where the TV is. She says it’s thicker toward the bottom. Priest says that’s consistent with a blood source low on the ground. He says blood spots high on the wall show it likely flew off the bat. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

9:28 AM - 15 Nov 2019

We’ve heard powerful testimony from Jonathyn Priest, a well-known crime scene reconstruction and blood stain pattern analyst. He explains the documented blood stains are consistent with Krystal Kenney’s story. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:26 AM - 15 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member