GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, December 2nd:
*Review Hearing (@ 11am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – only for *Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) (32) charged (2/4/19) with tampering with physical evidence.
2/2/19: is scheduled to appear in a Teller County courtroom on Friday, Feb. 8. She will enter a plea deal with prosecutors. She was believed to have disposed of Berreth's cell phone in the days after she was last seen alive. The probable cause statement has been sealed.
2/8/19 Update: Prosecutor says Kenney has agreed to plead guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Judge says WHEN sentencing happens, she could get 12-18 months in prison, community corrections, or probation. Could also be 90 days in El Paso County jail. Aggravated sentence could be attached at end of trial. Kenney will testify against Frazee in exchange for her plea deal. Won't be sentenced till that prosecution is complete. She is barred from speaking with press under deal. Monday June 24th at 11 AM there will be a review hearing for Kenney. They will differ charges at that point & will set up a periodic review every 90 days or so. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion.
6/24/19 Update: Dru Nielsen, Kenney’s attorney, is calling in for today’s hearing. Nielsen has Kenney on the phone too. Review date scheduled for 12/2. That wouldn’t be a sentencing date. Assuming the trial would be complete, she would report to probation on that day with sentencing scheduled for within 8 weeks after that. Sells says if the trial is delayed, he plans to just delay that review hearing as needed.
*Patrick Michael Frazee –Trial: GUILTY on all counts. Sentenced to life without the possibility of parole plus 156 years, plus 5 years with parole for solicitation. Child: Hearing on Advisement on 12/5.

By the way - my quote was from the article, so what GordianKnot - I think it was - said - it came from Sam....

Kenney's already pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence. This is her first court appearance since testifying against Patrick Frazee.

Krystal Kenney returns to Teller County courtroom

6:31 AM, Dec 02, 2019

TELLER COUNTY — The only person prosecutors needed to piece together Kelsey Berreth's murder will be back in front of a Teller County judge this morning.

~snip

Prosecutors said they "made a deal with the devil" as Kenney was the only person talking who knew what happened.

Before she spoke to investigators in December 2018 she made a deal to plead guilty to a tampering charge that carries a maximum of three years in prison. She plead guilty earlier this year.

We'll keep you updated on any developments in court today. We do not expect her to be sentenced as court officials said that would not happen until next year.

Krystal Kenney returns to Teller County courtroom

Frazee trial: Krystal Lee Kenney in court Monday for review hearing

3 mins ago

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. — Krystal Lee Kenney, the key witness in the murder trial of Patrick Frazee, will appear in court Monday.

Kenney, who said in court that she now uses the name Krystal Lee, previously pled guilty to tampering with evidence. As part of the plea deal, she agreed to testify against Frazee.

In her testimony, Kenney said she was Frazee’s mistress, and she drove from Idaho to help clean up the crime scene after Frazee killed Berreth.

~snip

Kenney will appear in Teller County court for a review hearing at 11 a.m. Monday. During the hearing, she will either be sentenced, or will learn the date of her sentencing.

When she is sentenced, she faces up to three years behind bars.

Frazee trial: Krystal Lee Kenney in court Monday for review hearing

Patrick Frazee mistress Krystal Lee in court Monday

KKTV Dec 2, 2019 - Updated 22 min ago

CRIPPLE CREEK - The case that captured national attention is about to get more interesting.

Two weeks ago Patrick Frazee was found guilty for murdering the mother of his child, Kelsey Berreth. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 156 years.

The prosecution's star witness, Krystal Lee is next to learn her fate. Lee, formerly known as Krystal Kenney, will go before a judge Monday, according to Gazette news partner KKTV. District Attorney Dan May said this is where she will either be sentenced or learn when she will be sentenced.

~snip

More at link:

It isn’t far from my house, and I have the day off (one of my trucks broke). So I’ll go see what’s happening. Also,
I have iron on letters for a shirt. Thinking of catchy phrases.......
BBM:

I like this one:
upload_2019-12-2_10-20-43.jpeg
Or this less subtle one:
images

KKTV Dec 2, 2019 - Updated 22 min ago

CRIPPLE CREEK - The case that captured national attention is about to get more interesting.

Two weeks ago Patrick Frazee was found guilty for murdering the mother of his child, Kelsey Berreth. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 156 years.

The prosecution's star witness, Krystal Lee is next to learn her fate. Lee, formerly known as Krystal Kenney, will go before a judge Monday, according to Gazette news partner KKTV. District Attorney Dan May said this is where she will either be sentenced or learn when she will be sentenced.

~snip

More at link:

Could she be sentenced today, but not have to report to jail until January?

MOO is she will be sentenced today.

Sam Kraemer TV

KENNEY IN COURT: This morning, Krystal Kenney is due back in court for a review hearing. She’s already pleaded guilty to a single count of evidence tampering for her role in the murder of Kelsey Berreth, despite having a much larger role.

I don’t expect her to be sentenced today based on a previous conversation with a court clerk.

The hearing begins at 11 a.m. MT, and it’s subject to the same decorum as the trial of Patrick Frazee (no live reporting, no cameras). I’ll share updates as I can.

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney KOAA 5

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
KENNEY HEARING: Krystal Kenney is set for a review hearing at the top of the hour. I was told by a court clerk that sentencing would happen in January, but we’ll see. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:34 AM - 2 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Kenney already pleaded guilty to a single count of evidence tampering. She could face a maximum of three years in prison for the single count of evidence tampering she pleaded guilty to. The minimum is probation.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:36 AM - 2 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The same decorum order for Frazee’s trial is in place for this hearings I’ll share updates as I can.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
KENNEY HEARING: Krystal Kenney is set for a review hearing at the top of the hour. I was told by a court clerk that sentencing would happen in January, but we’ll see. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:34 AM - 2 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Kenney already pleaded guilty to a single count of evidence tampering. She could face a maximum of three years in prison for the single count of evidence tampering she pleaded guilty to. The minimum is probation.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The same decorum order for Frazee’s trial is in place for this hearings I’ll share updates as I can.

BBM:

Unless you hear it from the horse's mouth, it ain't gospel.
And the court clerk ain't the horse.

Dan May said he wasn't sure whether she'd be sentenced today or not, which leaves the door open.
If Dan says KK might get sentenced today, she may very well be sentenced today.

Or not, of course.
We'll know very, very soon!!!

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics