GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully she is sentenced tomorrow, but apparently that isn’t set in stone.

Patrick Frazee's mistress Krystal Lee could soon learn fate

The prosecution's star witness, Krystal Lee is next to learn her fate. Lee will go before a judge Dec. 2.

District Attorney Dan May said this is where she will either be sentenced or learn when she will be sentenced.
Ughhhhhhhh I'm so sick of her being refered to as the Star Witness. No she is nothing more than the side chic, in line behind many. covering her own hide. Kelsey's mom is the Star Witness. Kelsey's mom is the reason KK,and PF were caught,and charged.

Hopefully she is sentenced tomorrow, but apparently that isn’t set in stone.

Patrick Frazee's mistress Krystal Lee could soon learn fate

The prosecution's star witness, Krystal Lee is next to learn her fate. Lee will go before a judge Dec. 2.

District Attorney Dan May said this is where she will either be sentenced or learn when she will be sentenced.
Ughhhhhhhh I'm so sick of her being refered to as the Star Witness. No she is nothing more than the side chic, in line behind many. covering her own hide. Kelsey's mom is the Star Witness. Kelsey's mom is the reason KK,and PF were caught,and charged.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
UPDATE: Krystal Jean Lee will be sentenced Jan. 28. Prosecutors say she faces up to 3 years for evidence tampering in helping #PatrickFrazee cover up murder of #KelseyBerreth. @csgazette
11:01 AM - 2 Dec 2019
Wow. So she gets to spend the Holidays free as a bird. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. SMH. I Hope lawyer fees suck every last bit of $$,and joy out it for her,and those who made it possible to hide behind her lawyer,and get her Karla Homolka deal.
MOO

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The hearing lasted all of seven minutes. Judge Scott Sells ordered a PSI — something related to probation. Kenney will report there today for interrogation. Her sentencing is set for Jan. 28 at 9 a.m.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
11:15 AM - 2 Dec 2019

For anyone wondering... PSI in this case does not have to do with Deflategate or deflated footballs...

What is a PSI for Probation?

History
The pre-sentencing investigation has been a major part of the American criminal justice system since the 1920s. It evolved from a long social tradition of believing that a person committed a crime for reasons unique to that person, and that the underlying motivation for crime could be treated on an individual basis, according to the Center on Criminal and Juvenile Justice. The PSI gives a judge a thorough background of an individual and is meant to guide sentencing and treatment for that specific person.

Background
A PSI is used in different cases and situations according to state laws, which vary. Federal law requires a PSI only in death penalty cases. They are almost always conducted by a court system's probation or court services department. However, a defendant's lawyer sometimes commissions a "defense based" report for the case, since PSIs have been criticized for being biased against the defendant.

Defendant Information
According to the Michigan State Appellate Defender's Office, the pre-sentencing investigation includes a wide range of personal and professional background information about the convicted person. It includes information on the person's finances, criminal history, marital history, education, medical history and substance abuse history. Information is gathered from documents and through interviews with the defendant's family.

Victim's Role
Information from the victim in the case is frequently included in the PSI. The report can use police documents to explain harm suffered by the victim. The victim also can offer an impact statement for the PSI. In the impact statement, the victim describes from a personal perspective, the experience of the crime and its aftermath.

Source: What is a PSI for Probation?

As someone who did a brief little dance with my own cowboy narcissist but was lucky enough to get out relatively unscathed (still undecided whether he was a sociopath or not), and seeing first-hand what he put another one of his victims through, I often wonder about KKL and how much of her behavior and actions were the result of a lifelong obsession combined with the unbelievable manipulation, gaslighting and total crazy-making number that narcissist psychopaths pull on their victims vs the result of her own vacuum of morality?

I don't doubt that PF could be every bit of the lovebombing, charming cowboy that obviously was able to rope in (pun intended) both sweet Kelsey and the Rodeo Queen into his orbit, and keep them there with his lasso of manipulation until it was too late. I shudder when I think about the guy I was involved with. Still to this day, no one, and I mean no one, has made me feel the way he did in terms of excitement and knowing how to push all the right emotional buttons. And it terrifies me, because I let it sweep me away for a bit but the old cynical me resurfaced quite quickly, thank god.

I've seen women do insane things for the psychopath in their lives (give up custody of their kids, bankrupt their family, move to an isolated section of Vermont, cutting off contact from everyone, subsuming all their ideals and personality). Still, I have to believe that at least 90%, even 99.5%, of women would draw the line at a)being asked to murder their lover's baby mama and b)being asked to clean up that bloody mess. I can see MAYBE MAYBE getting in the car and giving it the ol' rodeo try, but when opening that door and confronted with the reality of that horrific scene? NO. HELL NO. That should have been the cold icy slap in the face KKL needed to wake her up to the reality of who she was dealing with, and she should have backed right out and walked her hiney right into the closest police station. That's why I think KKL had something profoundly wrong/evil within her that enabled her to be so involved in the clean up of a murder scene and disposal of poor Kelsey.

AND...that's a really long-winded way of saying that I'm SO disappointed that she is going to be out and free for the holidays!!! BAH HUMBUG!

DEC 2, 2019
Krystal Kenney sentencing set for January in Teller County
Krystal Lee Kenney will be sentenced in late January, according to conversations between the judge and prosecution. For now, she'll report to a probation office today to start the process of a pre-sentencing investigation, as ordered by the judge.

When the sentencing hearing happens the court will hear from people locally and from Idaho about Kenney's character and the impact her actions are having on others.

[…]

Kelsey Berreth Murder: Krystal Lee To Be Sentenced In Late January
A key witness in the Kelsey Berreth murder investigation will be sentenced on Jan. 28, 2020, for her role in covering up the crime. Krystal Lee testified that Patrick Frazee beat Berreth to death with a baseball bat inside her Woodland Park condominium — and that their young daughter was in another room in the town house at the time. Lee testified that she helped clean up the crime scene, at Frazee’s request.

[…]

… Lee pleaded guilty to evidence tampering, saying she took Berreth’s phone to Idaho — at Frazee’s request — to make it look like Berreth had left the state.

… Without making a deal, she could been sentenced to more than 100 years.

[…]

Right on.
e116.png
e144.png
7059.gif

I'm going with orange on the thread today.
Seems apropos.
Yes! I like orange GK!! I will post in orange until she is put away. It'll never be long enough so I'd really like to see 3 years. Let's face it, she'll be out before the three years on "good" behaviour. Just typing it makes me ill :eek:

I can see MAYBE MAYBE getting in the car and giving it the ol' rodeo try, but when opening that door and confronted with the reality of that horrific scene? NO. HELL NO. That should have been the cold icy slap in the face KKL needed to wake her up to the reality of who she was dealing with, and she should have backed right out and walked her hiney right into the closest police station. That's why I think KKL had something profoundly wrong/evil within her that enabled her to be so involved in the clean up of a murder scene and disposal of poor Kelsey.

AND...that's a really long-winded way of saying that I'm SO disappointed that she is going to be out and free for the holidays!!! BAH HUMBUG!

Respectfully snipped by me...

Just playing the devils advocate here and please don’t get me wrong, I think she is getting off way too easy here... but nurses and health care professionals have this kind of sick ability to compartmentalize their lives.... where anyone else would see that blood and freak out, I suspect she just went into work mode and decided to clean up.

It reminds me of my brother who is a surgeon and grossed our family out once when telling us about how once he was operating on someone’s intestines and decided in the middle of surgery that he was going to case his own sausages after work that day. My bro is not a sociopathic murderer, but I don’t think any normal (non medical) person would have thoughts of stuffing and eating sausages while we are literally elbow deep in another human’s body.
Sorry for the grossness of that story.
MOO

Was it ever determined if the Berreths can sue KK? It would seem like they could since she both conspired in the murder of their daughter/sister/mother and colluded to destroy evidence and impede the investigation. I would love to see KK have to send a check to baby K, every month, for the rest of her life.

Respectfully snipped by me...

Just playing the devils advocate here and please don’t get me wrong, I think she is getting off way too easy here... but nurses and health care professionals have this kind of sick ability to compartmentalize their lives.... where anyone else would see that blood and freak out, I suspect she just went into work mode and decided to clean up.

It reminds me of my brother who is a surgeon and grossed our family out once when telling us about how once he was operating on someone’s intestines and decided in the middle of surgery that he was going to case his own sausages after work that day. My bro is not a sociopathic murderer, but I don’t think any normal (non medical) person would have thoughts of stuffing and eating sausages while we are literally elbow deep in another human’s body.
Sorry for the grossness of that story.
MOO

lol @ your brother. I've had docs and a nurse in my family, as well, and it's true that some people have a tolerance for things that would make others pass out. The combination of KK having that tolerance, plus her CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER, probably added up to not be being the least bit phased by the ghastly "job" she so willingly chose to do.

I always thought the mom was the star witness, too.
(They might have gotten a conviction without kk imo, but I guess it was very ify and they couldn't take a chance on it. But she's no star to me, either).
Maybe it would sound better to say key witness.

How disappointing that KK has not been sentenced, and will spend Christmas, where and with whom, she chooses.:(:(
Surely, everyone knowing how evil this person is, will limit her friends and acquaintances.
I can imagine her 'sob story' to those that stick by this Creep.
"Oh, poor me. He made me do it. I was terrified".:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
"Thanks for supporting me."
Let's hope her life, is on a 'downhill' trend continually.
Prison can't come soon enough, although we will hear this 'pity story' from her supporters in Court.
MOO.

I don't know what else can be accomplished at this hearing other than going over the agreement and asking the prosecution as to how well they thought she (KK) cooperated. Maybe ask the prosecution as to a suggested penalty.
Ask the Berreths'. Makes me want to puke KK's lawyer gets to bring witnesses,and show a video. Kelsey didn't get that chance before KK helped PF get rid of Her.
I hope the Judge keeps this in mind when he finally gets around to sentencing KK,and gives KK the Maximum with no time off for 'good behavior',because the whole three years is still not anywhere near enough for KK.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members