GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the RN’s out there.

When will Krystal lose her license? She’s already been convicted. Will she lose her license? I just checked and it’s in encumbered. Even if she gets 3 years, she will get out. She cannot be trusted in providing healthcare to others.
Rest assured the nursing license is a past issue. Any nurse with respect for the profession wants an UNencumbered license. Meaning the license is clean, the nurse is without any serious legal charges. She is in encumbered status indicating her board of nursing is aware of the charges against her. Revocation of her license will occur at the next state board of nursing review. These reviews happen at the State House, usually twice yearly. It will be quick without discussion. The board of nursing will not play with her. These meetings are open to the public. After the formal board decision and announcement KK will get notification of revocation for life. With her charges she will not have a reinstatement option. Never again to work as a licensed nurse. However, there are many health care positions that do not require a nursing license.

Wow! I’ve been too busy to follow. But so pleasantly surprised she got three years! I didn’t have a lot of hope she’d get more than 18 months.

Was she taken into custody right away? Any link to the judge’s comments at sentencing?

Rest assured the nursing license is a past issue. Any nurse with respect for the profession wants an UNencumbered license. Meaning the license is clean, the nurse is without any serious legal charges. She is in encumbered status indicating her board of nursing is aware of the charges against her. Revocation of her license will occur at the next state board of nursing review. These reviews happen at the State House, usually twice yearly. It will be quick without discussion. The board of nursing will not play with her. These meetings are open to the public. After the formal board decision and announcement KK will get notification of revocation for life. With her charges she will not have a reinstatement option. Never again to work as a licensed nurse. However, there are many health care positions that do not require a nursing license.

Hmmmmm...................where would one find a link to that license information? My link doesn't seem to verify that.
https://www.nursys.com/LQC/LQCViewReport.aspx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-29 Nursys®.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-29 Nursys®.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 22
Why does it say RACE: OTHER
Wow! I’ve been too busy to follow. But so pleasantly surprised she got three years! I didn’t have a lot of hope she’d get more than 18 months.

Was she taken into custody right away? Any link to the judge’s comments at sentencing?
One comment the judge made was that she wouldn't have stopped to pick up "take out" if she was REALLY remorseful after hours of cleaning up another women's blood.

I’m still po’d. More I think about it. Why was she given this deal? Why not a higher felony conviction? If she didn’t agree she would have been charged with the murder. They had the Pings and evidence she was in Colorado at time of disappearance. If they had charged her with murder she still would have sung to save herself too. I’m convinced of it. They also had Patrick on video at the condo too. They both could and should have been charged.

Hmmmmm...................where would one find a link to that license information? My link doesn't seem to verify that.
https://www.nursys.com/LQC/LQCViewReport.aspx
Jumping off Scoutce post as encumbered license, that would indicate her board has been informed and is watching. Further information on the Idaho board of nursing...the next meeting is at Spring Hill by Marriott 424 E Park Center Blvd, Boise, Id on January 30 - 31. Likely too soon for this decision. The following board meeting is April 23 - 24. On the Idaho board of nursing page is a link to discipline. I do not see KK name there but it will be. Nursys is known for delays in posting. When the discipline comes you will be able to actually read the official document and decision with the board's justification for revoking her license.

I’m still po’d. More I think about it. Why was she given this deal? Why not a higher felony conviction? If she didn’t agree she would have been charged with the murder. They had the Pings and evidence she was in Colorado at time of disappearance. If they had charged her with murder she still would have sung to save herself too. I’m convinced of it. They also had Patrick on video at the condo too. They both could and should have been charged.

No. They didn't have enough evidence to charge her with murder. Not close. And her confession to them was the final bit they needed to ensure a conviction of PF for murder one.

May, who said after Frazee was sentenced that he made “a deal with the devil” in the plea agreement with Kenney, said that he still felt three years was inadequate for her involvement in Berreth’s death. But he said he believed the deal was worth it in order to solve the murder case.

“You know, the right person is serving a life sentence right now. He’s the one who actually carried out the murder. What he did was horrific,” May said, referring to Frazee.

“And so, do I think that she should have gotten a lot more time? You betcha. Do I feel bad (that) she only got (sentenced to) three years today? You betcha. But in the end, we needed to solve this case. He needed to be held accountable for what he did. He’s the one who brutally murdered this woman,” May added. “So, yes, I guess you could say it was worth it. But at the same time, Krystal Lee got off way too light.”
Judge sentences Krystal Kenney to 3 years in prison

She was taken away in handcuffs. Here is a little summary of what the judge had to say. MOO

Sells leaned forward in his chair and, in an abbreviated way, listed out Kenney’s involvement in the case: She made a conscious decision to use Berreth’s phone to mislead her coworkers, family and law enforcement and created the false impression that Berreth was still alive. She went to Nash Ranch with Frazee, where he removed a black tote containing Berreth’s body from the top of a haystack, and drove to his property in Florissant. She was present when he burned the tote. And she took the phone to Idaho before burning it to conceal her actions, he said. All the while, she didn't alert authorities.

“You made an ongoing, multi-day effort to tamper with evidence that spanned hours and hours and hundreds of miles,” he said.

Saying she was sorry wasn’t enough, he said, and she deserved the maximum sentence.

He then, at 10:56 a.m., sentenced her to three years in prison, followed by one year of mandatory parole.

ETA: Oops, I should have read through. Looks like you've already seen this one.

She was taken away in handcuffs. Here is a little summary of what the judge had to say. MOO

Sells leaned forward in his chair and, in an abbreviated way, listed out Kenney’s involvement in the case: She made a conscious decision to use Berreth’s phone to mislead her coworkers, family and law enforcement and created the false impression that Berreth was still alive. She went to Nash Ranch with Frazee, where he removed a black tote containing Berreth’s body from the top of a haystack, and drove to his property in Florissant. She was present when he burned the tote. And she took the phone to Idaho before burning it to conceal her actions, he said. All the while, she didn't alert authorities.

“You made an ongoing, multi-day effort to tamper with evidence that spanned hours and hours and hundreds of miles,” he said.

Saying she was sorry wasn’t enough, he said, and she deserved the maximum sentence.

He then, at 10:56 a.m., sentenced her to three years in prison, followed by one year of mandatory parole.

Thank you. I do not for one moment believe she was scared or has a "beautiful soul" as her weird friends stated. Gross. I hope she has a hard time in prison.

Love seeing it again. One of my favorite posts from yesterday was yours, Pommy. When someone asked when KK would be taken away to prison and you simply and eloquently replied “She’s gone!”

No. They didn't have enough evidence to charge her with murder. Not close. And her confession to them was the final bit they needed to ensure a conviction of PF for murder one.

Bravo!
Just so.

Gitana, have you seen Dan May's post-sentencing presser?

I've included Pommy's post linking to that video in case you and others here haven't had a chance to watch it yet...it's definitely "Must-See-TV."

DA May is a man much to be admired.

He didn't make the deal because he wanted to do it.

He made the deal because he had to do it.

Doing the right thing doesn't always feel right.

He did the right thing, even though he clearly did (and still does) feel horribly himself about having to do so.

That's integrity.

JMO.

We have all had a hard time with what feels like a slap on KK’s wrist. But I try to trust Dan May’s words:

"We wouldn't even know where the murder happened in the apartment, even which room or where it happened at all, without her testimony," District Attorney Dan May said earlier this year.

Patrick Frazee guilty on all counts, sentenced to life in prison

Bravo!
Just so.

Gitana, have you seen Dan May's post-sentencing presser?

I've included Pommy's post linking to that video in case you and others here haven't had a chance to watch it yet...it's definitely "Must-See-TV."

DA May is a man much to be admired.

He didn't make the deal because he wanted to do it.

He made the deal because he had to do it.

Doing the right thing doesn't always feel right.

He did the right thing, even though he clearly did (and still does) feel horribly himself about having to do so.

That's integrity.

JMO.

Thanks for that. I've seen nothing until a bit ago. I was in court myself yesterday.

Anyone with HALF a conscience would be on the side of the road vomiting, shaking and sobbing after cleaning hat crime scene for someone threatening them. Not calmly ordering a bunch of nasty fast food.

Let's be real - she was obsessed with PF, he kept her hanging because he knew it and thought she would be of use to him in some way one day, she married someone else because she realized he wasn't going to marry her, but she always carried a torch, was super jealous of Kelsey and wanted her dead.

At this point I do believe there is a chance was something in that drink. They just never had the proof.

I don't think she's as vicious and sociopathic as PF but she fully conspired to make a baby motherless out of jealousy and desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member