GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...gross!
Can we write to them and say, " hey did y'all know she helped burn the body of a murder victim to cover up her involvement in concealing the crime??"
Isn't that accessory after the fact?
She should not be in charge of any ill/vulnerable person period...ever.
Just disgusting. wtaf?

ID Nursing Board phone number....
(208) 577-2476.

After I first read how the Idaho nursing board had not identified absolute bars to licensure, I convinced myself that KK's license was not showing encumbered by nursys.com because KK had not been formally convicted in court.

But they've certainly shown that they're dedicated to their own rules when more than 8 months later the Idaho board of nursing never revoked her license.

MOO

After I first read how the Idaho nursing board had not identified absolute bars to licensure, I convinced myself that KK's license was not showing encumbered by nursys.com because KK had not been formally convicted in court.

But they've certainly shown that they're dedicated to their own rules when more than 8 months later the Idaho board of nursing never revoked her license.

MOO
Well, I wonder if we can help out with clarifying their perspective any?

Well just barf, we're up to April 10th now.

CDOC Offender Search
Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 04/10/2021

Next Parole
Hearing Date: Jan 2021
This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 10/10/2022

Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

Speaking of *advertiser censored* check -- I just found that Krystal Lee's nurse's licenses is still valid, Exp 8/31/2021, and status shows as "unencumbered." :eek:

NAME ON LICENSE TYPE LICENSE STATE LICENSE ACTIVE LICENSE STATUS LICENSE ORIGINAL ISSUE DATE LICENSE EXPIRATION DATE COMPACT STATUS
LEE, KRYSTAL JEAN RN IDAHO 38357 YES UNENCUMBERED (see history) 07/30/2008 08/31/2021 MULTISTATE

UNENCUMBERED means that the nurse has a full and unrestricted license to practice by the state board of nursing.

https://www.nursys.com/LQC/LQCViewReport.aspx

WHAT???

How in the name of Heck did she get her license renewed???

SMH.

Uh...gross!
Can we write to them and say, " hey did y'all know she helped burn the body of a murder victim to cover up her involvement in concealing the crime??"
Isn't that accessory after the fact?
She should not be in charge of any ill/vulnerable person period...ever.
Just disgusting. wtaf?

ID Nursing Board phone number....
(208) 577-2476.

I think filing a complaint might work.

ID Complaint Portal

Okay, I just found this post by @woundwarrior :

Rest assured the nursing license is a past issue. Any nurse with respect for the profession wants an UNencumbered license. Meaning the license is clean, the nurse is without any serious legal charges. She is in encumbered status indicating her board of nursing is aware of the charges against her. Revocation of her license will occur at the next state board of nursing review. These reviews happen at the State House, usually twice yearly. It will be quick without discussion. The board of nursing will not play with her. These meetings are open to the public. After the formal board decision and announcement KK will get notification of revocation for life. With her charges she will not have a reinstatement option. Never again to work as a licensed nurse. However, there are many health care positions that do not require a nursing license.

CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

I wonder what happened???

IMO, the likely workaround of a decision that's controlled by the Idaho Board of Nursing is that no hospital or clinic will ever want to hire KK. She still has to apply for the job. What good is a license if you can't use it!

And if somebody dared, I can envision it now -- protesters lining the entrance demanding KK not allowed near somebody's family member in the hospital. She'd be a serious distraction and cause to terminate her.

ETA: I should note that my posts are specific to the State of Idaho only.

The Idaho Board of Nursing that has the statutory authority to establish standards, criteria, conditions and requirements and to determine eligibility for nurse licensure and medication assistant certification.

Take note that Applicants for nurse licensure should be aware that federal laws barring individuals convicted of certain offenses from employment in the healthcare field, especially in institutions that receive public monies (e.g. Medicaid or Medicare), may preclude employment as a nurse even if a license is issued.

Last edited:
IMO, the likely workaround of a decision that's controlled by the Idaho Board of Nursing is that no hospital or clinic will ever want to hire KK. She still has to apply for the job. What good is a license if you can't use it!

And if somebody dared, I can envision it now -- protesters lining the entrance demanding KK not allowed near somebody's family member in the hospital. She'd be a serious distraction and cause to terminate her.
I hope that would happen. But people are not always aware.

I am not in the state of Idaho or Colorado. However, I do understand the nurse practice act and each state is required to have this regulatory document in place.
^^sbm

Unlike some state boards of nursing, the Idaho Board has not identified ‘absolute bars’ to licensure or certification.

However, evidence of any significant threat to the health or safety of the public will likely result in Board denial of an application.

Criminal history is decided upon on a case by case basis.

https://ibn.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/IBON/General/Criminal_Background.pdf

I should have made it clear that my post about KK still having a valid nurse's license is specific to IDAHO only. I apologize if this caused any confusion.

My post above is a direct quote from the Idaho Board of Nursing response to the following question:

Will past criminal conviction(s) affect my ability to become licensed/certified?

Idaho is a Nurse Compact state. If KK goes to another compact state with their own resident state rules barring felons from practicing in that state --she would be precluded employment as a nurse whether or not she has a valid nursing license issued by Idaho.

The Idaho Board of Nursing clearly acknowledges that while other states have rules that flat out reject any applicant with a felony conviction, IDAHO states they are not like most other states, and they will decide on criminal history on a case by case basis. And the Idaho Board of Nursing has the authority to do just that:

The Idaho Board of Nursing is granted statutory authority to establish standards, criteria, conditions and requirements and to determine eligibility for nurse licensure and medication assistant certification. Consistent with this authority, in protecting the public interest the Board may deny a licensure or certification application when the applicant’s criminal history warrants such action. Criminal history is evaluated on a case-by-case basis with consideration given to the type and context of the crime(s) and the applicant’s demonstrated behavior following the commission of the crime(s).

[..]

Unlike some state boards of nursing, the Idaho Board has not identified ‘absolute bars’ to licensure or certification. However, evidence of any significant threat to the health or safety of the public will likely result in Board denial of an application. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:

❖ Multiple or repeat criminal violations or patterns of similar/related offenses
❖ Criminal mistreatment of children or vulnerable adults
❖ Murder, felonious assault, kidnapping, rape or other crimes of violence against persons
❖ Demonstrated lack of rehabilitation or rehabilitation potential Applicants for nurse licensure should be aware that federal laws barring

It's the same with Federal laws. It's possible that if KK wants to stay in Idaho and the hospital/clinic receives federal dollars (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid), and KK's conviction violates the federal law, she may be precluded employment as a nurse [in Idaho] even with a valid license:

Applicants for nurse licensure should be aware that federal laws barring individuals convicted of certain offenses from employment in the healthcare field, especially in institutions that receive public monies (e.g. Medicaid or Medicare), may preclude employment as a nurse even if a license is issued.

Further questions may be directed to the Board of Nursing at (208) 577-2476.

https://ibn.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/IBON/General/Criminal_Background.pdf

Last edited:
It bothers me that my state is one of the pack state (for nurses). I seriously doubt she would move down here this far from her kids to work - but she could. That is frightening.

Your resident state guidelines will over-rules for compact states.

In other words, if the your state Board of Nursing rejects felons for licensure/certification, KK would be precluded employment as a nurse in your state-- whether or not she holds a valid Idaho license.

Reading a Washington blog (where Kelsey grew up), I'm reminded that KK's conviction for tampering with physical evidence, is a Class 6 felony in Colorado.

You may be very surprised if you look up licensing in your resident state. Actually, I found it pretty shocking.

For example, the same charge (tampering with physical evidence) in Washington is only a Gross Misdemeanor -- carries a maximum sentence of 364 days and $5,000 fine.

An application for nurse licensure in WA with a gross misdemeanor conviction (criteria based on a single incident) that occurred within the last 3 years will receive: Issue credential with sanctions.

If the conviction (criteria based on single incident) occurred 3-10 years ago, WA will issue the credential.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/6000/A21.07.pdf

I should have never started looking up Nurse licensure in other states!

The following link about Colorado and 5 other states not requiring background checks and relying on applicant "self-disclosure" of criminal convictions really upset me.

Colorado 1 of 6 states that doesn’t require criminal background checks for nurses – The Denver Post

Fortunately, the final rules for Nurse Licensure in Compact States effective Jan 1, 2019 changed this.

For example, the NLC previously did not require* applicants to undergo state and federal fingerprint-based criminal background checks, whereas the new eNLC
does.

*There's some kind of exception if you held a multi-state license in Nov 2017, and it's still unencumbered, you're not required to undergo the criminal background check unless applying to reinstate an expired license, or reactivate an inactive license.

Updated Map: Enhanced Nursing Licensure Compact (eNLC) May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member