CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some facts from the press I noted:

mother reported her missing to LE on 12.37pm dec 2nd

kelsey texted WORK on November 25th telling work she would not be in the following week

officers went to residence on dec 2nd ‘welfare check’ she was not there

mother reached out to fiance [are we allowed to name him yet or not since he is not a suspect?] saying he hadn’t heard from Kelsey since nov 25th when she texted him

the daughter was exchanged at Safeway on nov 22nd, child is now with father

Kelsey shopped with her daughter last sighting was 12.27pm nov 22pm

phone pinged 5.13pm Idaho on Nov 25th

home and vehicles have been searched

no suspects

mother last spoke to Kelsey 19 days ago

mother states:

Kelsey does not run off. out of character. loves her daughter and job. reliable, considerate, honest.

Journalists ask questions. LE answers:

Fiance isn’t there. he was invited. he is ‘co-operative at this time’

No indication that she has taken off in an aeroplane

the baby is with the father

nothing to indicate foul play

KB has lived in the area since 2016, he won’t comment on other factors which might have made her disappear

yes they searched the apartment, the buns were cold

they have not searched the fiance's apartment

Journalist asks to clarify that they have separate residences. Policeman is about to say he won't comment on their relationship when the mother interrupts to say 'they have never lived together'.

journalist - Why didn’t fiancee report her missing?

LE - ‘That’s a question we’ll have to ask [FIANCEE]’

They exchanged the daughter on Thanksgiving Day. It is still unclear who has primary custody.

The mother lives in Idaho.

No indication of danger to community.

No police records of DV.

Journalist asks to clarify fact that KB 'went missing' and THEN requested time off from work – via TEXT. LE says KB didn’t say why she was requesting time off. They end the press conference, saying that LE are asking the same questions.

A journalist asks if Fiancee is a suspect. The policeman says ‘at this time he is the father of her daughter, This is a missing persons case’

Hope I have reported all that accurately. {EDITED to remove accidental name}

Last edited:
Hmmm. That was a perfunctory got-national-media-attention-so-gotta-hold-a-press-conference type press conference, not a we-need-the-public's-help-so-sharing-all-we-know type press conference. Leads me to believe that have their man and are building their case.

Doesn't look good for the fiance.

My takeaways:
They exchanged custody of the baby Thanksgiving day. Fiance' "cooperating at this time". Fiance' hasn't heard from Kelsey since the 22nd and didn't report her missing. Kelsey reportedly texted she needed to be off the next week after Thanksgiving. She and Fiance' never lived together.

Here’s my problem here.

Fiancé didn’t report her missing.

The text message to her employer is something that only someone close to the victim does (assuming this is foul play).

A random abductor doesn’t do this, as he would be unaware of her work schedule, and this simply wouldn’t matter to him.

Someone was buying time, and the only person who would have an incentive to do that, is someone very close to home.

So two possibilities: She is missing on her own volition.

Foul play.

I’m leaning foul play, and I’m focused on one person.

I was wrong. She was off on Thanksgiving and then texted her employee for additional time off.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

kelsey texted WORK on November 25th telling work she would not be in the following week

mother reached out to fiance [are we allowed to name him yet or not since he is not a suspect?] saying he hadn’t heard from Kelsey since nov 25th when she texted him

no suspects

mother states:

Kelsey does not run off. out of character. loves her daughter and job. reliable, considerate, honest.

KB has lived in the area since 2016, he won’t comment on other factors which might have made her disappear

Journalist asks to clarify that they have separate residences. Policeman is about to say he won't comment on their relationship when the mother interrupts to say 'they have never lived together'.

LE - ‘That’s a question we’ll have to ask Patrick’

They exchanged the daughter on Thanksgiving Day. It is still unclear who has primary custody.

No police records of DV.

Journalist asks to clarify fact that KB 'went missing' and THEN requested time off from work – via TEXT. LE says KB didn’t say why she was requesting time off. They end the press conference, saying that LE are asking the same questions.

A journalist asks if Fiancee is a suspect. The policeman says ‘at this time he is the father of her daughter, This is a missing persons case’

Hope I have reported all that accurately.

Thanks for this.

"kelsey texted WORK on November 25th telling work she would not be in the following week"

I'd correct that to;

"SOMEONE WITH KELSEY'S PHONE texted WORK on November 25th telling work she would not be in the following week"...buying time

You don't text work and say your taking the week off....unless you want to get canned....Kelsey didn't make that text...whoever had her phone did it to buy time

and then there's this:

"journalist - Why didn’t fiancee report her missing?
LE - ‘That’s a question we’ll have to ask Patrick’ "

yeah, like they haven't already asked that

they ended the press conference before questioners understandably started zeroing in on the fiancee

not looking good for the fiancee at all...or for Kelsey Berreth, sad to say...very sad

Last edited:
Video shows Kelsey at store with baby.

I didn't see the video. Is this video with the baby the last time she was seen, at Safeway? If so, then she left with the baby and took it to its father? The baby is o.k. and accounted for, but she is not.

I should have watched the video.

no suspects

mother states:

LE - ‘That’s a question we’ll have to ask Patrick’

No police records of DV.

Hope I have reported all that accurately.
November 25 still jumps out to me. That's the date the mom requested LE to check on her daughter. That's the same date that the text to the employer is sent, and it's the same date her phone pings in Idaho.

I'd like to know the time of day of all those three events.

jmo

Thanks for this.

"kelsey texted WORK on November 25th telling work she would not be in the following week"

I'd correct that to;

"SOMEONE WITH KELSEY'S PHONE texted WORK on November 25th telling work she would not be in the following week"...buying time
Haaa. Exactly. She didn’t send that text, and the person who did had a vested interest in delaying the discovery of her disappearance.

A person who is very close to her.

A person not at that press conference.

Yeah I am confused by their relationship. He is still labeled as her Fiancee but they exchange custody of the child?
Yes, the "exchange" of the baby at the store seems like something a couple that is broken up would do.

If they are together, why didn't they celebrate Thanksgiving together?

Who were the cinnamon rolls for? As much as I love cinnamon rolls, I would not bake a whole batch for myself. They are generally a food to share. Who did she plan to share with....and why didn't they notice her missing?

jmo

Edited to add the word "not." I would not bake a whole batch for myself.

A couple of thoughts.

1. why deny that there is a parental separation when they are admittedly exchanging the child on Thanksgiving? Who does this except separated couples?

2. the text to work is not reliably actually sent by Kelsey. It's obvious, but worth pondering. IE who else could have sent it and why?

3. On similar lines, that text was sent the same day the phone pinged in Idaho. KB has family in Idaho but none of them have seen her.

4. It took a long time to establish on here that KB had family in Idaho. For a while, there was conflicting information - someone corrected my earlier post saying 'the missing poster is wrong'. I believe it was someone claiming to have inside information.

Here’s my problem here.

Fiancé didn’t report her missing.

The text message to her employer is something that only someone close to the victim does (assuming this is foul play).

A random abductor doesn’t do this, as he would be unaware of her work schedule, and this simply wouldn’t matter to him.

Someone was buying time, and the only person who would have an incentive to do that, is someone very close to home.

So two possibilities: She is missing on her own volition.

Foul play.

I’m leaning foul play, and I’m focused on one person.

Totally agree with you here. The other thing is I think that it is unusual to text your job for that much time off. Especially someone who is an instructor and would have appointments with students to reschedule. You would definitely want to chat with your supervisor about that.

Texting is for something quick. Or if you don't want your voice heard...? Because you aren't who the phone belongs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BDunnam