CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2021-03-08.jpg

Donthe Lucas found guilty of murdering pregnant woman Kelsie Schelling in Colorado

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - The verdict is in for the Donthe Lucas murder trial for the disappearance of Kelsie Schelling.

Lucas was found guilty of first-degree murder in the case. This is a developing story and this article will be updated throughout the evening.

Donthe Lucas was found guilty by a jury of killing 21-year-old Kelsie Schelling. Kelsie found out Feb. 4, 2013 she was eight weeks pregnant. That was also the day she went missing when she was on her way from Denver to Pueblo to discuss the pregnancy with Lucas. To this day, the body of Kelsie has not been recovered.

@Kasia Kerridge reporting live from parking lot says she was in the overflow room where a few friends of Kelsie were also seated and they cheered at news of guilty verdict.

Kerridge has been unable to speak to the prosecutor & Keslie's mother Laura Saxton and setting up for a presser now.

Watch Live

I'm so relieved for Laura and the rest of Kelsie's family. I feel like Laura deserves a lot of credit with this case even moving forward, let alone it resulting in a guilty verdict. I don't think there was a single day she wasn't pushing for their to be justice for her daughter.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...st-degree-murder-in-death-of-kelsie-schelling

DENVER – A Pueblo County jury found Donthe Lucas guilty Monday of first-degree murder in the 2013 death of his girlfriend, Kelsie Schelling, after just a few hours of deliberations.

The jury found Lucas guilty of first-degree murder in a verdict that was delivered just after 4 p.m. Monday. He will face life in prison without the possibility of parole — the mandatory sentence for first-degree murder convictions.

I'm so relieved for Laura and the rest of Kelsie's family. I feel like Laura deserves a lot of credit with this case even moving forward, let alone it resulting in a guilty verdict. I don't think there was a single day she wasn't pushing for their to be justice for her daughter.

I have no doubt that Laura Saxton and Kelsie's extended family made this happen. This was a case where nobody wanted to believe the hometown hero athlete could do wrong or did wrong, and how dare an outsider make such claims! Eight years too long and glad she lived to see justice for her child and unborn grandchild.

No winners-- but the truth at last.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024