CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police have found "evidence". The local news reports it was small enough to fit into 2 small paper bags.

From KOAA News 5:

Pueblo Police: Several items of evidence found in Schelling search

http://www.koaa.com/story/35155313/pueblo-police-several-items-of-evidence-found-in-schelling-search

"Investigators collected several items of evidence from the backyard of a Pueblo home Friday in connection with the 2013 disappearance of Kelsie Schelling.

The police aren't saying exactly what they recovered, but it was small enough to fit in some paper bags. An excavator has been digging in the backyard for last two days. Teams of workers would then sift through the dirt by hand to see what came up."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police have found "evidence". The local news reports it was small enough to fit into 2 small paper bags.

From KOAA News 5:

http://www.koaa.com/story/35155313/pueblo-police-several-items-of-evidence-found-in-schelling-search

"Investigators collected several items of evidence from the backyard of a Pueblo home Friday in connection with the 2013 disappearance of Kelsie Schelling.

The police aren't saying exactly what they recovered, but it was small enough to fit in some paper bags. An excavator has been digging in the backyard for last two days. Teams of workers would then sift through the dirt by hand to see what came up."

I'm very green in finding this case and it really caught my heart. I'm so glad they are going into that yard with a fine tooth comb. They have video evidence, he used her bank card and this has been free to move about w/ no consequences. This mom had to fight the fight alone with the public support but LE at the time seemed less than aggressive to push forward w/ this man.
May this dedicated mom finally get some relief knowing that he will face the reality of his (very likely) actions having killed her daughter and 8 week old baby just beginning to bud.
It's been way too long and RIP as LE digs for answers.
IMHO.

"In a press release, the PPD, which has been the subject of criticism from Schelling's family at various points during the four years-plus since Kelsie vanished, reveals that detectives with the agency, joined by representatives from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the Pueblo Parks and Recreation Department, "executed a search warrant in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive...where person of interest Donthe Lucas previously resided.""

From KOAA News 5:

Also from the above link:

""Of course we're looking for the conclusion and possibly a body, but we're saying right now is obviously we don't have a body," police said.

The search began in the backyard of a home in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive Thursday after police received a new lead into the case. The grandmother of Donthe Lucas, Kelsie's then boyfriend and a person of interest in the case, used to live at the home but sold it in January."

Anybody gotten any updates as to what they may have found as "evidence" during the search? Hopefully they found something helpful.

"Kelsie's mother, Laura Saxton, spoke to us Friday night:

“We appreciate all the very hard work that went into the excavation at Manor Ridge. We appreciate the cooperation of the homeowner, the hospitality of the neighbor for letting us take refuge in their yard. They fed the workers and made sure we had anything we needed. We have many long-term supporters and searchers who stood for hours waiting for news. We love and appreciate everyone who has offered support and prayers in whatever capacity they could.* Unfortunately, we still don’t have our Kelsie and Kadrie back, so we are devastated. We had so much hope. We prayed for a Good Friday or Easter miracle. It felt possible. So now, we will grieve and put ourselves back together to move on to the next step …we will never give up.”"

http://kdvr.com/2017/04/14/evidence-found-in-yard-of-home-linked-to-missing-denver-woman-police-say/

"FOX21 News went to a home four miles away where Lucas is currently staying. He said he had no comment, and his mother asked for privacy.

Schelling’s mother and those who have helped search for Schelling stayed close to the scene Thursday waiting for answers."

Snip

"“We’ve got to be meticulous about it,” said Sgt. Eric Gonzales. “You’re going through dirt and you gotta sift every inch of dirt that comes out of the ground. That’s what’s taking forever.”"

http://fox21news.com/2017/04/13/police-to-continue-search-for-schelling-friday/

Thank you for sharing the link about the evidence and Kelsie's mom's quote. Definitely feel horrible for her mother.

But it did say evidence found was linked to Kelsie. So who knows...

I do find it encouraging that her mom has posted the media links of them finding evidence. I mean she was on scene all day I'm sure she's aware of what they found.

Cell phone maybe? Hoping this finally leads to some answers and justice for kelsie and her child

I just listened to the True Crime Garage podcast about Kelsie & it gave me a little more insight as to why she was at Walmart, or why her car would've been at Walmart.

can you elaborate? I want to watch, but im at work so I cannot rn.

I just listened to the True Crime Garage podcast about Kelsie & it gave me a little more insight as to why she was at Walmart, or why her car would've been at Walmart.

I'm not sure what the podcast said, but it's my understanding she was @ Wal-Mart to meet her then boyfriend and father of her (unborn) child. He lived very close to the South Side Wal-Mart in our city Pueblo. She was from Denver so instead of going directly to his house I'm thinking they opted to meet at an easy to find location.

However, he never showed. So she went to his residence which is where they finally met up. She was never at the Wal-Mart again as after her car returned she was NEVER on any of the video. Only her boyfriend. He told police they went in and got snacks because she was hungry. He is seen exiting the driver side and being picked up by his mother.

The car sits a few days and "someone" returns (who had the keys last???? Her boyfriend) and the car is then driven from Walmart to unknown areas until it was finally dumped for good at St Mary Corwin on Pueblo's south side.

It just explained why she was at Walmart & went through texts sent to/from the bf. I didn't get to listen to all of it because I had to go back to work [emoji57], but I do plan on finishing it up this evening.

I'm not sure what the podcast said, but it's my understanding she was @ Wal-Mart to meet her then boyfriend and father of her (unborn) child. He lived very close to the South Side Wal-Mart in our city Pueblo. She was from Denver so instead of going directly to his house I'm thinking they opted to meet at an easy to find location.

However, he never showed. So she went to his residence which is where they finally met up. She was never at the Wal-Mart again as after her car returned she was NEVER on any of the video. Only her boyfriend. He told police they went in and got snacks because she was hungry. He is seen exiting the driver side and being picked up by his mother.

The car sits a few days and "someone" returns (who had the keys last???? Her boyfriend) and the car is then driven from Walmart to unknown areas until it was finally dumped for good at St Mary Corwin on Pueblo's south side.

They mentioned it had like a lot of miles on it or something, iirc. I listened to a couple podcasts today so I could be confused, but that stood out to me.

*All thoughts & opinions mentioned above are just that, MY random thoughts & opinions*

pics of the evidence they are bagging in the 2nd link. hmmm.

Can someone please post the pics or describe? I'm having major trouble with popups on that page. Tia.

Eta: Actually, maybe don't because I don't think LE would want that...I'll try to look from another device.

Can someone please post the pics or describe? I'm having major trouble with popups on that page. Tia.

Eta: Actually, maybe don't because I don't think LE would want that...I'll try to look from another device.

I don't think LE would mind? That link is our local news paper. It's literally in our newspaper. So..

15dc2c6a5158fa261fecc573e8e7b81d.jpg

Delete if this is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads