CO CO - Kelsie Schelling, 21, pregnant, Pueblo, 4 Feb 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had recently heard on a podcast about "red-light cases" .. basically cases that are always on your mind and whenever there is a brief moment of calm it creeps back into your thoughts. Poor Kelsie is mine - justice will come for her. It seems like they are inching closer.

The residence that once housed the family of Kelsie Schelling's boyfriend had a small fire Friday morning.

[...]

The report of the fire came in just before 6:30 a.m. at the 5000 block of Manor Ridge Drive in Pueblo. Crews arrived quickly and were able to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters tell 11 News the fire was mostly external, just outside the garage. There was just minor damage.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Fo...ellings-boyfriend-catches-fire-428905943.html

The residence that once housed the family of Kelsie Schelling's boyfriend had a small fire Friday morning.

[...]

The report of the fire came in just before 6:30 a.m. at the 5000 block of Manor Ridge Drive in Pueblo. Crews arrived quickly and were able to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters tell 11 News the fire was mostly external, just outside the garage. There was just minor damage.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Fo...ellings-boyfriend-catches-fire-428905943.html

Coincidence?? Things that make ya go hmmmmm

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, just been skimming through the pages here, I have a question that I may have missed apologies if this is brought up already. What would Donthe's motive be? Could it be because K was pregnant? Didn't want anything interfering with possible career? Or that he was going to be father to a mixed race child? Whats the general consensus here?

http://fox21news.com/2016/05/18/suspect-wanted-for-theft-of-missing-person-signs-in-pueblo/

Suspect is the one wearing a white shirt (upper left for hand side)
attachment.php

What in the name?! Is this some sort of group attempt at blocking justice?!? What is WRONG with people here? Is some person/s being paid to keep the guilty out of prison?! This is unbelieveable...

Anyone know the make/model of that van? It is pretty suspicious if you ask me. Who would go out of their way to take those signs down? Someone who knows something. Looks like a tall white male in the video, possibly one of Donthe's basketball buddies in Pueblo. Maybe one of his basketball teammates from his days at Central High School. Someone with the know-how should cross reference those names against owners of that make/model in the Pueblo area. I'm sure Donthe has gained much respect for his skills on the court and probably has some friends who got his back on anything whether they know if he did anything or not. Donthe could say he didn't do it and they'd believe him to the end, or, they might know he did it and they'd still never rat on their boy.

Personally, I believe there are dirty Pueblo cops that Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas, has connections with in some manner. I thought I read somewhere that she was a corrections officer in the Pueblo area. I need to dig that up again. I think that in the past, before Kelsie's disappearance, she either saw something, partook in something, or bribed Pueblo Police insiders. Or they owed her a favor. Something went down.

Here's a petition by Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas: https://www.change.org/p/city-of-pu...itizens-be-held-to-the-same-legal-standards-2
Sounds like she was trying to complain about being mistreated as a civil servant (as a corrections officer I believe). Who knows, it could be something like she was "Sexually harassed" by an officer who was a good pal of the detectives. Totally hypothetical, but that's kind of what I mean by her having inside connections in some way. Made 3 years ago. Nice timing. Maybe she created it to get them to lean in her direction because she knows their dirty business.

Links of interest:

My take on the case:

I can picture it now. Donthe was a rising star in his basketball days. His mother probably had great visions of Donthe being the next Michael Jordan. Even Donthe himself sported the jersey number 23. A future of riches and fame lay before him, before her, and before their whole family. But what a better way to foul their hoop dreams by Donthe knocking up a girl and becoming a father in his vital basketball career make-or-break years, a girl who, in Donthe's mind, was just a piece of meat to unleash his primitive male impulses while off the court.

In my opinion, there's no question about it. Donthe lured young, desperate mother-to-be, Kelsie, with text messages that hinted at a proposal of marriage ("I have something I want to give you..."), flip-flopping from wanting nothing to do with the baby, to all-embracing and fatherly in intentions. By that moment he made up his mind (he and his mother). Since this girl was keen on having that baby she had to go. The last thing Donthe needed was baggage to weigh down his ball, pulling down his dreams of being a basketball celebrity. Of course, this was his simple mind at work here, thinking in extremes.

How I think they did it: First he lured her to Walmart. Kelsie was actually a bit skeptical I think, gullible, yet, skeptical. Walmart doesn't sound too bad in itself, so she drove down their, 2 hours, albeit reluctantly. But Walmart isn't a safe place to kill someone. Too many people. It was just a trust-gaining locale. She drove 2 hours she won't turn back now...He gained her trust, now he needed to lure her somewhere darker, somewhere he knows, somewhere private: His own street of course. His own dark, quiet street less than a mile from the Walmart. His mother's/grandmother's house was on that street. They all lived there. He slipped out that night. They met there in the dark and that's when he did it.

Whatever he did. I don't even want to know. I think he drove her car with her body inside to a remote location outside of Pueblo and buried her in the desert. That, or the body in the nearby lake was more than just a bad "tip" but a massive cover-up. The black car has dust all over it if you look in the Walmart security videos when it's being parked there the next day at noon (when his mom picks him up). Dust from the desert or from around the lake? You decide. When the police retrieved the car at the hospital a week later it was freshly cleaned. I'll bet that $400 went to the car detailing bill, not his phone bill.

Of course, by now Donthe probably realizes he's not THAT good, and his B-Ball prime is over. He probably feels great cognitive dissonance for 1) not meeting his own expectations and 2) for taking two innocent lives to safeguard that dream and still not becoming much of anybody. Except...someone with a first name that can be Googled by itself and yield hideous, disparaging results.

Whats her pics for "we demand justice" all about? I'm really starting to think this whole case has racial aggravation intertwined it somehow. I wonder what the mother and grandmother thought/said about his relationship with Kelsie.

Anyone know the make/model of that van? It is pretty suspicious if you ask me. Who would go out of their way to take those signs down? Someone who knows something. Looks like a tall white male in the video, possibly one of Donthe's basketball buddies in Pueblo. Maybe one of his basketball teammates from his days at Central High School. Someone with the know-how should cross reference those names against owners of that make/model in the Pueblo area. I'm sure Donthe has gained much respect for his skills on the court and probably has some friends who got his back on anything whether they know if he did anything or not. Donthe could say he didn't do it and they'd believe him to the end, or, they might know he did it and they'd still never rat on their boy.

Personally, I believe there are dirty Pueblo cops that Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas, has connections with in some manner. I thought I read somewhere that she was a corrections officer in the Pueblo area. I need to dig that up again. I think that in the past, before Kelsie's disappearance, she either saw something, partook in something, or bribed Pueblo Police insiders. Or they owed her a favor. Something went down.

Here's a petition by Donthe's mother, Sara Jennene Lucas: https://www.change.org/p/city-of-pu...itizens-be-held-to-the-same-legal-standards-2
Sounds like she was trying to complain about being mistreated as a civil servant (as a corrections officer I believe). Who knows, it could be something like she was "Sexually harassed" by an officer who was a good pal of the detectives. Totally hypothetical, but that's kind of what I mean by her having inside connections in some way. Made 3 years ago. Nice timing. Maybe she created it to get them to lean in her direction because she knows their dirty business.

Links of interest:

My take on the case:

I can picture it now. Donthe was a rising star in his basketball days. His mother probably had great visions of Donthe being the next Michael Jordan. Even Donthe himself sported the jersey number 23. A future of riches and fame lay before him, before her, and before their whole family. But what a better way to foul their hoop dreams by Donthe knocking up a girl and becoming a father in his vital basketball career make-or-break years, a girl who, in Donthe's mind, was just a piece of meat to unleash his primitive male impulses while off the court.

In my opinion, there's no question about it. Donthe lured young, desperate mother-to-be, Kelsie, with text messages that hinted at a proposal of marriage ("I have something I want to give you..."), flip-flopping from wanting nothing to do with the baby, to all-embracing and fatherly in intentions. By that moment he made up his mind (he and his mother). Since this girl was keen on having that baby she had to go. The last thing Donthe needed was baggage to weigh down his ball, pulling down his dreams of being a basketball celebrity. Of course, this was his simple mind at work here, thinking in extremes.

How I think they did it: First he lured her to Walmart. Kelsie was actually a bit skeptical I think, gullible, yet, skeptical. Walmart doesn't sound too bad in itself, so she drove down their, 2 hours, albeit reluctantly. But Walmart isn't a safe place to kill someone. Too many people. It was just a trust-gaining locale. She drove 2 hours she won't turn back now...He gained her trust, now he needed to lure her somewhere darker, somewhere he knows, somewhere private: His own street of course. His own dark, quiet street less than a mile from the Walmart. His mother's/grandmother's house was on that street. They all lived there. He slipped out that night. They met there in the dark and that's when he did it.

Whatever he did. I don't even want to know. I think he drove her car with her body inside to a remote location outside of Pueblo and buried her in the desert. That, or the body in the nearby lake was more than just a bad "tip" but a massive cover-up. The black car has dust all over it if you look in the Walmart security videos when it's being parked there the next day at noon (when his mom picks him up). Dust from the desert or from around the lake? You decide. When the police retrieved the car at the hospital a week later it was freshly cleaned. I'll bet that $400 went to the car detailing bill, not his phone bill.

Of course, by now Donthe probably realizes he's not THAT good, and his B-Ball prime is over. He probably feels great cognitive dissonance for 1) not meeting his own expectations and 2) for taking two innocent lives to safeguard that dream and still not becoming much of anybody. Except...someone with a first name that can be Googled by itself and yield hideous, disparaging results.

Quite ironic isn't it! Evil gullible and i'm telling you if this is all true, those women-people who were supposed to GUIDE and protect him to a righteous life-are who actually led him to this, they will be on the next episode of Evil Women. And it is a damn shame for him if this is the case since your mother is the one you look to and believe has you always doing the right thing, having your back etc. this it too damn much!

Been awhile since I've read this case. So it's almost 4 years later. I take it Donthe did not accomplish his basketball dreams that were so all important to his mother that led to a motive of why Kelsie and the baby had to disappear?

When you think about it, that's a ridiculous motive anyway. Lots of star athletes have illegitimate children on the way to great sports fame and they don't murder them. Well, except maybe for Rae Carruth.

Kelsie Schelling went to visit her boyfriend in Pueblo after he asked her to come down from Denver. She never returned. Years later, her family is still looking for her.

Kelsie was 19 years old and eight weeks pregnant when she went missing on Feb. 4, 2013, her mother Laura Saxton said. She had driven down to Pueblo to meet her boyfriend Donthe Lucas and show him an ultrasound. Lucas has been called a person of interest in the case.

Kelsie was spirited, strong willed and had a contagious laugh. She also had beautiful eyes and a beautiful smile, Saxton said.

“We just want to find her,” she said. “We’re not giving up on finding her even though we’re getting close to five years.”

The Saxtons were one of the families who attended Missing in Colorado.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/12/missing-in-colorado-missing-persons/

kelsie-schelling-with-mother.jpg

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/08/12/missing-persons-cbi-lowry/

Been awhile since I've read this case. So it's almost 4 years later. I take it Donthe did not accomplish his basketball dreams that were so all important to his mother that led to a motive of why Kelsie and the baby had to disappear?

When you think about it, that's a ridiculous motive anyway. Lots of star athletes have illegitimate children on the way to great sports fame and they don't murder them. Well, except maybe for Rae Carruth.

Yes, but if there's no baby and baby mama to support, the money stays in the family.....

No one knows if that's the reason he killed her; we're all assuming it is. She was only 2 months along; could have lost the baby in the next month or so. My sons friends lost their pregnancy when she was 5 months. Now she's pregnant with twin boys due November

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation will breathe new life into a cold case involving a pregnant woman who went missing in 2013.

Kelsie Schelling, 21, was eight weeks pregnant when she disappeared four years ago.

The investigation and search for Kelsie Schelling will reopen Wednesday and will focus on the areas near where Schelling was last known to be in southwestern Pueblo.

Much more information at link below-

http://kdvr.com/2017/11/07/2013-cold-case-involving-a-missing-pregnant-woman-reopened-in-pueblo/amp/

049f0ae6749ba85d78cc2bd628dc87e7.jpg

I'm happy to hear this. Wish it was sooner for her families sake. I wonder what they found at the old residence?
Justice is coming Kelsie and baby. (I think she named him but I forget now:( )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The baby’s name is Kadrie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reading between the lines it sounds like the text of the ultrasound image was perhaps the first the bf had heard of a pregnancy? Has that been explicitly stated?

Authorities announced Tuesday multiple searches are being conducted in the Pueblo area in hopes of collecting enough evidence to bring charges in the Kelsie Schelling case. The renewed efforts were prompted by recent leads, but authorities declined to specify the nature of those leads...

[Donthe] Lucas has long been considered a suspect in the case but he has never been convicted on any charges. Investigators were at his home in April searching for evidence, but it’s not known what was found.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...issing-pregnant-denver-woman-kelsie-schelling

The investigation and search for Kelsie Schelling will reopen Wednesday and will focus on the areas near where Schelling was last known to be in southwestern Pueblo...

Schelling’s mother, Laura Saxton, said her daughter disappeared shortly after she texted a photo of her ultrasound to her ex-boyfriend, Donthe Lucas...

She reportedly texted a photo of her eight-week ultrasound to Lucas, then made the two-hour trip from Denver to Pueblo to meet Lucas at his request...

Lucas later withdrew $400 from an ATM using Schelling’s card. He was also seen driving her vehicle to the Walmart parking lot...

In April, authorities started excavating the backyard of a Pueblo home where Lucas once lived.

Investigators said they found evidence in the yard of the home in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive. They wouldn’t say what the evidence is, but said it was not a body.

http://kdvr.com/2017/11/07/2013-cold-case-involving-a-missing-pregnant-woman-reopened-in-pueblo/

Schelling's mother, Laura Saxton, told 11 News anchor Dianne Derby in a lengthy interview in 2015 that she knows her daughter is dead and believes Lucas is responsible. She filed a lawsuit against Lucas' family, several police officers and the city of Pueblo claiming police botched the investigation.

In the lawsuit, Saxton states the last text message Schelling ever sent was to Donthe Lucas at 12:32 in the morning on February 5, 2013 asking where he was and quote "complaining that she had been waiting for over an hour for him."

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Po...ecting-to-Kelsie-Schellings-ex-419388594.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214