Found Deceased CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The video at your link says Tim's widow also went to the search yesterday. What an amazing display of strength and support, it could not have been easy being there, triggering memories of her own nightmare of waiting and hoping. I can't imagine what this community and both families are going through right now given the history at this area. Hoping this day brings good news.
I’ve not read any mention of his having a cell phone. Sketchy service up there? Or have I just missed it in the small details? I know hindsight hindsight. But I wish solo hikers especially would consider carrying a gps tracker, SPOT.. something to help locate them in an emergency. Hoping they find him. Today!

I’ve not read any mention of his having a cell phone. Sketchy service up there? Or have I just missed it in the small details? I know hindsight hindsight. But I wish solo hikers especially would consider carrying a gps tracker, SPOT.. something to help locate them in an emergency. Hoping they find him. Today!

I haven't seen a cell mentioned, but if KR has one he might not have service.
In TW's case last year, LE had no cell or radio service. Here is a quote:

“It’s going to be an extensive process due to the terrain that they have to travel in order to get to where the body is, process the scene and get back out. Because where they are there is also no cell or radio service, which only adds to the time that it will take to process the scene.”
Missing mountain biker victim in homicide investigation

However before he disappeared, TW's phone did make a call, but it sounds like he was on Mt Herman Rd, and had not headed onto the trail yet at that point:

"The day of his disappearance, Tim Watkins approached the first of the NO SHOOTING signs on Mount Herman Road when his cell phone buzzed.

On a mountain bike ride in the foothills above Monument, he had inadvertently called a friend - a dreaded "butt dial." Watkins explained his mistake, the two shared a laugh, and he pedaled on."
Tim Watkins’ last ride: Unresolved murder of Palmer Lake mountain biking icon leaves community deeply unsettled

Last I heard was his cell was pinged at his house as he was leaving. Not great reception on the trails, at least not from our phones/providers. Praying today is the day. It's getting chilly at night, and he isn't dressed warmly. Praying for peace for his family and for him to be protected until they find him.

<modsnip>

Praying he is safe and found soon. My heart is aching for his parents, especially his mother, who tried warning him not to go and to at least bring a knife for protection. I can't imagine how scared she is, extra prayer for Mom, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you may post news articles from credible news sites on here. Nothing from Facebook or blogs, though.
Thank you!! I posted a link to a story from one of our news stations here with a video and the most recent info. Storms are heading into the area, so praying for safety of all that are involved, and praying it doesn't wash away any clues needed to find Kevin.

Yesterday I looked for a fb group devoted to the search and I didn't find anything. Is there any other source of local information?
There is a Tweet from EPC Sheriff, time stamp 2 hrs ago.
Search continued for missing 20 year old Kevin Rudnick. FFL and drones provided an aerial search. Efforts continue through the evening until dark pending weather conditions. Thank you to the 80+ local citizens and volunteer horses for their help.
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentDove