Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was an attempt to examine the lag in reporting that came from the suspect's home not a delay that came from WS. My concern was the report to authorities, LE.
If I had to guess, I would say that they probably looked for her themselves, called around, gave her time to come home on her own etc. The story that they were told by her step brother did not directly indicate she was in any serious danger and I think a lot of people would consider police involvement to be a last resort; especially if the family was already under the eye of CPS. JMO

Due to severe trauma the coroner was unable to establish an exact cause of death.

Do you know what that means?

Any number of her injuries would have been fatal.

Overkill.

Ugh. Agreed. One thing we haven't talked about is pure rage. Not everyone who beats someone to death is a psychopath. They may have various diagnoses or none at all. Just the type that gets easily enraged, injustice collectors, wife beaters, child abuser types, vengeful, feel the world owes them, etc.

We see cases every day of horrendous people who systematically torture their kids or step-kids to death or beat their wife to death. Most/many I would think are not psychopaths. They may have been raised with violence or were
never taught how to regulate their emotions because they were super spoiled and indulged. Given whatever they wanted. Everything they did justified by their parents or excused or denied. So when they are told no or not given attention they explode with rage. Or they just feel a ton of anger all the time and enjoy venting it.

One doesnt have to be a psychopath to be like that.

I thought that it was was for child *advertiser censored* and that fits with the person I am sure was him. Very immature and socially awkward with females, of any age. Sometimes the other men I worked with, would pull him up about how he would speak about his sexual exploits in mixed company. And it was JV that I think that I knew. Same facial characteristics. He had not changed much.

With utmost respect, I almost feel like the gist of this post is, "well, it's just child *advertiser censored* and since he's immature that's not a big deal and doesn't mean he wasn't successfully rehabilitated."

Child *advertiser censored* is a devastating and ugly crime. It destroys its victims. It has ripple effects that continue on in a destructive radius. I don't buy the "I'm attracted to babies because I'm immature" argument. Child *advertiser censored* is about victimizing, degrading and dominating innocent children. It's heinous. I had to review some when I interned at the federal public defender. I will never get that out of my mind. White, hot horror. That was my reaction. It makes me sweat to think of now.

People who view child *advertiser censored* are predators. Not immature. It's disgusting and clearly disastrous to the poor kids depicted.

The fact that one of these guys was viewing it shows that successful rehabilitation for kids who commit murder can be very difficult and in some cases close to impossible.

I'm all for anything we can do to try to treat violent minors. But protecting the next possible victim is the most important goal of all. And sometimes treatment can include keeping such minors locked away from society for the rest of their lives.

I think it depends on various factors. We shall see when the facts come out here.

With utmost respect, I almost feel like the gist of this post is, "well, it's just child *advertiser censored* and since he's immature that's not a big deal and doesn't mean he wasn't successfully rehabilitated."

Child *advertiser censored* is a devastating and ugly crime. It destroys its victims. It has ripple effects that continue on in a destructive radius. I don't buy the "I'm attracted to babies because I'm immature" argument. Child *advertiser censored* is about victimizing, degrading and dominating innocent children. It's heinous. I had to review some when I interned at the federal public defender. I will never get that out of my mind. White, hot horror. That was my reaction. It makes me sweat to think of now.

People who view child *advertiser censored* are predators. Not immature. It's disgusting and clearly disastrous to the poor kids depicted.

The fact that one of these guys was viewing it shows that successful rehabilitation for kids who commit murder can be very difficult and in some cases close to impossible.

I'm all for anything we can do to try to treat violent minors. But protecting the next possible victim is the most important goal of all. And sometimes treatment can include keeping such minors locked away from society for the rest of their lives.

I think it depends on various factors. We shall see when the facts come out here.

Once again, @gitana1 - your eloquence and straightforward ways make me such a fan of your posts. Brava!

Ugh. Agreed. One thing we haven't talked about is pure rage. Not everyone who beats someone to death is a psychopath. They may have various diagnoses or none at all. Just the type that gets easily enraged, injustice collectors, wife beaters, child abuser types, vengeful, feel the world owes them, etc.

We see cases every day of horrendous people who systematically torture their kids or step-kids to death or beat their wife to death. Most/many I would think are not psychopaths. They may have been raised with violence or were
never taught how to regulate their emotions because they were super spoiled and indulged. Given whatever they wanted. Everything they did justified by their parents or excused or denied. So when they are told no or not given attention they explode with rage. Or they just feel a ton of anger all the time and enjoy venting it.

One doesnt have to be a psychopath to be like that.

True. My bipolar son had anger issues growing up. He's an adult now and on his own. Yay! But mood disorders and negative cognitive thinking (not necessarily logical) can absolutely trigger anger. He never crossed the line physically FORTUNATELY.
Looking back now I think jeezy peezy!! But as bad as it got, I am thankful it wasn't worse. I also had 2 girls in the household. Girls were petite little, and my son was 6'. I guess you get the picture. They just tried to avoid him and I just kinda 'let' his annoyance focus on me. Seemed to be the best scenario in a tough situation. Prayed a real lot as well. My heart goes out to those who have drama in their homes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The DA is going to seek adult charges. (3rd paragraph)

Murder charges filed against 15-year-old for Kiaya Campbell's death

The District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday charges of murder against a 15-year-old over the death of Kiaya Campbell, a Thornton 10-year-old.

Charges against the 15-year-old currently include first-degree murder, murder after deliberation and murder of a child. Those charges are in a juvenile court currently, blocking the release of the suspect's name.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...against-15-year-old-for-kiaya-campbells-death

I'm glad they were able to determine that the horrendous nature of this case warranted an adult punishment.

Perhaps the father wasn't home? Maybe that's why she was the the 15 year old.

IMO

Thank you...

actually... The question I had particularly was wondering why the sister was the one that called when she was at the Mom's home (I thought)...

:thinking:

100% agree

<modsnip>

So sorry for this poor family and what they have and will continue to go through. There's no easy answer.

here's a thought................maybe the suspect had been doing "things" to kiaya- she threatened to tell......so he snapped on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee