Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange that there are two charges, one being first degree murder with intent and the other being is Murder by a person in a position of trust. It makes me wonder if Aiden was considered Kiaya's babysitter or something. Any thoughts on that second charge?

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/crime/...ree-murder-in-kiaya-campbells-death/449027438
He was charged with first-degree murder in Adams County Court.
“We formally filed two counts of first-degree murder. The first count is intent and after deliberation murder. The second count is what’s called murder of a child under the age of 12 by a person in a position of trust; both of those are class one felonies,” said Adams County District Attorney Dave Young.

https://www.google.com/amp/denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/14/kiaya-campbell-thornton-murder/amp/

here's a thought................maybe the suspect had been doing "things" to kiaya- she threatened to tell......so he snapped on her.

RSBM

Has it been stated in msm if there is evidence of a SA ? :(
I was getting more of a 'rage/jealousy' vibe.....

Our now 25 year old son had a few issues with both of us when he was 16.... we managed to get through it relatively unscathed.
Too many rules, he would say. ;)

Can't imagine what it's like for blended families--- especially if things start 'falling apart'.

Not making any excuses for what this monster has done. He is a liar as well as a murderer. "... we were separated during a rain storm....blah blah....."
:moo:

And at 15 years old , my son certainly knew darn well right from wrong !!!
It's not some case where a 5 year old accidentally shoots a younger sibling---- this was premeditated ; imo.

2 counts murder after reluctance, murder of a child under 12.

I can't get over how the sister had to call 911. I mean, I am glad she did, but wouldn't you expect her to call one of the parents first, then the parents call 911? Were they even home? Unreachable?
SABBM

Good points !
There doesn't seem to be any reliable timeline --I don't even know if Kiaya HAS a sister !!
And (no offence) MSM hasn't been much help !
The only "facts" stated were that the two of them went to the store... and the killer returned home saying they were separated in a storm.
What were her dad and his gf doing that they didn't raise the alarm sooner than 1am ?
Were they not at home ?
Makes no sense at all.
:moo:

Does anyone here think that she was missing for longer than the time they say? Could she have been missing for days? Just a question.

Moo

Does anyone here think that she was missing for longer than the time they say? Could she have been missing for days? Just a question.

Moo

RSBM

Hmmm....
Also, we don't know who saw her last outside of family.

What do you think the reporter means by this?

Kiaya's body was found ravaged in a grassy area about one mile from her home on Thursday.

http://www.krdo.com/news/state-regional-news/da-seeking-adult-murder-charges-for-15-yr-old-accused-of-killing-thornton-girl/542262694

That is such a terrifying word to use. I have heard it used in instances where animals had gotten to the body. I almost hope this was the case and it wasn't used to describe injuries her attacker did that caused her tragic death. RIP sweet girl.

New thread coming up.

This thread will be closing in about 10 minutes.

The DA is intent on trying Aiden Zellmer, a 15-year-old boy, on two counts of first-degree murder. What do you think of his strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz