Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am surprised at all the locals here, especially since I haven't seen some of you guys in NOCO (which is still unsolved btw, 2 years later :( ). Glad to see everyone here!

Amount of locals is surprising me also :) I don't post much but have read on this site for many, many years. I finally took the time to join for Jessica Ridgeway but I don't remember very many locals for her case. Seemed like just a few of us where as there seems to be a lot more now. It's great to see.

Yep. I was reading back from page 1 just to get an account and it seems lots of folks had their hinkey meters go off pretty early:(

I think my, and everyone else's, hinky meters went off with the story that they were separated in the sudden rain storm at 7:30pm. I remember the rain well that night. I was running around in my backyard trying to find one of my son's baseball gloves with thunder and lightning going off right overhead. However, that storm did not arrive until closer to 10pm. There is simply no way the timeline given made any sense.

I think my, and everyone else's, hinky meters went off with the story that they were separated in the sudden rain storm at 7:30pm. I remember the rain well that night. I was running around in my backyard trying to find one of my son's baseball gloves with thunder and lightning going off right overhead. However, that storm did not arrive until closer to 10pm. There is simply no way the timeline given made any sense.

"Neighbors told 9NEWS they do not believe it was raining at the time."
http://www.9news.com/news/local/body-found-in-thornton-confirmed-to-be-missing-girl-/446829048

"Heidi Williams, Thornton Mayor, released the following statement.*

On behalf of the Thornton City Council, I want to express our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Kiaya Campbell. Today we mourn with all those in our city and beyond that feel the loss of such a beautiful child. We pray for strength and compassion for those close to Kiaya in the coming days and weeks.

The Thornton community demonstrated its amazing spirit of togetherness and concern yesterday as literally hundreds of volunteers came together in a very short amount of time to help find Kiaya. Seeing all of these people with deep concern and resolve to help a child is a clear reminder for all to see that we live in a very special community."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-of-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell?page=2

The problem that I have with this is that the fifteen year old boy was the last person claimed to have been with her. Why would he be implicated in that way?

Qmfr, Mayor's statement continued at another link (it appears thedenverchannel only posted it partially):

"Heidi Williams, Thornton Mayor, released the following statement.*

On behalf of the Thornton City Council, I want to express our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Kiaya Campbell. Today we mourn with all those in our city and beyond that feel the loss of such a beautiful child. We pray for strength and compassion for those close to Kiaya in the coming days and weeks.

The Thornton community demonstrated its amazing spirit of togetherness and concern yesterday as literally hundreds of volunteers came together in a very short amount of time to help find Kiaya. Seeing all of these people with deep concern and resolve to help a child is a clear reminder for all to see that we live in a very special community."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-of-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell?page=2

"We also express our most sincere gratitude to all of the agencies and dozens of law enforcement and emergency personnel that came to aid in this effort. Thornton had teams from throughout the state, along with federal agencies, that responded quickly and effectively to help. Thornton’s close partnership with Adams County Five Star Schools was invaluable yesterday and we appreciate and admire the high level of responsiveness and access provided to our emergency personnel and the community we all serve.

We also appreciate the patience of the community as our police department continues to look into the circumstances of this matter.""

Police: Death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell now a homicide investigation
http://kdvr.com/2017/06/09/thornton...ursday-as-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

"“We’re at the beginning of a very, very large investigation,” Avila said. “We’re following every issue including the weather.”

Police and rescue workers searched culverts Thursday in case a flash flood possibly had swept the girl away. But several neighbors said the rain was not heavy and there was no flooding.

“There were no rushing torrents on this creek,” said a man who lives next to the creek, which was still surrounded Friday by yellow crime tape. “It makes me very sad, and angry and upset that I was not there to help when she needed it.”

The man said police knocked on his door Thursday night and asked whether he had a surveillance camera that may have recorded the child, but the man did not. Police also asked if he had heard anything, but he had not."

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/09/thornton-police-death-investigation/

Agree. I didn't even think of a rain storm but instead a quick loud lightning storm was more likely in my mind.

Sadly expected this outcome, I had a bad feeling about her last been seen with a 15 year old boy out at night. I think shes either going have been killed at the house or the 15 year old took her out alone and did something to her

I wish we knew more about the reason the 15 yr old and 10 yr old were out together, on the way to the mall.

Sadly expected this outcome, I had a bad feeling about her last been seen with a 15 year old boy out at night. I think shes either going have been killed at the house or the 15 year old took her out alone and did something to her

Sadly I did too. I'll be very surprised if the 15 yr old is not responsible.

More photos here of the "ravine" if someone can please post, tia:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/09/thornton-kiaya-campbell-adams-county/

(3 photos: "The search surrounding the ravine where Kiaya’s body was found (credit: CBS)" )

The search surrounding the ravine where Kiaya’s body was found

kiaya-campbell-search-thornton.jpg
thornton-missing-child-5pkg_frame_1068.jpg
thornton-missing-child-5pkg_frame_904.jpg

It looks like the location is right off of the road. I wonder if a car was used in disposal of her body (in which case we have more suspects/participants). Looking forward to an arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member