Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is MOO, but is it also possible she was trying to meet someone she had been talking to online and the 15-year-old was trying to cover for her? It's clear she had social media accounts, maybe she met someone and had plans to run away with them. That could account for the backpack and the reason she was found in a place that was not near where the boy said they were. It's sad to think, but it has happened before.

:welcome4:
I have wondered about this just because she was vulnerable to predators because of her SM. I think the simplest answer is it is whoever saw her last, but stranger things have happened. Also, the fact LE, when asked if the 15 year old was a suspect did not answer, may provide a clue? I guess that part is hard to say since they really have been tight lipped.

True. I mostly am just hoping a 15-year-old didn't ruin their life I suppose. I also know how vulnerable kids can be online. Having seen it first hand, that was where my mind went first thing.

:welcome4:
I have wondered about this just because she was vulnerable to predators because of her SM. I think the simplest answer is it is whoever saw her last, but stranger things have happened. Also, the fact LE, when asked if the 15 year old was a suspect did not answer, may provide a clue? I guess that part is hard to say since they really have been tight lipped.

I'm sorry, I meant to quote you, but my phone had other ideas apparently.

[video=twitter;873639968358498305]https://twitter.com/denverpost/status/873639968358498305[/video]

Thornton police still following tips surrounding 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell’s death

The Thornton Police Department said Saturday that it is continuing to follow leads and tips on the death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell, which is being investigated as a homicide.

The department thanked the public for its help and has said that it already has collected a large amount of evidence. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping in the investigation.

Maybe she was going to tell something, someone got angry and scared. Then taken to an area of town unfamiliar? Moo.
Also maybe I missed it but, was it a sure thing they were headed to the shopping center, did anyone see them as opposed to the area she was discovered in, or is that just part of the story that is being told? In other words, maybe they were "supposed" to go to one area but instead went in the opposite direction?

Last, personally having a son 11, I would not let him out to "walk" 12 blocks knowing it was going to storm. And by the sound of it, it started a hard rain shortly into their trip. IJS. Moo of course.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The back pack bothers me. Unless Kiaya was in the habit of taking it shopping it peaks my interest. Did she think she was going to the mall? I really want to know what was in it. Now that I think of it initially LE described the back pack so it would be safe to assume it was missing. I don't recall LE stating the back pack was found with her?

Yeah, as far as I know LE hasn't said anything about Kiaya's backpack or anything else she may have had with her but I took a screen shot from video last night that showed a few bags of evidence. The article has since been updated and I can't find that image now, but it definitely came from the KDVR website.

The bag in front has the words "Bottle w/ liquid from backpack" written on it, which leads me to believe (IMO) that LE has Kiaya's backpack

And FWIW, my youngest (adult) daughter still carries a backpack instead of a purse so it's hard to know why Kiaya had a backpack with her.

KDVR evidence bag.jpg
http://kdvr.com/2017/06/09/thornton...ursday-as-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

Yeah, as far as I know LE hasn't said anything about Kiaya's backpack or anything else she may have had with her but I took a screen shot from video last night that showed a few bags of evidence. The article has since been updated and I can't find that image now, but it definitely came from the KDVR website.

The bag in front has the words "Bottle w/ liquid from backpack" written on it, which leads me to believe (IMO) that LE has Kiaya's backpack

And FWIW, my youngest (adult) daughter still carries a backpack instead of a purse so it's hard to know why Kiaya had a backpack with her.

View attachment 118143
http://kdvr.com/2017/06/09/thornton...ursday-as-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

Excellent find! Thank you for sharing!

Says Kroger bottle on the evidence bag. Kroger is a King Soopers brand. Had she already been to King Soopers?

This is MOO, but is it also possible she was trying to meet someone she had been talking to online and the 15-year-old was trying to cover for her? It's clear she had social media accounts, maybe she met someone and had plans to run away with them. That could account for the backpack and the reason she was found in a place that was not near where the boy said they were. It's sad to think, but it has happened before.

I think this is very possible. Possibly run away or even just hang out with someone she met online. Older kids often cover for younger ones in things they really shouldn't because they don't have very good judgement at times.

Says Kroger bottle on the evidence bag. Kroger is a King Soopers brand. Had she already been to King Soopers?

Maybe. But I also buy 24 pks of Kroger water for the house. But they have other Kroger drinks as well. She may have brought the bottle from home for the walk?

Maybe. But I also buy 24 pks of Kroger water for the house. But they have other Kroger drinks as well. She may have brought the bottle from home for the walk?
I was thinking the same, but it says 64 oz. bottle. That's a lot of liquid to bring for a walk.

.... unless....it was spiked and they were going to 'hang out' somewhere and drink it. I don't know if that's likely, but it's possible. Probably more likely that it was just purchased.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<mod snip>

Welcome to Websleuths Bertnie20 thank you for joining us.

Kroger is the name of a major chain of grocers. Are there Kroger Food Stores in CO? Sounds like a store brand, gallon-sized, milk or water jug to me.

I just am sick over this. She was just a baby. She was only 10 years old! :tantrum:

[video=twitter;873683065159200772]https://twitter.com/lancehernandez7/status/873683065159200772[/video]
Lance Hernandez @lancehernandez7
Thornton PD will rope off area where girl's body was found so trained search dogs can comb area.

I wonder if LE is looking for something or if they're just double-checking.

Kroger is the name of a major chain of grocers. Are there Kroger Food Stores in CO? Sounds like a store brand, gallon-sized, milk or water jug to me.

I just am sick over this. She was just a baby. She was only 10 years old! :tantrum:

In Colorado, Kroger stores are called King Soopers.

A few posts have been removed. Please keep in mind WS's social media rules when posting. :tyou: If you have any questions, you can contact any moderator and we'd be happy to help clarify!

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them. &#8203;

Yes, King Soopers is part of the Kroger brand so they have a lot of Kroger branded goods on the shelves. From wikipedia "King Soopers is a supermarket brand of Kroger in the Rocky Mountains of the United States; it has its headquarters in Denver, Colorado."

Who saw her at the corner of 129th? Was that from the 15 year old's statement or were they both seen via surveillance
or another witness?

Didn't they take evidence out of her father's girlfriend's house? I wonder how old the other boy (brother) was and if he was home too. And what about the sister?

Depending on who sighted her last is important. I'm wondering if they ever left the house and whatever happened, happened there and she was somehow transported to the creek not far from the house. They (he) came up with the story to make it jive with where the body was found.

The reports about police having to go to the house because the 2 boys fought with each other is a red flag.
They are probably very angry boys for many reasons.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member