Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the act took place where she was found. I can't see someone transporting a body to that area... it's surrounded by houses and people walk through that area. I went past there today on my way back from the store and there's a playground in that area. I wonder if she was there at any point. Did it attract her to that particular area?

I've been following this sad case and first I wish the family of this child to find the strength to live the difficult times ahead. Also for her friends and all the ones who loved and knew her. She was only 10 years! The comunity and even all of us who have the knowledge of so many crimes against children, we also need strength and hope in life as it is not easy to know there are so many twisted persons amongst us who don't value the greatest gift of life :(
I thought that by now the LE would have someone arrested and I hope it doesn't take long for justice to Kiaya to be served. From my searches around the SM I think that the father's girlfriend (mother of the teenager who went for a walk with Kiaya) goes by the name of BB. Am I right? Sometimes I get things wrong as English is not my language. Thank you.

I too am surprised at all the locals here, especially since I haven't seen some of you guys in NOCO (which is still unsolved btw, 2 years later :( ). Glad to see everyone here!

NOCO is the random shootings right? I can't see your siggy from Tapatalk but I think that's you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amount of locals is surprising me also :) I don't post much but have read on this site for many, many years. I finally took the time to join for Jessica Ridgeway but I don't remember very many locals for her case. Seemed like just a few of us where as there seems to be a lot more now. It's great to see.

This is also when I joined and this case reminded me of Jessica's at first (especially talk of the backpack). Hi to all the Colorado peeps!

Crime victims and their families in Colorado are entitled to funeral and burial expenses, etc through Crime Victim Compensation. The is not necessary for expenses pertaining to Kaiya, imo

http://www.crimevictimcompensation.org/
No it probably isn't required but it will take some pressure off her mum for at least a little while. Her mums been through a lot so if it can ease this time in her life in anyway then I hope it does.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I thought that by now the LE would have someone arrested and I hope it doesn't take long for justice to Kiaya to be served. From my searches around the SM I think that the father's girlfriend (mother of the teenager who went for a walk with Kiaya) goes by the name of BB. Am I right? Sometimes I get things wrong as English is not my language. Thank you.

I too was hoping that LE had enough information collected to make an arrest... but perhaps the abundance of evidence is really making them take their time to get it all organized and analyzed.

As far as the social media of the father's girlfriend... in my opinion those are not the correct initials. The one I was looking at was online until sometime this afternoon - and now it is not visible.

I'm from Colorado as well - and it hits home to see pics of the beautiful girl, taken way too soon. Hoping for some answers soon!

I too was hoping that LE had enough information collected to make an arrest... but perhaps the abundance of evidence is really making them take their time to get it all organized and analyzed.

As far as the social media of the father's girlfriend... in my opinion those are not the correct initials. The one I was looking at was online until sometime this afternoon - and now it is not visible.

I'm from Colorado as well - and it hits home to see pics of the beautiful girl, taken way too soon. Hoping for some answers soon!

I agree with those not being the correct initials. Also, I see you have been here for a bit, but this is your first post but still wanted to say :welcome:

MOO

Since an arrest has yet to be made, I am thinking that more than one person is involved. Nobody has caved yet and LE are forced to wait for DNA or other evidence to prove the point. If teenagers are involved, and I believe they are, they are still covering for each other and parents are moving in to protect them.

I'm not so sure this was something that just happened. I don't think it was something that got out of hand. I think it was intended.

MOO and all that jazz.

Wonder if she could have been hit by a car, driver panicked because of illegal issues, and moved her body to where she was found? That just came to my mind when I read that body had severe trauma.

This has been theorized in many, many cases, but has never turned out to be what happened. Would be "nice" to think that perhaps it was accidental, then a panic, but I doubt it.

No it probably isn't required but it will take some pressure off her mum for at least a little while. Her mums been through a lot so if it can ease this time in her life in anyway then I hope it does.

Sure- but her mom qualifies for services and compensation from the same Fund/org. It is nice to see the state of Colorado has such a comprehensive program- as many victims do not get much public media exposure. This fund also limits the amount of public exposure and commentary if one does not want to be in the spotlight

The version of events told by the boy make no sense. He saw her last. Start there.

And when we were teens we may not have wanted to hang out with 10 year olds but I will be NONE of us would have left a 10 year old behind, miles from home, to make her own way back. Rain or no rain.

Rubbish. Squeeze him.

RSBM

Hopefully his parents or other adults aren't "protecting" him !
IMO
Until he is cleared,that's the starting point to finding out what happened.
Does LE need a warrant to gather DNA from minors ?

I think it is the child on child crimes/murders that are the hardest to understand. It just leave so much pain for all of the families, on many levels-with no closure.
I hope that this isn't what has happened here.

JMO

I wonder if Kaiya had the backpack to carry groceries home on the long walk back from King Soopers. A 64oz bottle would be fairly heavy to carry that distance. Maybe something happened on the way back from the grocery.

Thus far my .02 is that she may have inadvertently stumbled upon something she wasn't supposed to see........... Or someone(s) thought she 'knew something' ?
What could a 10 year old have possibly done to send someone into a homicidal rage ?? :(

IMO LE is just dotting all their I's and crossing all their T's. They have a lot of evidence to sort through

IMO LE is just dotting all their I's and crossing all their T's. They have a lot of evidence to sort through

Me too. I don't think any of us will be surprised to learn how this ends.

Thus far my .02 is that she may have inadvertently stumbled upon something she wasn't supposed to see........... Or someone(s) thought she 'knew something' ?
What could a 10 year old have possibly done to send someone into a homicidal rage ?? :(

Sometimes just being a girl. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member