Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know it took a long time and murdered her over and over?

I'm just wondering where people are getting this info from.

I think it's the mentions of 'severe trauma', too many injuries to pinpoint cause of death by the ME etc that brings that conclusion

JMO I suppose. They are unable to determine COD and is has been noted this was a traumatic death. He either beat, cut, strangled her...maybe all? Whatever he did, he did a lot and to me that means he took some time, enough time to kill her more than once if that were possible.

Because of that thinking our prisons are overpopulated, our crime rates are astounding, and we are not safe. Our children will continue to die.

Swift justice is an effective deterrent. Passive consequences with long drawn out appeals is not.

Sorry, but there are many studies showing that the death penalty is no deterrent at all. Most people who commit crimes that are punished by death don't care one way or the other. The majority thinks they will never be caught.

Also, the judicial system in the US is not exactly the best. How many persons have not been proven innocent even though they spent years in death row. An how many more innocent persons are at death row right now?

I will not go into the rights or wrongs of death penalty as such, but until the day that you actually are 100% sure someone is guilty this is just a barbaric way to get revenge.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

COD could not be determined due to extensive injuries. This is known as overkill. But it doesn't have to take a long time.

This is just my opinion without a link, but I have a friend who is a psychiatrist. He says that he does not treat sociopaths and some psychopaths, because there is not really anything you can do to modify their behavior. I'm sure there are different opinions on this among these professionals, but according to him, this is a popular belief among psychiatrists.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

RBBM

I've heard the same from a friend who is a psychologist. She doesn't treat sociopaths or psychopaths for the same reason.

ETA: Kiaya's Family and Friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cherubWithCandle_smaller.jpg
    cherubWithCandle_smaller.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 400
From the pictures of the area where she was found, it looks like it was not that far from some houses...Did the crime take place there? With a beating, it seems that there would have been some screaming that would have gotten people's attention. And if it happened at the house, wouldn't it have been difficult to transport her body to that location? Not sure if vehicles had access or not...Could the 15 year old drive? Did he have help? Any thoughts?

I'll have to go back and see if I can find the article, but one of the neighbors were interviewed about when another neighbor came to his house and said that he'd found the missing 10-year old. The neighbor who lived nearby the area where Kiaya was found, said that he also thought he heard a scream coming from the area the night she went missing.

ETA link: "Neighbors say they saw the girl's body in the woods behind their homes, and they say it wasn't buried or covered. One neighbor said he thought he heard a scream from the area that night."
http://www.koaa.com/story/35628398/...es-in-area-where-childs-body-found-in-thorton

Sorry, but there are many studies showing that the death penalty is no deterrent at all. Most people who commit crimes that are punished by death don't care one way or the other. The majority thinks they will never be caught.

Also, the judicial system in the US is not exactly the best. How many persons have not been proven innocent even though they spent years in death row. An how many more innocent persons are at death row right now?

I will not go into the rights or wrongs of death penalty as such, but until the day that you actually are 100% sure someone is guilty this is just a barbaric way to get revenge.

"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

I believe this. You are free to disagree.

"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

I believe this. You are free to disagree.

Where is the quote from?

And yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions. In my opinion it would be nice if these opinions where based on facts. But that is just my opinion...,

It's a little unfair to call an entire branch of medicine a fail just because it cant help every case. Some people die during surgery but we dont say surgery is a fail. Yeah maybe it can't always help with severe cases but it saves lives everyday. Without psychologists i would litterally be dead and so would a lot of people I know. Calling a life saving branch of medicine a "complete fail" seems a bit harsh. JMO
Right. This is why medicine is a practice . It's literally practice.

And what is even sicker.............this was done in a ditch right behind homes, and a school.

Where is the quote from?

And yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions. In my opinion it would be nice if these opinions where based on facts. But that is just my opinion...,

The quote is from the Bible--Ecclesiastes 8:11.

Where is the quote from?

It's from the Bible, and I believe it.

Mod Note

Hey everyone, opinions on the death penalty are going to differ and that's expected; however, the death penalty is not even relevant in this case at this time because the only person who has been arrested thus far is a 15 year old boy. Per the link I posted upthread this morning, the Supreme Court ruled that juveniles under age 18 cannot be executed.

Furthermore, it is fine to speculate about mental illness to a point, but we do not have any confirmed information about the 15 year old boy's mental health history.

Also, a friendly reminder that LE has not released the identity of the 15 year old boy to the public at this time. Please do not post his name or anything regarding his identity until LE releases that information to the public.

Thank you!

I would agree with you, i have often felt this way. But I am reserving the right to throw that whole philosophy out the window depending on the cause and manner of death. Some people are not fixable. Depending on the violence factor. The torture component (if there is one) the injuries, etc. If they are severe enough I wouldn't ever want to see this person free again. 15 or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yep. IMO, even a ten year old who could make someone suffer to a brutal death could be a lost cause.

“It’s still ongoing, and there are still things to tie up at this time,” said Officer Victor Avila, Thornton Police Department spokesman. “That’s why we’re keeping it close to the vest … to make sure we get a successful prosecution at the end of this.”
Detectives with the Thornton police arrested a 15-year-old boy at 11:38 p.m. Saturday for investigation of first-degree murder before booking him and transporting him to the Adams County juvenile detention facility.

Because he is a juvenile, his name will not be released, Avila said.

~snip

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/11/thornton-police-arrest-15-year-old-kiaya-campbell-murder/

There's not much difference between a 10 year old and a 15 year old in the big picture. They are both children who have not yet developed into adults with adult level cognitive development.

It is important to remember that all Western countries view "an eye for an eye" death penalty punishment as barbaric - except the USA. The USA is aligned with the Middle East regarding vengeance for murder.

Our system in this country is not "eye for eye" or "vengeance" based. I see the death penalty as assurance that particular criminal will never be able to do the same horrific act as they have been convicted of prior. I also see it as a deterrence to other criminals, that the idea that they could pay with their life for certain crimes may cause them to not do something they would otherwise do.

An eye for an eye doesn't actually bother me personally, if someone tortures another to death I would have no issue if they were to be tortured to death. That is light years from how our laws work however.

To say we are aligned with the Middle East in our thinking is absolutely wrong. We do not behead, stone to death or otherwise use the death penalty for adultery, or women wearing unapproved clothing, or the numerous other things women are murdered for in the Middle East. We do not condone murder for gays, or being of a different religion, or the long list of other things people are murdered for in the Middle East.

Not all states here even have the death penalty but those that do allow it only in narrowly and distinctly defined circumstances.

(Slightly O/T, I'm finding the discussion whether a 15 year old is rehabilitable interesting...)
Wow, me too. I'm driving to work and I'm thinking, special juvie prisons should be campus style, where they can move within the grounds, work, socialize but never get out. It should be just for lifers. Although, if my loved one was the victims, I would probably freak out if prison was pleasant in any way. I'm conflicted here greatly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Where is the quote from?

The fact is when the court screws up and kills someone who isn't guilty there's no way to rectify the situation.

eta: I didn't see liltexan's mod note until after I posted. I apologize.

I'm a big fan of psychologists for treating depression or stuff like bipolar, but this type of thing probably is over everyone's heads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mod Note

Hey everyone, opinions on the death penalty are going to differ and that's expected; however, the death penalty is not even relevant in this case at this time because the only person who has been arrested thus far is a 15 year old boy. Per the link I posted upthread this morning, the Supreme Court ruled that juveniles under age 18 cannot be executed.

Furthermore, it is fine to speculate about mental illness to a point, but we do not have any confirmed information about the 15 year old boy's mental health history.

Also, a friendly reminder that LE has not released the identity of the 15 year old boy to the public at this time. Please do not post his name or anything regarding his identity until LE releases that information to the public.

Thank you!

Totally agree and I am sorry if I went out of bounds. English is not my first language and sometimes I get a bit overexcited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member