Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with you, i have often felt this way. But I am reserving the right to throw that whole philosophy out the window depending on the cause and manner of death. Some people are not fixable. Depending on the violence factor. The torture component (if there is one) the injuries, etc. If they are severe enough I wouldn't ever want to see this person free again. 15 or not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If a 15 year old child who has committed murder is not fixable, then I propose that he belongs in a psychiatric ward for life, as punishing a 15 year old who has no ability to live in normal society seems cruel. That is, if he's that broken, then beating him will not change anything.

This was so much more than anger. 50% of households are divorced/single parents ... my parents included. Murders are committed all the time for no apparent reason such as anger. People can use anger to overcome challenges and propel themselves to greatness (Chevy Chase is one example). When anger has a dark, violent underbelly, animals and smaller people are not safe. Especially disturbing is that this has probably been on his mind for some time.

All I have read is that the death was not natural. Is there a link with more information about how she died ... and if not ... why are there some many comments describing how she was killed?

If a 15 year old child who has committed murder is not fixable, then I propose that he belongs in a psychiatric ward for life, as punishing a 15 year old who has no ability to live in normal society seems cruel. That is, if he's that broken, then beating him will not change anything.

Psychiatric ward again implies that someone is treatable/would benefit from treatment. Psychopathy isn't an illness and people wired that way know right from wrong and have full comprehension, they just don't care/choose to do whatever suits them

Don't understand what you mean by 'beating him' but keeping him locked up will keep others safe...that's all the change that's required

I also don't understand what vast difference 3 years makes from 15 to 18 in terms of locking someone up being deemed 'cruel'. A conscience can't be grown

This tweet is from earlier today. As a reminder, please do not sleuth the boy's identity or his mother's identity (or any other member of his family).

[video=twitter;874389325093515265]https://twitter.com/TammyVigilFOX31/status/874389325093515265[/video]

40 years before parole sounds "harsh". So does brutal murder.
I think this monster deserves the death penalty.

15 years old is old enough to know damn well what you're doing, fgs !

He does not need to be coddled and asked by psychiatrists if his accommodations are satisfactory, or if his meals are to his specification.
At the very least-- he needs to be thrown into a cell and never allowed to be free.

Why should he ever get to have a life ?
Kiaya will never see a beautiful sunset or laugh with friends.

This 15 year old is an unspeakable filth who knew exactly what he was doing. He could have stopped at any time and let her live !!!!!!

:moo:
Beautifully said. Wait, wait till the details get out. All of this "poor boy should be rehabilitated" talk will evaporate. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson, they were all 15 once too...

Nobody is born wrong. Babies are not born "evil".
No, but they may be born with brain anamolies that cause then to become psychopathic killers. No cure for that. Not saying this boy is one, yet.

All I have read is that the death was not natural. Is there a link with more information about how she died ... and if not ... why are there some many comments describing how she was killed?

I am here in Thornton, this happened close to my home :(
<modsnip>

Teen suspect in death of 10-year-old Kiaya Campbell makes first court appearance

The juvenile, who has not been identified, appeared at a detention hearing where he was ordered to continue to be held without bond, said Sue Lindsay, an Adams County District Attorney&#8217;s Office spokeswoman.

Authorities have not yet officially said whether the suspect is the same boy who was last seen with her.The teen suspect appeared in court Monday as a juvenile, and the hearing was closed.

The teen suspect&#8217;s next court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday where formal filing of charges are expected.The suspect was still being held as a juvenile. Prosecutors did not say whether they&#8217;ll pursue charges against him as an adult.

Yea no. Sorry. Gruesome and inhumane are the things he knowingly did TO a child. They can't even determine a COD. He took a while and he murdered her over and over again. He is a lost cause and it is a shame nobody identified it before this happened. 40 years is the minimum I'd like to see him locked away for.

Is there a link to "gruesome and inhumane"?

If he is a lost cause, then I what is the point of punishment? After 40 years, he will still be a lost cause, so 40 years of punishment will not accomplish anything except pure punishment, which would amount to cruelty since there is no outcome except to inflict pain. That doesn't make any sense to me. It's like punishing a mentally ill child for being mentally ill and a child.

From the pictures of the area where she was found, it looks like it was not that far from some houses...Did the crime take place there? With a beating, it seems that there would have been some screaming that would have gotten people's attention. And if it happened at the house, wouldn't it have been difficult to transport her body to that location? Not sure if vehicles had access or not...Could the 15 year old drive? Did he have help? Any thoughts?

If the 15-year-old could drive, he could not do so legally. In Colorado teens usually get their license around age 17 due to the ways the laws are written with relation to teenage drivers and permits. Most schools don't have a driver's ed program anymore and the kids get their permits at about age 16 and then it takes 6-12 months to get their license because they have to train with either a driving school or parent/guardian who has to keep a log book of all instruction. There are a certain number of hours of nighttime and daytime driving required as training. Having moved to CO from the south, I was shocked that my son (21 now) couldn't get his permit at 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there a link to "gruesome and inhumane"?

If he is a lost cause, then I what is the point of punishment? After 40 years, he will still be a lost cause, so 40 years of punishment will not accomplish anything except pure punishment, which would amount to cruelty since there is no outcome except to inflict pain. That doesn't make any sense to me. It's like punishing a mentally ill child for being mentally ill and a child.

To keep other innocent people safe, that is the point

BTW, apologies for some of my posts. I didn't realize how far behind I've fallen and I'm responding to 9 hour old posts, lol.&#128539;

The news video at this link shows where Kiaya's body was found. The reporter also says, "A neighbor who found (Kiaya) says the details are so gruesome, he won't repeat them."

They also say she was found face down in the dried up ditch.

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/09/thornton...ursday-as-missing-10-year-old-kiaya-campbell/

I'm bumping my own post to explain where I heard the word "gruesome" used to describe the condition of Kiaya's body.

I'm not sure where "inhumane" was mentioned in MSM. Perhaps someone else can help out with a link for that.

The problem with that is you cannot put 'finite' sentences upon a patient's hospital stay.

We just saw that with the stabbings of two young children by their grandmother---a woman who had been recently released by a mental hospital:

A California woman suspected of fatally stabbing her 18-month-old granddaughter and wounding her daughter and another young granddaughter spent nearly a decade in a state psychiatric hospital and outpatient treatment program before a jury ruled in 2015 that her sanity had been restored.

Nicole Darrington-Clark, 43, was sent to the psychiatric facility after being found not guilty by reason of insanity in the stabbing of her 14-year-old son and throwing of her 10-year-old daughter out of a moving minivan in 2005.

The daughter was the same one who was stabbed Monday, according to police.

Darrington-Clark was transferred to an outpatient facility several years later, and two years ago a Los Angeles County Superior Court jury found that her sanity had been restored, which meant she no longer required court-mandated psychiatric treatment.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-seek-grandma-suspected-stabbings-killed-baby-47857758

So this woman did horrible things to her children in an attempt to kill them, was sent to a psych hospital, and then 10 yrs later, she is out and she goes and kills the grand baby and tried to kill the rest of the family too.

So sending someone to the psych ward is not always that safe an option. imo

I wonder if he has a learner's permit? My guess at this time is that they walked to this location.. maybe he said "I want to show you something over here...".

Not at 15. In CO teens get their learner'a permits at 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you imagine? This poor woman.

Yes, but I also think that this murder was not his first act of aggression towards other children. Did he receive any treatment prior to the murder? I hope so.

I've been wondering lately if the breakdown of the family unit contributes to higher violence rates...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an interesting topic. I took a child development psychology course in college, and the professor didn't think so. She cited cases where parents would be fighting, and one of the children locked himself in a room and wrote poetry. I believe he went on to successfully publish some of his poems.

This person might be the exception to the rule--IDK. But, I see how one might think the family unit breakdown would contribute to higher violence rates.

Just MVHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member