CO CO - Kim Remmel, 47, Arvada, 25 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It might be worthwhile to post this on a Mazda pickup owners's forum. That tailgate seems like the kind of thing only an enthusiast would bother to do, and also something any enthusiast would take note of.
Are there any Mazda pickup fans here? If so, can you link to this thread on your Mazda forums?
I'm going to bed, but I'll search for a Colorado-specific Mazda pickup club this evening.

Done. Will let you know what happens. Hope they can help :)

Ummm. Haven't even had a reply from the Mazda club, but haven't given up yet. I wonder if Kim left a computer at home? I hope her Aunt has hung onto it if so. There could be important info on it that could be retrieved, even if it has been deleted. I suspect our member who was instrumental in finding the new evidence in Caylee's case could help out with questions about retrieving data, though I suspect he is going to be in a lot of demand at the moment.

Kim's friends on her mp fb page seem to have some background info on her that would be very useful. I wish one of them could come and help out here. I feel we need more information about Kim in order to work out what might have happened to her, and the best way to locate her.

Grainne, have you been able to provide a link here, to any of Kim's family or friends? Someone has posted that she was attending Denver Community College.

Thanks, Zweibel, for all your work on this! Personally, I think Kim's friends and family have done precious little to further her case. Actually, most of her family has been silent for whatever reasons. It shouldn't matter. If they think she just woke up one morning and decided to move on, (like the page creator hinted at) then they have no business making a "Missing" page. A concerned poster asked about cell phone records and bank activity, and was told that "that kind of info would not be disclosed to the public". Letting people know if there were any activity wouldn't be violating Kim's privacy any more than setting up a missing page with pictures of her and her vehicle and would tell us if she's most likely alive. I wish Kim had one friend willing to seriously advocate for her. 7 months have now passed and if she met with foul play, people are just not going to remember what happened more than half a year ago. So sad. Kim, where are you?

Thanks so much for your input, spamelope. It did make me a little uneasy too, that the fb page seemed a little unwelcoming and also hinting she just upped and went. It won't exactly encourage people to go looking for her, and I still think if that vehicle was publicised enough, it would be recognised. Is the fb page run by friends or family, do you think? I read comments under an article that said she had been estranged from many family members.

Ah, now I have read the entire thing and it is fairly obvious it was set up by a friend, not family. The friend actually rebukes the family at one stage for preventing the dissemination of information to the media.

It looks like it may not be viable to hope family or friends will check in here to provide more information, but I don't really think it's acceptable to just forget about her. Kim's disappearance just doesn't sit right with me. Better to just try and locate that car and hope it leads to her - if she's found and gets mad.....well, that's okay. Better than letting someone vanish as if they never existed for years, then discovering too late that you should have asked questions.
In my personal opinion, anyway.

Willie Nelson is actively involved in the movement against American Horses for Human Consumption. Perhaps he can help bring some publicity to this case since this is an issue which is very close to his heart?

If someone can draft something I can try my best to get it to him. I have some connections in this regard via his daughter, Paula, who is an awesoooome young lady. In fact, maybe someone can drop Paula a line on her fb. (I dont do fb). Paula plays up here in Colorado a lot.

Everyone loooooooooooooves Willie. His involvement could possibly break the case wide open, imo.

You're welcome, Zweibel. I'm not sure, but if there were activity on Kim's phone or bank account, do you think the police would have bothered to report her as a missing person? And, if Kim were my friend, I would have shared info that could help find her, in spite of the family. I think the fact that Kim's truck hasn't shown up somewhere is ominous. There are plenty of mine shafts in that area that would easily conceal both Kim and her vehicle. Or bodies of water....

Willie Nelson is actively involved in the movement against American Horses for Human Consumption. Perhaps he can help bring some publicity to this case since this is an issue which is very close to his heart?

If someone can draft something I can try my best to get it to him. I have some connections in this regard via his daughter, Paula, who is an awesoooome young lady. In fact, maybe someone can drop Paula a line on her fb. (I dont do fb). Paula plays up here in Colorado a lot.

Everyone loooooooooooooves Willie. His involvement could possibly break the case wide open, imo.

Great idea, margarita! But I don't know if it should be done without knowing if she just moved because she decided one day she wanted a change of scenery, or if she's really missing. That's where her so called friends and family have done her a disservice. I personally think something went horribly wrong, but without a little more official info, I'm not sure the big guns should be drawn yet.

Margarita25, I think that is a great idea! I don't want to disagree with spamelope but she's been gone for seven months now without a trace ( look at the comments under this link here) and really needs to be located.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/kim_remmel_missing_wild_horse_activist.php

If she has taken off on her own, no harm done. If she has not.......she still needs to come home. I can draft something with GrainneDhu, who was an online friend of Kim's through horse welfare, but I'm afraid I am not a fber either. But if we could do the draft and you could pass it on - any chance of progress after 7 months would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Just wanted to know if anyone can answer Grainne's earlier question about retrieving a deleted fb page? It could be important. Any contributions are welcome here, as this missing lady has been pretty much neglected for seven months now.

Anybody who has any idea how to get through to Mazda lovers on a vehicle forum, is also very welcome to give me any advice at all!

I'm trying to coax one of Kim's friends, who is also friends with her aunt, to join WS. She has a lot of insider information and, sadly, it scares me more and more.

Did you have any luck with getting Kim's friend to join? I'd be very interested in any insight she would be able to provide, and at this stage of the investigation, 6 months in, any new leads could prove to be very helpful.

I don't like it when there seems to be very little interest in cases like this. Surely someone knows something that could help track her down.

There are no updates re the remains as far as I can see. This could be a long wait. I just wish Kim's car could be located. If only there was more publicity for this case, I'm sure it would be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back