CO CO - Kim Remmel, 47, Arvada, 25 May 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, on Kim's page at NamUs, there is the mention of this under circumstances:

"Mount Galbraith Park - Jefferson County, CO - Golden, CO - on the way to Golden Gate Canyon State Park and White Ranch Park open space
Parking lot and area around Peru Creek area near Keystone http://grindmtn.com/colorado-trails/peru-creek-trail-dillon-colorado
Went hiking here with Dakota and where she buried him. There is a small turnoff on the left and you can drive up the dirt road for a while with 2 wheel drive. Not sure of where abouts Dakota was buried, but my guess is that it wouldn't be that far up."

Okay, I'm confused. Who is Dakota? Is that a horse she took for a ride that ended up dying during the ride, so she had to bury him there??
Perhaps her car went off the road somewhere in these areas? It is winter....
And one of the articles mentions she lives with her cat and her aunt. I suppose her aunt had no idea where Kim was headed, but she did see her with the laptop, or noticed it gone.....

Mod carlk did get back with advice. It looks like the sheriff's office is going to have all local mps on their list already. It is probably only worth notifying them if we come up with a non-local possible, or someone wearing the same clothing as was found.

I am still curious about Amy and Kim's mutual love of hiking. I wonder if they shared any other similarities?

ETA: They are pretty similar physically, small and slim, long light hair. Kim is ten years older but apparently looks younger than her age.........

Mod carlk did get back with advice. It looks like the sheriff's office is going to have all local mps on their list already. It is probably only worth notifying them if we come up with a non-local possible, or someone wearing the same clothing as was found.

I am still curious about Amy and Kim's mutual love of hiking. I wonder if they shared any other similarities?

ETA: They are pretty similar physically, small and slim, long light hair. Kim is ten years older but apparently looks younger than her age.........

thank you zwiebel.. no harm done in asking. Hope they can identify whoever it is they have found and bring a family some peace.

Hoping for a New Year resolution for you, Kim.

Fellow sleuthers, am I missing something? Where are the tags for Kim's thread? I think it might help if we could fill them, but I can't see how to do it here.

It's okay now, I've found the tags. I have also just noticed Kim's date of birth on namus is listed as unknown. That can't be right, surely? There must be a way of checking that.

I am still trying to work out that missing date of birth. I guess it couldn't have been a family member who entered Kim's details. If she lived with her aunt though, I would have thought aunt would have been able to provide that information to whoever entered the details?

Whatever is going on here?

Okay, I'm confused. Who is Dakota? Is that a horse she took for a ride that ended up dying during the ride, so she had to bury him there??
Perhaps her car went off the road somewhere in these areas? It is winter....
And one of the articles mentions she lives with her cat and her aunt. I suppose her aunt had no idea where Kim was headed, but she did see her with the laptop, or noticed it gone.....

I strongly suspect Dakota was one of those dogs Kim is pictured with. It would be very difficult to bury a horse, imo.

I have thought about her car going off the road, although I believe Kim was highly experienced driving those roads.

I would really like to know for sure if Kim had her laptop, or it's just missing. A missing laptop and missing info on fb could mean something, again imo.

Any local input/verified insider information on Kim's case? It would really be appreciated here.

Anyone who knew Kim and is maybe viewing as a guest - joining and getting verification is a simple process and could really help her. Please join us if you can. I don't like the lack of attention Kim is receiving, or the lack of information. There is something wrong. Why isn't her date of birth available? Where are those who know?

ETA, Kim went missing in Arvada, Colorado.

No progress on Kim's case? She seems to be sinking from view. Such a shame. Such a distinctive car she had, it must be found if her case had more publicity.

Kim's vehicle details have been revised on her missing poster:

'light color Mazda pickup with black trim, late 80s or early 90s model. It has an old style, non-fibreglass canopy. The Mazda letters on the tailgate are altered to read 'na da'. Plate number 155XYX.

ANYONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT DETECTIVE JOHN DOLL AT ARVADA POLICE DEPARTMENT ON: 720-898-6900

I've been totally ignored by the mazda owners forum I tried. But I have noticed there are a lot of Mazda meet up groups. It would be great if kim's flyer could be distributed at one of their get togethers. Some have facebook groups and could be contacted via that. I'm not facebooker so can't do it.

Here's one in Colorado with fb: http://www.meetup.com/SCMiataClub/

Here is Kim's facebook page, but it's completely barren.....

https://www.facebook.com/BelgianMalinois75227

ETA: I clicked on her photos button even though it was clear there's nothing there. Then I clicked on albums - it says, "Profile Photos: 132 photos" and "Timeline Photos: 5 photos". Both albums are empty though, and it says that the albums were updated last "about 7 months ago". For whatever it's worth.
Quoting myself here....

On the missing FB page, I had noticed more than one of Kim's friends mention that they missed talking to her on facebook. That would imply that Kim was familiar with FB, and I would expect her page to have posts, etc. However, it's completely blank. If she deleted everything on her FB page around the time she deleted the photos that I mentioned above, maybe she did so because she was making a fresh start.

Just another thought to throw out there. Fresh start or not, her lack of contact with anybody, etc are concerning.

Or maybe she deleted them so somebody couldn't see them?

If her friends were not asking WHY they suddenly could not talk to her on facebook, it kind of suggests they knew what the reason was. If so, I wish they would tell.

Oh dear. Such a long time now, without any new information or ideas. If anybody can contribute, please do. I don't think Kim should be allowed to disappear without trace.

If she's disappeared herself, fine. Let her pop up and shout at me to mind my own business; I'll be really glad and happy to do so. Until then..........

Where are you Kim? Where's your old white Mazda navajo, with the na da letters on the tailgate?

I'm still around Kim, are you? Where are your friends and family? Wish they would contribute here. I don't know enough about you to help much.

I know you're worth finding though.

attachment.php

http://www.facebook.com/FindKimRemmel

Trying to bump your flyer, and THAT Mazda. Hope it works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth
Back