Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crazy case.

My thoughts based on what other people have said.

LE knows what has happened and is protecting a minor or she witnessed something that she needs to be protected against. It seems the gag order would only be necessary to be protect her being a minor or for her protection.

What questions I have:
If LE believes there is no danger to the community as stated above, then announcing her death (if that is the case, hopefully not) wouldn't necessitate a gag order unless there were unsavory details that they didn't want public...? So then I think she saw something, I have many friends in the Bailey area and there were areas that you wouldn't go to after dark because drifters, etc.

What a terrible ordeal for the Long family, after her sisters' experience in the Platte Canyon HS Hostage event back in 2006 and then for this to happen. While I don't believe it's possible for those two events to be related, I grew up in a small town in Colorado and things have a strange way of being related.

All sort of scenarios run through my head.

Since ML's parents were small business owners, I wonder if they kept large amounts of cash in the home (or perhaps someone thought they might have cash in the home); nobody was supposed to home that day (all the family is supposed to be at the restaurants or liquor store), so burglars break in to rob, were going to set the place on fire to cover up the burglary, ML comes home unexpectedly and catches them, and they snatch her and take her with them.

IDK. There's just something about this case that's not right. Could it involved organized criminal activity?

MOO.

This sounds like an excellent way to frame it. They took her because she was there- gag order because potential hostage situation? Won’t end well statistically speaking. Smart train of thought. Hope we are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like an excellent way to frame it. They took her because she was there- gag order because potential hostage situation? Won’t end well statistically speaking. Smart train of thought. Hope we are wrong.

Whatever is going on, the family seems to want the press to stop talking about this. At least for the time being.

What doesn't make sense in this particular scenario(kidnapping/hostage situation) to me is: why did they set the house on fire??? And who the heck called 911 in the midst of it?

The more I think about the 911 call, the more I feel it had to be made by Maggie, but nothing would surprise me in this case.

The find Maggie facebook page (still not sure who runs it) says satellite trucks possibly belonging to the CBI were at the families property last night and that it looked like a pond was being searched.

It looks like a fairly large pond from the satellite pics posted up thread.

The find Maggie facebook page (still not sure who runs it) says satellite trucks possibly belonging to the CBI were at the families property last night and that it looked like a pond was being searched.

There are 2 ponds, the large one is not on their property. The small one is at the edge of the driveway about half way between the road and the house.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Satellite trucks?

Eta:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_truck

"Some newer generation satellite trucks are also being used for crisis communications and command and control centers for law enforcement (homeland security) emergency managers and public utility companies."

Now I'm thinking that there was a murder-suicide scenario going on. It's very possible that
A) there were remains found in the burned house, they just don't know who
B) it's possible (though unlikely) that an ex burned the house down and took her as a hostage. That wouldn't explain why no more searches
C) le has good reason to believe she is deceased. Hence no search. Le is trying to determine what happened and when
D) she burned the house down and left the country/or ?????

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Gosh, I'm now very emotionally involved in this case.

What was the situation with her sister in 2006? Was a suspect apprehended? Could they have gotten out of prison recently?

I agree that the gag order text is probably canned. It's pretty broad.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

There are 2 ponds, the large one is not on their property. The small one is at the edge of the driveway about half way between the road and the house.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying that I didn't see the smaller pond until now.

Law enforcement specifically said "t[FONT=&quot]here were no bodies found in the debris inside the house."

Of course, that doesn't say that there were no bodies found, just not in the debris inside the house.

I'm getting a really bad feeling about this, too.[/FONT]

I agree that the gag order text is probably canned. It's pretty broad.

SBM. Maybe, but I have a bad feeling about the word "coroner" in the gag order, and the search being called off, and the police not saying ANYTHING about ML.

Here's another news story from Monday. At the end of the story, the reporter stated that a worker at the family's restaurant stated that Maggie's parents were down in Denver (about 45-minutes to an hour away), trying to "sort this all out."

So it sounds to me like the parents were being interrogated by LE. LE may ask the parents to take polygraph tests to determine whether they know anything that they are not disclosing. Weird.

https://youtu.be/X2F5aqE9KEM

"An update Saturday to the family member’s post said, “Right now we are focused on Maggie’s communications from after school (approx 2:30pm) until 8pm. If you had any contact please reach out. If you have heard anything strange or seen anything out of the ordinary, it might be a significant detail. Please help us to fill in the gap.”"

Girl Missing Following Arson Fire At Family’s Home
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/02/missing-girl-arson-fire/

I popped in here again thinking we may have answers but I see now we all have even more questions ? I hope she is okay

I popped in here again thinking we may have answers but I see now we all have even more questions ? I hope she is okay

I feel the same way, the more we hear the more confused I feel? The silence is eerie.

I think maybe she started the fire by accident. Long shot but perhaps she left a hot hair appliance plugged in and when she returned it had partially engulfed a room and she couldnt stop it. She called 911 herself but before they got there she ran off scared of getting in trouble and is somewhere hiding. Maybe thats why theyre keeping the investigation quiet now. They dont want a friend or someone letting her know whats going on and how close they are to finding her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I think maybe she started the fire by accident. Long shot but perhaps she left a hot hair appliance plugged in and when she returned it had partially engulfed a room and she couldnt stop it. She called 911 herself but before they got there she ran off scared of getting in trouble and is somewhere hiding. Maybe thats why theyre keeping the investigation quiet now. They dont want a friend or someone letting her know whats going on and how close they are to finding her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Whoever called 911 said there were people there throwing stuff around. I wonder if anyone else can be heard on the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaake