Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe she started the fire by accident. Long shot but perhaps she left a hot hair appliance plugged in and when she returned it had partially engulfed a room and she couldnt stop it. She called 911 herself but before they got there she ran off scared of getting in trouble and is somewhere hiding. Maybe thats why theyre keeping the investigation quiet now. They dont want a friend or someone letting her know whats going on and how close they are to finding her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

If that were the case I can't imagine how the DA could have gotten a gag order issued for the case, my understanding is that those aren't common and are for very serious matters. I don't think a teenage girl accidentally setting the house on fire would qualify.

Does anybody know what kind of event was being held at the school that night? ML was supposed to have helped organize it.

SBM. Maybe, but I have a bad feeling about the word "coroner" in the gag order, and the search being called off, and the police not saying ANYTHING about ML.
Good point.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Such a strange case. If someone did hear voices in the background of the 911 call, how soon did fire department show up? That's a long and twisting driveway leading up to the house. How would anyone be able to escape in a vehicle using the driveway without being detected? I did see that there appears to be a dirt road off the back of the house that leads to the main road?

Such a strange case. If someone did hear voices in the background of the 911 call, how soon did fire department show up? That's a long and twisting driveway leading up to the house. How would anyone be able to escape in a vehicle using the driveway without being detected? I did see that there appears to be a dirt road off the back of the house that leads to the main road?
I would also expect that LE would respond to this - perhaps even having FD stand off until they arrived. Depending on the dept, LE could arrive quite a bit faster than fire, making that window of "escape time" even smaller.

xMaggieLongMissingposter.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Pg7nm7_rqG.webp

https://mymountaintown.com/forum/13...-missing-platte-canyon-hs-student-maggie-long

The above article says "'have you seen/ heard from her from 2:30-8pm??? What happened after 8pm? Why not " have you heard from here even today? Very odd IMO.

Interesting, the only thing I can think is that it is not confirmed that she made it there.

But if she left after school in her car, and her car was found at the house, how could they not confirm that she was at the house?

But if she left after school in her car, and her car was found at the house, how could they not confirm that she was at the house?

Just because her car was there, doesn't mean she was. More than likely, yes. But it's not concrete. If no one actually saw her there, I guess it can't be 100% verified.

The missing poster was made by a facebook group, it was not put out by LE so I don't think we can infer anything from what is on the poster or not on it.

I would also expect that LE would respond to this - perhaps even having FD stand off until they arrived. Depending on the dept, LE could arrive quite a bit faster than fire, making that window of "escape time" even smaller.

I think any report of a fire would have been very quickly responded to by the FD. This is an area that has had some very scary and huge wildfires in the past and with it being such warm dry weather until very recently a house fire could very quickly become a huge fire in that area.

This is truly baffling. But, maybe she is no longer "missing" and, because of the gag order, that fact can't be reported? Are any searches being organized?

Wish we knew who made the 911 call. Was it Maggie? The gag order is making this case very frustrating. Hope she's found safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*