Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO.......My first thought when reading (before the most current press release) was that maybe ML was on her cell with a friend and was having a breakdown, throwing things and threatening herself and the friend called 911. ML started fire then committed suicide.

But, with the new press release, it says it's being investigated as a homicide so.....that throws my thought out the window.

Curious case for sure, especially with the connection to her sister!

Well, good theory anyway. But I am just speculating here that maybe she was killed because she interrupted a robbery and the fire was set to destroy evidence, and any witness to the crime. Is it possible that she would have been able to identify the perp(s) -- maybe even knew them (assuming more than 1 perp) personally?

But from the reports of people shouting and throwing things, it sure doesn't seem like they were carrying it out in a stealthy manner.
IDK.

This is so very sad.

I guess the gag order was for the coroner to determine whether this was an accident of sorts, or a homicide. If LE already suspected a homicide, they did not want to alert the perpetrator(s).?

My condolences to her parents and sisters...really devastating.

JMO.......My first thought when reading (before the most current press release) was that maybe ML was on her cell with a friend and was having a breakdown, throwing things and threatening herself and the friend called 911. ML started fire then committed suicide.

But, with the new press release, it says it's being investigated as a homicide so.....that throws my thought out the window.

Curious case for sure, especially with the connection to her sister!

The original police report from last Friday stated that the 911 call came from ML's residence. (I'll look for a source, but I'm sure of this.)

Edited to add source of that information: http://m.theflume.com/mobile/free_content/article_aaf65e2a-d918-11e7-ac5e-27d5a2fe169d.html

Well, good theory anyway. But I am just speculating here that maybe she was killed because she interrupted a robbery and the fire was set to destroy evidence, and any witness to the crime. Is it possible that she would have been able to identify the perp(s) -- maybe even knew them (assuming more than 1 perp) personally?

But from the reports of people shouting and throwing things, it sure doesn't seem like they were carrying it out in a stealthy manner.
IDK.

No it doesn't and I wonder what kind of thieves would allow someone had just caught them in the act and planned to kill, to dial 911 and talk to someone.

I wonder if anything was taken from the home. If not, this points to some other motive.....

I too suspect this may not have been random....idk.

No it doesn't and I wonder what kind of thieves would allow someone had just caught them in the act and planned to kill, to dial 911 and talk to someone.

Maybe Maggie was home, heard the break in, and was hiding when she called 911?

If Maggie made the 911 call, then she should have said whether she recognized the people yelling, throwing stuff, and trying to set the house on fire.

The caller said there were people at the residence arguing, throwing stuff around and trying to set the house on fire.
Apparently one of the people in the house was Maggie Long, a 17-year-old Platte Canyon High School student.

http://m.theflume.com/mobile/free_content/article_aaf65e2a-d918-11e7-ac5e-27d5a2fe169d.html

If the call was made by someone else, then that person should be able to help identify the person(s) they say or heard yelling, throwing stuff, and trying to set the house on fire. Interesting that the police has not released any of that information.

I'd like to know what really prompted her to go home after school. I question whether it was in order to retrieve an item for the school concert that night.

If she got out of school at 2:30 and the fire was reported at 6:00 p.m. What happened during this time?

I wonder if LE knew the body was Maggie all along. The gag order may have been them trying to smoke out a suspect by making him/her think Maggie was still alive.

I dunno, it's just crazy. Why report that no bodies were found? That's creepy. I feel so sorry for her parents, sisters, thinking all along there may be some hope that she was alive.

I dunno, it's just crazy. Why report that no bodies were found? That's creepy. I feel so sorry for her parents, sisters, thinking all along there may be some hope that she was alive.

There was a news report on Sunday or Monday, where the reporter said that an employee from one of the family businesses stated that family was very sad. I think the family knew shortly after this all began that ML was dead.

Remember that the sister's plea for help and information came the same night as the fire, and that sister likely had not been told about the body yet. (No one may have known at that point.) Then the next thing we knew (Saturday), there were no search parties formed, and police were telling people there was no danger to the public.

Has it been confirmed that it was a house fire or near by structure fire? They most likely knew that she died Friday night.

I'm wondering if an autopsy will show if she was killed prior to the fire starting and the fire was set to destroy evidence.

"He said fire investigators consider the Friday blaze suspicious because of “the concentration of where the fire’s at.”

I wonder where the fire is.... Who lives at the house? Just the parents and the daughter?

Source: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/02/missing-girl-arson-fire/

The audio from this same Dec. 2, 2017 article stated that the fire broke out on Saturday at the home of a "family member."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/02/missing-girl-arson-fire/
"Undersheriff Wohlers confirmed investigators are considering the missing girl’s possible involvement in the fire.

However, he said, there are no suspects regarding the arson.

Wohlers also said there was no body found at the scene of the fire."

The audio from this same Dec. 2, 2017 article stated that the fire broke out on Saturday at the home of a "family member."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/02/missing-girl-arson-fire/
"Undersheriff Wohlers confirmed investigators are considering the missing girl’s possible involvement in the fire.

However, he said, there are no suspects regarding the arson.

Wohlers also said there was no body found at the scene of the fire."
There is another home on that property

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

See it? On the left. Now it could be a shop or big garage or something, but I thought it looked like a small home. Maybe like a little guest house.
728468cd2ae32db2abdc4bc0d656962b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members