Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. No !!! For some reason I didn't think this would be the outcome how sad poor sweetie. Gee was Maggie trying to fight someone off as they started the fire !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 911 call was made from the attic of a Mother in law house on the property, the caller was male, I have a friend of a friend that actually rents the upstairs bedroom of the mother in law house, it was probably him who called, I haven't been able to talk to him yet acted as displaced from his home and the gag order . 2of my friends were driving down 43 when they observed a beige mini van driving at excessive speeds down there driveway, once the driver hit 43 the minivan went all the way over to the shoulder of the other side of road, kicked up a bunch of rocks, my friends managed to get the licence plate number, they reported it. The whole thing stinks

Here's something that's odd

"The Park County Sheriff’s Office 911 dispatch received a call from a residence at 3763 County Road 43 in Bailey, Friday, Dec. 1.

The caller said there were people at the residence arguing, throwing stuff around and trying to set the house on fire.

Apparently one of the people in the house was Maggie Long, a 17-year-old Platte Canyon High School student.

When deputies arrived at the house, they reported that they could see flames coming through the roof.

Platte Canyon Fire Protection District was called to the scene and and Elk Creek Fire Protection District was called for mutual aid, sending a tender and crew to the residence."

How long from the time of the call to the time LE would make it out there?
The caller said someone was *trying* to start a fire but when police got there it was coming out through the roof. Then they called the fire department.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SBM......

Apparently one of the people in the house was Maggie Long, a 17-year-old Platte Canyon High School student.

This wording to me seems like it was NOT ML that called. I know reporting can switch words but this sounds like someone else called and said she was in the house??

IMO, anything I say is JMO
—————————————-
RIP Lisa Harvey ❤️

SBM......

This wording to me seems like it was NOT ML that called. I know reporting can switch words but this sounds like someone else called and said she was in the house??

I agree, but the wording is so intentionally vague that it is impossible to tell. This information came from the same people that told us that Maggie was not found in the home and that no bodies were recovered in the ashes of the fire. (or something to that effect)

We the public expected LE to be forthright and open with us. If they found a body but didn't want to say it was ML pending identification from the coroner, then we would have expected them to tell us a body was located in the home but that no i.d. would be made until the coroner's identification was complete. If there was an eye witness who called 911, we might have expected to hear about that information in a press conference. If someone reported a beige minivan leaving the property at a high rate of speed and driving down Hwy 43 eratically, we kinda sorta thought the police might mention that: "if anyone say a beige minivan, please let us know." (Maybe they know whose minivan it was and they are trying to locate the minivan in order to make an arrest before alerting the suspect that they have that information, but it just all . . . stinks, as the person above said.

"There's no danger to the public." Whatever you say, officer.

"[FONT=&quot]An alert sent out to law enforcement agencies across Colorado said a suspect in Long’s death is believed to be a white man in his 20s who was last seen driving north toward Highway 285 in a 1990s to 2000s light-colored minivan. The suspect may have suffered burns and smelled like gasoline." (See link above)

I bet he doesn't smell like gasoline any more.

I was thinking he might have stolen a vehicle from the property, but if that were the case, then we would know exactly the make and model of the vehicle.[/FONT]

The 911 call was made from the attic of a Mother in law house on the property, the caller was male, I have a friend of a friend that actually rents the upstairs bedroom of the mother in law house, it was probably him who called, I haven't been able to talk to him yet acted as displaced from his home and the gag order . 2of my friends were driving down 43 when they observed a beige mini van driving at excessive speeds down there driveway, once the driver hit 43 the minivan went all the way over to the shoulder of the other side of road, kicked up a bunch of rocks, my friends managed to get the licence plate number, they reported it. The whole thing stinks
I thought there must be a witness who called 911!

So glad your friends had the presence of mind to get the plate #!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh, now police have issued a BOLO for a male driving a minivan. SMH.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...suspect-in-killing-of-17-year-old-maggie-long

MOOoooooo.......

"[FONT="]An alert sent out to law enforcement agencies across Colorado said a suspect in Long’s death is believed to be a white man in his 20s who was last seen driving north toward Highway 285 in a 1990s to 2000s light-colored minivan. The suspect may have suffered burns and smelled like gasoline." (See link above)

I bet he doesn't smell like gasoline any more.

I was thinking he might have stolen a vehicle from the property, but if that were the case, then we would know exactly the make and model of the vehicle.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[quote="AnaPisces, post: 13803589"]Just as zchick said.

Wow...

I think any report of a fire would have been very quickly responded to by the FD. This is an area that has had some very scary and huge wildfires in the past and with it being such warm dry weather until very recently a house fire could very quickly become a huge fire in that area.
Sorry I wasn't more clear. Here, the initial call of a fight/domestic with someone possibly *trying* to start a fire, it would be a hot LE response with fire on standby. If further information came in that the house was fully engulfed, FD would respond but stand off the scene until LE cleared it. It's a FF safety policy thing. I could see FD doing some containment work though, until LE cleared, especially if it's a high fire load area. Hopefully that makes more sense.

**my opinion based on policies in my area - other areas may be different**

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I dunno, it's just crazy. Why report that no bodies were found? That's creepy. I feel so sorry for her parents, sisters, thinking all along there may be some hope that she was alive.
I've been to enough house fires to know that it could be very difficult to locate a body - especially if the house was fully engulfed. Even common household items aren't identifiable in some cases. I've seen one where there were shells of large appliances & a metal bedframe and that was it.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member