Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my profession, assume is a dirty word.

You, I, have no idea what a "large case" refers to.

I'm actually an old-fashioned journalist. My advantage, I never when to J-School. I use common sense to do my job, not some propaganda schooling to tell me how I'm suppose to shape and explain a story.

Just by the way, I'll be 65 on Christmas eve. I went from a freelance writer for the paper to editor in three years.

Hard to find someone who wants to run a mid-sized weekly in the mountains, especially at the salary they offer [emoji4]

I'm basically semi-retired, this is just a fun job to keep my mind sharp.

Respectfully, in this forum we use words like assume to speculate and voice opinion. Otherwise it can be misconstrued as fact. As for your comments on J-school, you’re right on the money. I went to J-school, and by the end of my program I hated the media so much that I ended up doing something else. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The post that was clipped and then pasted to a "find Maggie Long" website is going to be removed by the administrator.

It was my mistake, not Web Sleuths, that it was cross-posted.

For whatever silly reason, it didn't occur to me that this site was public.

Of course it is, that's how I found it.

Face-palm.

The post that was clipped and then pasted to a "find Maggie Long" website is going to be removed by the administrator.

It was my mistake, not Web Sleuths, that it was cross-posted.

For whatever silly reason, it didn't occur to me that this site was public.

Of course it is, that's how I found it.

Face-palm.

I think you can put a signature type thing on your posts that says what you write here is not to be copied anywhere else. I've seen other members have it on their posts.

Ok, I looked at that video from the drone again. There is no door into the upstairs apartment that's visible. That leads me to believe access to the apartment was through the garage. The tenant was so fortunate the killer(s) didn't see/hear him!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ok, I looked at that video from the drone again. There is no door into the upstairs apartment that's visible. That leads me to believe access to the apartment was through the garage. The tenant was so fortunate the killer(s) didn't see/hear him!

Which link had the drone footage?
Haven't been able to catch up today and don't have time to go through the last few pages again right this minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which link had the drone footage?
Haven't been able to catch up today and don't have time to go through the last few pages again right this minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know how to link it but it's a post I made yesterday if you can find it like that.

Look up Emily Keyes in Bailey Colorado.

The suspect in her sister's incident has been dead for many years. He had no personal ties to her either, just wrong place and wrong time.

Walter, do you know what time law enforcement arrived at the Long residence?

Sometime after 6 p.m. or so (I didn't time stamp my handwritten notes at the beginning, I was trying to monitor the radio traffic, it was coming in fast and furious).

They "rolled fire" at 7:14, so that means fire was staged, ready, probably at the bottom of the quarter mile drive. It's only barely wide enough for one car, in either direction.

So they probably didn't want large fire vehicles on the driveway until they were sure they needed them.

The top of my timeline is not extremely accurate. As I got into the "flow" of the radio traffic, I started to take more detailed notes.

Sometime after 6 p.m. or so (I didn't time stamp my handwritten notes at the beginning, I was trying to monitor the radio traffic, it was coming in fast and furious).

They "rolled fire" at 7:14, so that means fire was staged, ready, probably at the bottom of the quarter mile drive. It's only barely wide enough for one car, in either direction.

So they probably didn't want large fire vehicles on the driveway until they were sure they needed them.

The top of my timeline is not extremely accurate. As I got into the "flow" of the radio traffic, I started to take more detailed notes.

I'm not familiar enough with the way LE/FD works, but knowing what we know about the fire - (it was already coming thru the roof when police arrived) I would imagine it would take a very short time for them to have the FD come up there drive.

The 911 call came in at approx 6-6:15pm - depending on where the officers were coming from it certainly could have taken them until 7pm to get there, right?

When I search maps, there's a Sheriff's sub-station 7.5 miles away from Long's Ranch and the FD is even closer.

Is a substation staffed? Or are LE constantly on the move?

Radio traffic indicated that as the deputies were arriving on the scene, they said they saw fire coming through the roof.

The fire chief called me last Monday morning and said that was not true. The deputies said that, but the chief said the fire had not breached the roof.

In helicopter shots of the residence, you can see a small hole in the roof.

I don't know if fire department made that hole or if it was due to fire coming out of the attic apartment.

I don't know the exact timeline in the beginning. I know dispatch received the first call sometime after six and fire was told to roll at 7:14.

Oh, welcome, Walter. :)

Have we heard from any family does anyone know?

I'm getting caught up on this thread in full now so sorry if this has already been gone over.

Look up Emily Keyes in Bailey Colorado.

Ugh, how awful, this is also the first time I can say I recall ever seeing a situation where a gun man in a school also sexually assaulted the students.

This might be some insight as to why there was an AK and so much ammunition, after what that family went through, just a thought.

For people who haven't followed all this from 12 years ago, Lyanna Long was one of the students taken hostage 12 years ago. She was assulted but not killed.

Ellen Stoddard-Keyes' daughter Emily was killed.

This is a rural community. A lot of us have weapons. I have two long rifles sitting right here in my home office. And a 9mm, and a number of smaller caliber arms.

It's not unusual.

For people who haven't followed all this from 12 years ago, Lyanna Long was one of the students taken hostage 12 years ago. She was assulted but not killed.

Ellen Stoddard-Keyes' daughter Emily was killed.

This is a rural community. A lot of us have weapons. I have two long rifles sitting right here in my home office. And a 9mm, and a number of smaller caliber arms.

It's not unusual.

Thanks for helping to clear up confusion here. :wave:

No. The Keyes family lost their daughter, Emily, in the completely causally unrelated hostage/assault/murder/suicide event at the high school years ago. Lynna Long was a hostage then, but survived.

Now, Lynna's younger sister, Maggie, has been killed, and Emily Keyes' mother, who is a friend of the Long family, is acting as spokesperson for the Long family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67