CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do people really just IGNORE mental illness? The dude was reportedly seeing things, and completely paranoid/schitzo? And family just accepts that? And, he has a gun? And family accepts that as well? Nope
Thats what I am saying!!! too many people ready to look the other way and shrug. Individualism over community safety, apparently. ugh :(

We will continue to have unstable people commit these atrocities until we are able to involuntarily commit persons having severe mental health episodes. It is almost impossible to get someone involuntarily committed even with evidence that they are a danger to themselves and others.

Is his last name Al-Issa? And not Alissa, as is being reported in MSM?
Sorry...found it.
Full name is Ahmad Al-Aliwi Al-Issa.
Just hard to search for information when the spelling is incorrect.
He’s been identified as Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa by LE.

Boulder mass shooting suspect identified, charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder
Police identified the suspect as Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, a 21-year-old Arvada, Colorado man, though his motive for the attack was not specified at this time.

Colorado Supermarket Shooting Suspect Identified As 21-Year-Old Ahmad Alissa

Boulder Police Chief Maris Herold identified the suspected gunman as 21-year-old Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, a resident of Arvada (roughly 20 miles south of Boulder), during a Tuesday press conference.

Unfortunately access to quality, affordable and timely mental health care is very hard in this country. And it is almost impossible to get help for someone who does not want it.

And that needs to change. We need to be able to involuntarily commit people if they are out of touch with reality but there is zero incentive in our private healthcare system for hospitals to care for indigent mentally ill people. That needs to change also.

I haven't seen anything in the media with respect to this case that fits your description in the bolded. Sadly, there are too many shootings and too many types of shooters over the past several years. No doubt this murderer will slot into some of those preexisting categories and elude some others. One common denominator, of course, we know.

I know Boulder well and I am sorry for those who will bear the brunt of yet another mass shooting, and for all of those who will live in fear of the next one. The banal, everyday activity that turns into a lethal, horrifying scene of trauma and loss -- our kids practice this at least once a month, the modern-day version of the old duck-and-cover, though hopefully more effective.

How soon is now?
This is brilliantly said, scapa; and that outro line -- one can practically hear Johnny Marr's chords behind it.

Officer Talley was born in Houston and raised in Albuquerque. He joined the police force as a second career when he was 40, quitting a job in cloud communications, his father said in an interview on Tuesday morning.

“He wanted to be a servant,” Mr. Talley said. “He wanted to serve people. And you know, all kids want to be a policeman, and in many ways, he was a big kid.”
A police officer was among the 10 dead.
Officer Talley didn't start out as an officer. He sincerley wanted to help people. It's so tragic & heartbreaking when the good guys are taken too soon. Watching the chief talk about him during the conference brought me to tears, you can see how much of a good impact this guy had on them all, he even received an award only a short time ago. Praying for his family and the families of all the victims of this tragic & senseless event.

And that needs to change. We need to be able to involuntarily commit people if they are out of touch with reality but there is zero incentive in our private healthcare system for hospitals to care for indigent mentally ill people. That needs to change also.

Think of how many lives can be changed and made whole again with the treatment of mental illness. Senseless violent attacks, homelessness, drug addiction...all would benefit from the remedy of addressing mental illness.

Do people really just IGNORE mental illness? The dude was reportedly seeing things, and completely paranoid/schitzo? And family just accepts that? And, he has a gun? And family accepts that as well? Nope

This is hardly fair to the family.

Who knows how many times they've tried to get him to get help, how many episodes he's had where they've tried to find help and come up empty, how new this type of behavior was to them or how used to it they were.

Don't blame the family here - we have absolutely no way of knowing what they've gone through with him in their lives.

MOO (as someone who had a mentally ill family member in the past)

Terror and Horror.....two words spoken by the governor this am at the PC. I am just wondering if there was any ME terrorist type activity in this guys past? And, we will know if so? He certainly isn't fitting the media's 'racist white terrorist' description now is he?

This froot-loop massacred 10 people!

According to Newsweek "A Facebook page appearing to be that of the suspect features posts with quotes from the Islamic Prophet Muhammad." Who Is Ahmad Alissa? 21-year-old suspect in Boulder shooting is stable after sustaining injury and according to the Sun "THE alleged Boulder shooter was reportedly paranoid and posted about racist Islamophobes before "killing 10 people." https://www.the-sun.com/news/2565855/boulder-shooter-ahmad-alissa-paranoid-facebook-posts/
He was originally from Syria, but has been living here since early 2000's.

Could mean something or absolutely nothing. Who knows yet.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
We will continue to have unstable people commit these atrocities until we are able to involuntarily commit persons having severe mental health episodes. It is almost impossible to get someone involuntarily committed even with evidence that they are a danger to themselves and others.

I think we also need to reconsider bringing back mental institutions (but obviously better monitored and more humane than some of those from the past). Many of the people suffering from some of these issues need much longer term care than the "two weeks in the hospital psych ward then sent home with meds and no one to monitor if they take them or not"

We know nothing about the shooter other than his name. The Daily Beast is not renowned for their careful reporting standards, and LE has already cautioned against speculation.

I'm looking forward to the next PC & hopefully we find out some facts to start forming an opinion.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back