CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ahmad Alissa, suspect.

bouolder-4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched the press conference after staying up late last night when the story was breaking. So horrific, sad and unnecessary. My heart goes out to friends & family of the deceased and the officers of Boulder who knew Officer Talley. May justice be served swift and harsh.

Victims are:

Denny Strong 20
Neven Stanisic 23
Rikki Olds 25
Tralona Bartkowiak 49
Suzanne Fountain 59
Teri Leiker 51
Eric Talley 51
Kevin Mahoney 61
Lynn Murray 62
Jody Waters 65

May they have known the peace of a beautiful spring day before they lost their lives in such an unimaginable way yesterday.

Ali Aliwi Alissa, the suspect’s 34-year-old brother, confirmed to The Daily Beast that authorities searched his house all night after the shooting.

He described his brother as “very anti-social” and paranoid, and said that, in high school, he would describe “being chased, someone is behind him, someone is looking for him.”

“When he was having lunch with my sister in a restaurant, he said, ‘People are in the parking lot, they are looking for me.’ She went out, and there was no one. We didn’t know what was going on in his head,” Alissa said, admitting that he believes his brother is mentally ill.

‘Very Anti-Social’: Suspect in Boulder Supermarket Massacre Was Paranoid, Brother Says

Ali Aliwi Alissa, the suspect’s 34-year-old brother, confirmed to The Daily Beast that authorities searched his house all night after the shooting.

He described his brother as “very anti-social” and paranoid, and said that, in high school, he would describe “being chased, someone is behind him, someone is looking for him.”

“When he was having lunch with my sister in a restaurant, he said, ‘People are in the parking lot, they are looking for me.’ She went out, and there was no one. We didn’t know what was going on in his head,” Alissa said, admitting that he believes his brother is mentally ill.

‘Very Anti-Social’: Suspect in Boulder Supermarket Massacre Was Paranoid, Brother Says

It seems to be the same excuses used by family members of those who murder in cold blood. Perhaps it's easier for them to believe this way, but it rarely turns out to be true.

Imo, most are whiney injustice collectors who always blames all others for their own bad choices in life. I wouldn't be surprised if he's another one.

But being anti-social isn't a viable mental illness defense under criminal judicial standards.

Imo, he will be deemed competent to stand trial.

It seems everytime a mass shooting happens so many speculates the suspects to be mentally ill... when in truth only a rare teeny tiny minority of them truly are.

Jmho

From Amy Kaufeldt Fox 35:

Here is a photo of Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley. He was a father seven. His youngest child just 7-years-old. Eric's father told a news reporter that his son was training to be a drone pilot because he thought it would be safer. Officer Talley was one of 10 victims yesterday when a gunman opened fire at a grocery store. The other victims are:

Denny Strong, 20
Neven Stanisic, 23
Rikki Olds, 25
Tralona Bartkowiak, 49
Teri Leiker, 51
Suzanne Fountain, 59
Kevin Mahoney, 61
Lynn Murray, 62
Jody Waters, 65

The alleged shooter is identified as 21-year-old Ahmad Alissa. Police have not released a motive. #FOX35 FOX 35 Orlando

9705F31E-D09C-4D6D-8B60-763C1729AA54.jpeg

Boulder shooting suspect allegedly used high-powered patrol rifle
Police have yet to release information about how the shooter acquired the gun or what the motives were behind the attack.

(snip)
Law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation said the suspect used an AR-style rifle in the attack, the Wall Street Journal reported. One senior law enforcement source further clarified to CNN that the weapon used was an AR-15 style rifle.

Terror and Horror.....two words spoken by the governor this am at the PC. I am just wondering if there was any ME terrorist type activity in this guys past? And, we will know if so? He certainly isn't fitting the media's 'racist white terrorist' description now is he?

This froot-loop massacred 10 people!

I haven't seen anything in the media with respect to this case that fits your description in the bolded. Sadly, there are too many shootings and too many types of shooters over the past several years. No doubt this murderer will slot into some of those preexisting categories and elude some others. One common denominator, of course, we know.

I know Boulder well and I am sorry for those who will bear the brunt of yet another mass shooting, and for all of those who will live in fear of the next one. The banal, everyday activity that turns into a lethal, horrifying scene of trauma and loss -- our kids practice this at least once a month, the modern-day version of the old duck-and-cover, though hopefully more effective.

How soon is now?

Boulder shooting: Gunman kills 10, including police officer, at King Soopers

The workers and shoppers who survived the violent scene in the Front Range college town fled the store any way they could — if they couldn’t, they took shelter inside — as the shots echoed.

“It seemed like all of us had imagined we’d be in a situation like this at some point in our lives,” 57-year-old James Bentz said.​
Well, we all practice active shooter drills at work and school. I think most of us have imagined being in a situation like this at some point.

RSBM

EVERYONE!!! if you kn0w ANYONE suffering from paranoid delusions, please DO SOMETHING! get them the help they need, mental health is one of the biggest issues plaguing our society and some people don't even know they need help! it's up to us to recognize and call attention to these types of behaviors so that they don't escalate. downward spirals can happen so fast! moo.

Do people really just IGNORE mental illness? The dude was reportedly seeing things, and completely paranoid/schitzo? And family just accepts that? And, he has a gun? And family accepts that as well? Nope

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back