CO - Mass shooting at King Soopers, 10 fatalities including 1 LEO, Boulder, 22 Mar 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Boulder grocery shooting updates: 10 dead; suspect arrested

Store employee hid behind trash can
Logan Smith was working at the Starbucks kiosk in the store when a customer alerted him that there was an active shooter in the parking lot. Smith told the "Today" show he ran outside briefly then back inside and called 911. He helped hide a coworker behind some trash cans behind the kiosk, then tried to hide himself.

"I was definitely in a life-threatening situation if the shooter came to the kiosk," he said. When it was over, at least two friends and co-workers had been killed, he said. Another friend has not answered his phone, and Smith said he does not yet know that friend's fate.

"It's definitely been rough," he said. "It's harder than it was yesterday, just thinking about the friends that I lost.
What a horrible experience. I recall seeing a young woman on the news or a stream yesterday who came to the area because her friend worked at the Starbucks and she was worried.

The trauma doesn't end when the shooting stops.
:(

jmo

At about 6:20 in the video, police ask the videographer to get out of the area, and he tells them to “just go worry about the problem”.

While I am grateful for news and video, the videographer was not compliant and was jeopardizing police response.

Not cool.

jmo
He warned others still arriving and was most likely traumatized, his friend was still inside I believe.
Horrifying!

MOD NOTE:

While the horror of this terrible crime is going to be felt forever, Websleuths is NOT the place to debate political ideologies on gun control, historically or in the future. There will never be a way to resolve this deep seeded issue on this crime forum, and it is futile and counterproductive to try. As always, Websleuths will not allow posts that contain political comments and/or gun control arguments that will derail the discussion. Please report them so that they can be removed. Replying to such posts only makes the problem worse.

These are the same guidelines applied to every case here, so this is not a new rule. THANK YOU for your efforts to to adhere to the TOS when participating in this discussion, and any others on the public threads at Websleuths.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

What a horrible experience. I recall seeing a young woman on the news or a stream yesterday who came to the area because her friend worked at the Starbucks and she was worried.

The trauma doesn't end when the shooting stops.
:(

jmo

I think that the trauma starts with the shooting, and only amplifies in the aftermath. I know how this has shaken me thousands of miles and many degrees of separation away. For anyone who has any connection to the people, the area, and the community of Boulder, I imagine this will cause untold pain and suffering. May they find some semblance of comfort in the days, weeks, months and years to come.

Presser started

A lot of these are young people in their 20s, also middle age and elderly. Probably people coming in to get vaccine and store workers.

There was an interview on DM, I think, of a young guy who worked at the Starbucks inside the store. He said a few of his friends who worked there were killed.

He warned others still arriving and was most likely traumatized, his friend was still inside I believe.
Horrifying!

Good points, particularly that he was traumatized. I still believe when an officer asks a person to clear the scene during a mass shooting, it is not appropriate to argue with them, to not comply and continue filming.

It seems like terrible things continue happening in the beautiful state of Colorado. I don’t get it. What a terrifying situation, it sounds very chaotic. What a cowardly man, going after innocent folks just buying food for themselves and families. Seeing them running out of the store with their masks on made me feel extra sad.

Ahmad Al-Issa, suspect.

bouolder-4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Seven children. Seven.

Just think about that.

Sickening.

Sitting on my hands, now . . .

View attachment 289730

It tragically shows this monster changed the lives of countless others when he ripped the victims away from all who dearly loves them. The victims are the dead, and all who's lives will never be the same ever again.Those who made our world much brighter with them in it. Now because of this evil doer the sun shines dimmer because they were senselessly murdered.

May God be with them all in this time of tremendous loss when they need strength, and courage to go forward to make sure justice is done.

Jmho

FBI Denver office asks anyone with digital media, ie video evidence, please submit it to them via the FBI web site/Boulder Shooting.

No known motive of killer, he was shot in leg, not known who shot him yet. Arrest and affadavit will be filed later today. Collecting statements now, investigation is in the early stages.

Killer was from Arvada, lived most of his life in the US.
They believe the community is safe and that he was the only person involved.
Name going around on social media is a person NOT connected to this as far as they know
Boulder police chief says she lives 3 blocks away from the store, its scary, tragic, etc. Just gave the deceased officer an award a few weeks ago. Saw his whole family in her office then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99
Back