Found Deceased CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but isn't that a usual charge for resisting arrest?

I have no idea but it is evidence of violence - this guy is capable of violent behaviour IMO. Intent and premeditation is a whole other aspect to consider in this case, but in regards to whether he is capable of violence....for sure.

And emotional instability with violent tendencies and obsession can be a dangerous mix.

Does anybody know if he's being held or has been released? (Didn't see it mentioned.) Kinda hoping he's still in jail because his arrest honestly seems like the best thing for him and everybody else at the moment. He seems very unstable. And like he should probably step away from the internet.

Vinelink and the Boulder jail page still show him in custody. His 1st court date is 1/8/18. If one isn't set already, he may get a bond amount that day or be let out on OR.

SCHWARTZ,SHAWN 1800134 01/06/2018 19:34 BJ INT 10/18/1980 W M
Case No
Arresting Agency
Charge
Arrest Date
18-00187 BOULDER PD 18-3-203 SECOND DEGREE ASLT 01/06/2018
18-00187 BOULDER PD 18-8-104 OBSTRUCTING A PEACE 01/06/2018
18-00187 BOULDER PD 18-8-103 RESISTING ARREST 01/06/2018

https://sheriff.boco.solutions/JailOpenData/Home/JailBooking

So he is being charged with 3 offenses - assault, obstructing an officer and resisting arrest..

The resisting statute:
18-8-103. Resisting arrest

I think it may be. If you look at some of the other bookings at the Boulder page, those three charges SS has seem to be filed together in other cases as well.

Oh my god, thank you!

The characterization of him as socially awkward or a harmless Aspie left me befuddled. While mental illness certainly seems to be indicated here, it’s apparent to me that it is much more serious and dangerous than a harmless Asperberger’s diagnosis.

And I will be totally shocked if he is not responsible for her murder.

And as we know, or should know by now, no person is 100 percent evil 100 percent of the time. Many murders show kindness towards others when it benefits them, or even not. Just because he handed out blankets to the homeless doesn’t make him harmless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Great post.

No.

[h=2]CHARGES[/h][FONT=&quot]
  • Statute code/Charge:SECOND DEGREE ASLT
  • LevelF4

• Charge:SECOND DEGREE ASLT
  • Degree:

• Level:F4
  • Bond:

• Court Type:
  • Charging Agency:BOULDER PD

• Arresting Agency:BPD

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
  • Statute code/Charge:OBSTRUCTING A PEACE
  • LevelM2

• Charge:OBSTRUCTING A PEACE
  • Degree:

• Level:M2
  • Bond:

• Court Type:

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
  • Statute code/Charge:RESISTING ARREST
  • LevelM2

• Charge:RESISTING ARREST
  • Degree:

• Level:M2
  • Bond:

• Court Type:

[/FONT]

Perhaps this is why non suspects are usually not allowed to be discussed here. No one is negating what he did to cause a restraining order to come into play. At the same time, no one deserves to be blamed for a murder they may not have committed. If he is named as a suspect, go for it. But until then, he doesn’t deserve to be threatened over something he may not have done. As a DV victim myself, I would never want my former abuser to be harassed as he is being harassed since the murder. This thread is not about her RO and harassment. It’s about her murder, and admins have already said that we are not allowed to paint him as a suspect. JMO

Also, I brought up possible OD because it IS possible. A dealer can still be held liable for her death. It’s not victim shaming, it’s exploring any possibilities. Why did she get reported missing so fast? Why were her friends sharing the official missing post and tagging her publicly saying they were worried because “she is not well”? To me, that screams that there is more than meets the eye here.

Natalie got reported missing so fast because she had a dangerous stalker after her and then suddenly went uncharacterisically silent.

It is obvious and clear that LE is investigating this as murder. Not an overdose. They aren't tracking her and SS's movements because they want to pop a dealer.

Yes, those 3 charges usually go hand in hand in Colorado. The assault charge is USUALLY a direct result of resisting arrest versus assaulting then resisting arrest...if that makes sense.

Does anybody know if he's being held or has been released? (Didn't see it mentioned.) Kinda hoping he's still in jail because his arrest honestly seems like the best thing for him and everybody else at the moment. He seems very unstable. And like he should probably step away from the internet.

He's in custody.

Natalie got reported missing so fast because she had a dangerous stalker after her and then suddenly went uncharacterisically silent.

It is obvious and clear that LE is investigating this as murder. Not an overdose. They aren't tracking her and SS's movements because they want to pop a dealer.

Do you know this as a fact? She herself said she felt safe. Natalie had numerous people in her life with violent criminal records(which SS did not have at that time) and we know at one point she referenced a drug addiction. There are lots of things at play here and we really don’t have the info to say that this is the reason for the sudden alarm.

Do you know this as a fact? She herself said she felt safe. Natalie had numerous people in her life with violent criminal records(which SS did not have at that time) and we know at one point she referenced a drug addiction. There are lots of things at play here and we really don’t have the info to say that this is the reason for the sudden alarm.

Exactly.

This is the only case that I've followed (most of them from a distance) that I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying, Gitana1.

Although, I don't 100% think it's NOT him... I also don't 100% think it IS him, as other posters here seem to.

There seems to be evidence of numerous other unsavoury characters and choices in Natalie's life that has me doubting that it definitely was at SS's hands. Jmo, it's not so black and white for me but, then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was :moo:

Yes exactly. Will I be shocked if SS did this? No. Will I be shocked if he did not? No. There were MANY people in her life who had far worse history than SS did with her. So if we are expected to sit here and rip SS apart for stalking, then we better start ripping apart the people who surrounded her with actual (and multiple) abuse, DV, drug charges against them too.

What SS did is without a doubt wrong. The guy needs serious help. But he is not a named suspect or even a named POI at this point. If you read his past behavior and videos, he posts extreme rants when he either did something wrong or feels he hurt someone. I’m not seeing that shift in behavior this time. It’s not defending him by saying I don’t feel he did this. It’s my opinion and I don’t feel I should be told that it’s disturbing that I think that way. I’ve been solely focused on this case since she was first missing. I’ve spent hours upon hours reading and researching it. I’ve formed my opinions based on it.

Yes, those 3 charges usually go hand in hand in Colorado. The assault charge is USUALLY a direct result of resisting arrest versus assaulting then resisting arrest...if that makes sense.

Yes I thought so. It’s usually the same in my state as well.

Yes exactly. Will I be shocked if SS did this? No. Will I be shocked if he did not? No. There were MANY people in her life who had far worse history than SS did with her. So if we are expected to sit here and rip SS apart for stalking, then we better start ripping apart the people who surrounded her with actual (and multiple) abuse, DV, drug charges against them too.

What SS did is without a doubt wrong. The guy needs serious help. But he is not a named suspect or even a named POI at this point. If you read his past behavior and videos, he posts extreme rants when he either did something wrong or feels he hurt someone. I’m not seeing that shift in behavior this time. It’s not defending him by saying I don’t feel he did this. It’s my opinion and I don’t feel I should be told that it’s disturbing that I think that way. I’ve been solely focused on this case since she was first missing. I’ve spent hours upon hours reading and researching it. I’ve formed my opinions based on it.

I feel the same.

I agree, it's easy to focus on the most obvious,while others with a violent history stay under the radar.

I know this from common sense. From the use of critical thinking skills. Was anyone else who was in her life, record or not, threatening her or her family or stalking her? Only one we know of.

And people don't take out restraining orders and make public posts about extreme harassment and stalking like the one she did if they feel "safe".

I know this from common sense. From the use of critical thinking skills. Was anyone else who was in her life, record or not, threatening her or her family or stalking her? Only one we know of.

And people don't take out restraining orders and make public posts about extreme harassment and stalking like the one she did if they feel "safe".

Yes. There was someone else in her life who has abused her for years. Who “got a little too friendly” with her and her sister (her own words). Who “tried to kill her stepmom by bashing her head into a curb until she stopped moving” (again, her words).

And, if we are going to use Natalie’s words for everything, she absolutely said-on the restraining order post-that she now felt safe. Her words vs our interpretation of events.

I came to the same conclusion you did at the beginning but honestly, 2 hours is a very short period of time for LE to act even with a PO. We also have no evidence that after SS left Virginia, that his stalking/harassing was anything but online. She made no mention of him showing up at her residence or otherwise after he left VA which happened over a year ago. I personally believe she did invite him to VA based on what I’ve seen on SM - it’s clear to me that she did confide in him about a lot at some point along the way.

I understand the statistics on stalking and I have had to file a protective order in the past - so I absolutely see why it’s easy to jump to the conclusion that SS did this. And he very well may have. However, once I dropped my assumptions and kept an open mind, I did start to see SS and his actions differently. I think he was angry that she ended their friendship while she still kept all these other people around who had actively done her harm when all he wanted to do was help her(even if his actions came across as creepy and over the top). Does that make his constant emailing her and posting about her okay? Not at all. But we also haven’t seen any evidence or statements suggesting that he had physically tried to see her anytime over the last year so jumping to the conclusion that he suddenly decided show up somewhere and murder her after a permanent order had already been put in place is a bit of a leap IMO.

I also feel like if LE was convinced of his guilt, the Adams county SO would’ve brought him in on other charges so they could interrogate him and try to get him to confess. Or at least to keep a mentally unstable homeless murderer off the street!

I’m not convinced SS is innocent but I see plenty of other suspects and potential motives for murder and without more information, I can’t reach a conclusion either way.

Edited to add: If NB had started using again, we also need to consider that there is likely a whole cast of potentially shady characters in her life that we are unaware of that could potentially be suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member